With Urban Meyer going to Jacksonville.. I’d assume Fields is the number one pick now.

Theres a good chance Jets grab Devanta Smith imo

Dolphins grab Sewell

We grab Trevor with Hackett as our coach to pair with Julio and Ridley.

Edited by ShmevinShmarris
15 minutes ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

With Urban Meyer going to Jacksonville.. I’d assume Fields is the number one pick now.

Dolphins grab Sewell

Dude there is no way Fields would ever be drafted over Lawrence. And no offense,  but that's the dumbest thing I've read on this board in a long time...

Edited by SavedByGrace1221
Wrong word

People are way too quick to try and play connect the dots. I don’t care if Fields played at OSU. Did Meyer even coach him? Who is too say he didn’t like Lawrence more when recruiting as well.

his admiration for TLaw is no secret, just read this...

https://nypost.com/2021/01/14/urban-meyers-preference-between-trevor-lawrence-justin-fields-is-clear/

With Urban Meyer seemingly closing in to become the head coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars, according to multiple reports, there figures to be little doubt who the former Florida and Ohio State head coach will want as his quarterback.

Among the reasons the Jacksonville job appeals to Meyer is the fact they have the No. 1 overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, which means he’ll almost certainly have a chance to coach Clemson quarterback Trevor Lawrence.

Meyer has not hidden his admiration of Lawrence, who is an elite enough prospect that Jets fans were upset when they won their first game of the year against the Rams, which cost them the top pick.

As ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler tweeted Wednesday, “Meyer has long been enamored with Trevor Lawrence.”

Prior to last year’s college football playoff, Meyer called Lawrence “the best quarterback in college football, ever.”

And this season, while still working as a FOX Sports college football analyst, Meyer put Lawrence ahead of Ohio State quarterback, Justin Fields.

Urban Meyer Getty Images

“I had Fields and Trevor right next to each other,” Meyer said. “I put Trevor Lawrence for one reason, he played one more year. That was it. The one thing I’ll say about Justin Fields, because I’m very close to the situation, any concerns about him being a throwing quarterback are gone now. He’s developed, he’s outstanding. I hear the guys talk. I talk to Coach [Ryan] Day, and obviously the quarterback coach I’m very close to. Comparisons to [former Ohio State QB] Dwayne Haskins are everywhere now as far as throwing the football, which — that’s an elite thrower.”

The mere mention of Haskins raises red flags after he flopped as the No. 15 overall pick in 2019. He lasted less than two years in Washington, who cut him in late December.

Lawrence, meanwhile, finished second in Heisman Trophy voting in his final season at Clemson, which was briefly interrupted by a COVID-19 diagnosis. He played 10 games and his season ended with a loss to Fields’ Buckeyes in the Sugar Bowl, when Fields actually outperformed Lawrence.

Now, Meyer could be in a position to choose between the two.

21 minutes ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

Dolphins grab Sewell

I can't say about the rest, but he just might take Justin Fields with the first pick.

22 minutes ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

Dolphins grab Sewell

28 minutes ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

Dolphins grab Sewell

Zero. 

Lawrence is a Jaguar 

Look,  Myers most likely will take Trevor, what gets me about this is folks constantly dumping on Fields and its CLEAR he is big time.  In fact, he is better than even I believed he was.  There WILL be debate among Myers staff about which way they gonna go, in fact, its being conversated about even in the media.  Again, MOST LIKELY he goes with Lawrence, but I wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't.

Dan Orlovsky: (Fields) is an absolute superstar, like just because we all have linked Trevor Lawrence there ... now with Urban going there, does it become a conversation of who goes No. 1? Absolutely. Absolutely it does. Because he could love Justin Fields more than he loves Trevor Lawrence.

Keyshawn Johnson: I think it's everything is at play right now. ... It's hard for me to think that a coach that was at a university that recruited the quarterback - been knowing the kid for a long time - also put the head coach in place that's at Ohio State, that they're not having communications. ... It's hard for me to think that he's gonna pass on a guy like Fields for Trevor Lawrence. ... It's one of those deals where I look at coaches in the past that have gone from college to the pros, whether it's the first round or rounds in general. They like to have people that understand their program. Even though Fields didn't play for Urban, that program is still Urban. because they took a lot of the same principles and installed them and kept them in Ohio State's program. It'll be fun to watch and see come draft time, that's for dang sure.

Marcus Spears: What I think is we're not waiting to see a **** thing. Trevor Lawrence is going first to the Jacksonville Jaguars, and that's been the talk since last year. That's what's going to happen. We just watched the owner talk about how much he wants to be involved in the roster. Obviously, Urban Meyer and whatever staff he brings in and the general manager have decisions to make. But the first overall pick is going to be Trevor Lawrence. ... I like the fact that Urban Meyer has recruited Justin Fields ... out of high school, and all of that. But the bottom line is the quarterback from Clemson is going No. 1. ... We're not trading talent for talent, either. Trevor Lawrence has been the guy. He hasn't done anything to knock himself off that pedestal. Justin Fields obviously outplayed him when they played against Clemson. But when they send that card in, it'll be Trevor Lawrence's name on it.

Orlovsky: We didn't hear these Urban Meyer rumors to Jacksonville until they got to the No. 1 spot. When they were sitting at the No. 2 pick for most of the season, there wasn't this conversation. I agree wholeheartedly - this will be Trevor Lawrence at the No. 1 pick. And I think a reason why Urban is willing to take that job is because of this. We'll see how much roster control when it comes to recruiting he has down in Jacksonville.

Johnson: He's probably going to have all the control. ... He's a control guy. He doesn't want to take a job and have somebody tell him what to do. These coaches in this day and age that don't need jobs - they don't want to deal with that. Because he can go anywhere to do that. He wants control like he had at Florida, Utah, Ohio State. And it's different because you need somebody who understands the pro game and your pro scouting department. 

Orlovsky: I think that's a massive mistake though - to bring in no NFL experience and go, 'Hey we're gonna give you roster control and be the head coach?' That's a recipe for failure. 

Spears: The first part of that roster control is gonna be drafting Trevor Lawrence. It ain't about what I want. It's what's gonna happen.