Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do something we haven't done in decades. If ever. Trade down. Add picks. We are stacked at the QB and WR positions thanks to Dimi and others. Ryan, Julio, Ridley, Gage, you name it. Move down and

One more domino falling ...

MIKE LAFLEURC, SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS   ESPN's Adam Schefter reports new Jets coach Robert Saleh is expected to hire 49ers passing-game coordinator Mike LaFleur as his offensive coord

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, Simicager said:

If we trade down I want another corner to pair with Terrell, and go RB and safety in the 2nd.

I would trade down and snap Najee up early. Then go from there. All defense. Resign all the defenders that helped turn our defense around. Add a couple FAs if we can fit em under the cap.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JetJones11 said:

2 slots won’t cost as much as it will for the other teams later in the first round a few late round picks which we have plenty and maybe a 2022 2nd and this years 3rd that’s worth it if we keep our 2nd this year 

The Bears moved from 3 to 2 to draft Mitchell Trubisky and it cost them a 1st round pick.

But drafting a QB at 4 is an extremely dumb idea. QB isn't the reason the Falcons have sucked the last 3 years. Get a RB, FS, DE, CB in some order. Falcons should attempt to gain 3 or 4 picks in the first 2 rounds of this draft and draft those positions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Do something we haven't done in decades. If ever. Trade down. Add picks. We are stacked at the QB and WR positions thanks to Dimi and others. Ryan, Julio, Ridley, Gage, you name it.

Move down and fortify the defense. I would target Najee and take him early. Maybe in the first on a trade down. Remember the Burner? 56-24 (.700) with Schmitty as our HC. 

Find a five year RB. Then go DE, DT, LB, DB and build a killa defense. Beat as on both sides of the ball. In the trenches where Lombardies are won.

Smash mouth style like Smitty tried to do before we went explosive in 2011. The sooner we do the better off we'll all be. Trust me on this one folks. Especially if A. Smith is our coach.

 

AMEN brother!! Najee Harris only makes even more sense if Arthur Smith is the man for the job!! Let's build the Titans offense in Atlanta. It would be even better cause Matt Ryan is better than Ryan Tannehill.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

AMEN brother!! Najee Harris only makes even more sense if Arthur Smith is the man for the job!! Let's build the Titans offense in Atlanta. It would be even better cause Matt Ryan is better than Ryan Tannehill.

An engine like Najee is all we need. Then go defense. Maybe an IOL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

The Bears moved from 3 to 2 to draft Mitchell Trubisky and it cost them a 1st round pick.

But drafting a QB at 4 is an extremely dumb idea. QB isn't the reason the Falcons have sucked the last 3 years. Get a RB, FS, DE, CB in some order. Falcons should attempt to gain 3 or 4 picks in the first 2 rounds of this draft and draft those positions.

they wouldnt be drafting a qb cuz they believe ryan sucks they would draft a qb cuz its a future move 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Miami also commiting to tua. Its looking like either fields or wilson will fall to us. Hoping its wilson but wint be mad if its fields. But hes really gone have his work cut out for him, to get to nfl standards in tierms of his ball release, progression reading, and footwork speed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, FalconOdense said:

NEVER draft a RB in the first round. Go get that playmaker on defense instead.

And who exactly is that? Parsons? Surtain? Rousseau? Please bro. Najee will have more impact than all of them. What an old, outdated, dumass TATF draft rule. Expired the day we took Beaslie over Gurlie six years ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

So you're perfectly fine with the Falcons punting on the 2021 season? Cause drafting a QB at #4 is exactly what that is. You're saying "I'm ok with not winning in 2021."

how is it punting you making it seem like we got one draft pick in 2021 we have what 6 picks. I have said that if we sit at 4 and take a QB im cool with that and if we trade back and take a defensive guy im cool with that too

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

And who exactly is that? Parsons? Surtain? Rousseau? Please bro. Najee will have more impact than all of them. What an old, outdated, dumass TATF draft rule. Expired the day we took Beaslie over Gurlie six years ago.

Man if you can find a generational back that can carry the team pull the trigger. A good rb makes everyone else's job easier.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, kenn.junior said:

how is it punting you making it seem like we got one draft pick in 2021 we have what 6 picks. I have said that if we sit at 4 and take a QB im cool with that and if we trade back and take a defensive guy im cool with that too

You don't draft a QB at 4th to sit. You spend a top 5 pick on a QB then he needs to play immediately. You don't draft a QB in the top 5 to not play. That is how you would be punting on the 2021 season. This shouldn't be hard to understand.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

Not a big Saleh guy. Plus it's the Jets, they're prone to the screw ups. Last but not least, I have no faith in Darnold.

I could be totally wrong about all of this though.

Well he hired Lefluer so maybe that will save him. They will need at least 3 years though.

Edited by red falcon
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AUTiger7222 said:

You don't draft a QB at 4th to sit. You spend a top 5 pick on a QB then he needs to play immediately. You don't draft a QB in the top 5 to not play. That is how you would be punting on the 2021 season. This shouldn't be hard to understand.

mahomes was the 10th pick but sat whats the difference a first round pick is a first round pick nothing wrong with sitting someone for one year the rest of the picks will play 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a pretty solid hiring for the Jets. Wouldn’t have hated this combo of Salah and LaFleur but I’ve been on the ASmith bandwagon from Day 1 just from the similarities in Tenn and Falcs current rosters (yes apart from the gun RB who we can acquire with a trade down in the first and Najee)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, primetime said:

This is a pretty solid hiring for the Jets. Wouldn’t have hated this combo of Salah and LaFleur but I’ve been on the ASmith bandwagon from Day 1 just from the similarities in Tenn and Falcs current rosters (yes apart from the gun RB who we can acquire with a trade down in the first and Najee)

Nah man we need a solid offensive guy running the show. Had too many issues with change and consistancy. Before you know it we would be looking for a OC again.

Decent run game and productive offense covers a lot of warts. See 2016.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...