• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Henry is a second round back. THere are other guys like him. Give Smith some credit. Henry was not elite until he became a OC.

As we wait to see if Arthur Smith officially takes the job in Atlanta, among all OCs in the last 20 seasons, Arthur Smith offenses ranked 1st in red zone efficiency, 2nd in yards per play, and 4th in

The entire Falcons Fanbase

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Yeah, it's absolutely amazing to me that people cannot accept a wide zone scheme produces powerful running.

Terrell Davis

Marshawn Lynch

Clinton Portis

Nick Chubb

...and now...

Derrick Henry

But if it's a good running game, to a certain subset of folks, it has to be "a power run game."

Ridiculous.

Remember Alfred Morris?

Mike and Kyle turned this 6th round RB into a 1600 yard rusher his rookie season.

3 hours ago, JetJones11 said:

🥱🤮😴 if this happens I’ll be so disgusted . all that EB hype and Joe Brady hype just to get the most boring coach in the cycle i don’t care how many teams wanted him

Man I love it... This is the guy I was hoping for, He is a great hire ....  Tannehill  was my QB last year and he averaged over 30 points a game.. Now you say that is FF points.. Hey! it's what he did.. and his production was close to the top .. A big reason why I won my FF league last year.  Most people didn't think he could produce such numbers.. I believed him. 

23 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

He is, and he's another one of those "it's the system, but also he's special" backs.  He's Davis or Henry level.

But Shanahan had one of Chubb's former team's castoffs looking good there in 2014 in a backup role.  Anyone remember Isaiah Crowell?  607 yards, 8 TDs in a backup role.

Yep, IC was very good in that system.

23 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Also, Smith's offense isn't "run first."  The Titans passed like 55% of the time last season.

People are so used to watching teams throw on every down that they have forgotten what a balanced offense looks like.  Fools acting like Arthur Smith is running a Wing T.

It's just that Henry is the star of the team, so he's on all the highlights, and it gives that perception. I mean, who wants to watch highlights of Ryan Tannehill? His parents even change the channel, I bet. 😄

3 minutes ago, GleasonForever! said:

So who will be the OC? I know Smith will call plays but who’s the hired OC he brings with him? 

McDaniel, maybe? If not, what about someone on his staff now? I admit, I don't follow Titans football much. 

7 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

It's just that Henry is the star of the team, so he's on all the highlights, and it gives that perception. I mean, who wants to watch highlights of Ryan Tannehill? His parents even change the channel, I bet. 😄

Some of the dumber Titans fans are insisting Tannehill is a top 3 QB and AJ Brown is a top 5 WR so Smith is just a product of elite personnel...lmao.

This is not the flashy hire but maybe that is a good thing. We do not need flashy but a good leader with new ideas that can maximize the talent we have now, plus bring a new culture and way of doing things that future players can buy into. No more slogans and stunts, I am okay with "boring" as long as it is effective and render winning results. 

3 hours ago, fuego said:

Same here. A little disappointing. I think his success is skewed by the fact that Henry is his running back. We have no Henry. 

I agree. That said, I'm more "not strongly in favor" of this move than I am opposed to it. I'm not sure I feel strongly there is a better move?

My greatest fear, which could be pure coincidence, in that this choice tends to continue to AB/RM pattern of addressing the most recent data point when making the current decision (hiring for the biggest current shortcoming instead of focusing on best available).

6 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Hopefully just ironing out numbers.

Yeah, I suspect it's just formality of money, length of contract, etc. Not to mention, we have to talk to Fontenot as well, and that's probably tricky right now with NO still in the playoffs.

There are only a handful of these spots open every year. Despite the 'leverage' chatter that is out there, these guys aren't trying to turn down one of those jobs. 

3 hours ago, The Don™ said:

For those who haven't seen these two posts...here's a little about the offense he runs and results

Here's some more stats from another thread I posted in:

Their offense also converted 75% of their redzone drives to TDs vs our 53% redzone TD rate. They were also in the top 5 in NOT being in third down situations while Dirk's offense was in the bottom five (more third down situations), while also having a lower third down conversion rate than Tenn....Titans were ranked 5 in first qtr scoring (Atl was 11). Ranked 6 in third qtr scoring (Atl was 22). Ranked 8 in 4th qtr scoring (Atl was 24). 

- Me

image.jpeg.e18abb3aca2e43601077d097f5a1a029.jpeg

12 minutes ago, falcon22 said:

This is not the flashy hire but maybe that is a good thing. We do not need flashy but a good leader with new ideas that can maximize the talent we have now, plus bring a new culture and way of doing things that future players can buy into. No more slogans and stunts, I am okay with "boring" as long as it is effective and render winning results. 

It's a flashy hire for anyone who understands football.