Using the Numbers to Break Down Arthur Smith vs Hackett vs Joe Brady

The object of the game is to score. Numbers dont lie.  You can go to nfl.com and see this breakdown under TEAM stats. Total TDs for the season. Packers Number 1 in NFL with 66, Titans Number 2 with 62 and Panthers way back with 38 total TDs. Falcons had 41. Column 1 is rushing TD, Column 2 is Passing TDs, and Column 3 is Total TDs. Titans had more balanced attack.  Arthur Smith ran a offense more in line with what Payton is running. Look at the balance and similarity. 

image.thumb.png.4156faee53151650c3bc8a6fe0383f7e.png

Edited by Refried Beans

8 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I think Hackett would use Julio and Ridley better. Plus our offensive line seems built for Hackett not so much Smith. Joe Brady hasn't shown me enough yet.

What do you think the difference is between Hackett and Smith that makes our line more suited to Hackett?

15 minutes ago, vel said:

People see Henry and lose all thought process. They think they run a power gap scheme and pure smashmouth because the RB is 6'3 250lbs and that's the only way it would work. 

Used to happen with Lynch too.  Marshawn Lynch ran over people, ergo, power run scheme.

The fact that Seattle actually ran a zone blocking scheme was unpossible because that's finesse not power.  As I see it, if you're running over fools, it's power running regardless of how the line is blocking.

1 hour ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I think Hackett would use Julio and Ridley better. Plus our offensive line seems built for Hackett not so much Smith. Joe Brady hasn't shown me enough yet.

4 players with the panthers in his first year above 1k yards each isn't showing you enough? A national championship win with record numbers isn't enough for you? Im lost..

2 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Used to happen with Lynch too.  Marshawn Lynch ran over people, ergo, power run scheme.

The fact that Seattle actually ran a zone blocking scheme was impossible because that's finesse not power.  As I see it, if you're running over fools, it's power running regardless of how the line is blocking.

Yep. People still believe zone blocking is finesse. The only people who believe that haven't had to fight off 300lb OL blocks. 

3 minutes ago, Atlchamp99 said:

4 players with the panthers in his first year above 1k yards each isn't showing you enough? A national championship win with record numbers isn't enough for you? Im lost..

Neither of those tell me he can be a successful HC in the NFL. OC? Maybe. Sark just put up record numbers at Bama and was ran out of here and did better than Brady did at CAR. 

35 minutes ago, Romfal said:

until I see Derrick Henry in a Falcons jersey I am very much unexcited about Arthur Smith

You can say that sort of thing about any OC we are considering to be HC. “Take away their best player” I don’t get it

Who was Ryan Tannehill before? He isn’t just a product of Henry.

Henry also got more productive under Smith as well. He has to be credited with some of the success instead of discredited. We have more weapons outside of RB than TEN. Oh, and the better QB, too.

At this point I think it's highly likely the choice is Hackett for head coach.  Now that we know the decision is basically been made that Fontenot is the GM. There is likely nothing stopping us from hiring Smith or Brady right now (and honestly if we wanted one of those coaches it would make the most sense to sign them ASAP). Hackett has to wait for GB to lose in the playoffs. I'll be very shocked at this point if it doesn't end up being Hackett in the end.

3 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

You can say that sort of thing about any OC we are considering to be HC. “Take away their best player” I don’t get it

Who was Ryan Tannehill before? He isn’t just a product of Henry.

Henry also got more productive under Smith as well. He has to be credited with some of the success instead of discredited. We have more weapons outside of RB than TEN. Oh, and the better QB, too.

Lol it's so stupid. I guess he wouldn't be walking into a situation with a Matt, Julio, and Ridley. Shlt Lafleur didn't take Henry to Green Bay...

2 hours ago, TTU Falcon said:

At this point I think it's highly likely the choice is Hackett for head coach.  Now that we know the decision is basically been made that Fontenot is the GM. There is likely nothing stopping us from hiring Smith or Brady right now (and honestly if we wanted one of those coaches it would make the most sense to sign them ASAP). Hackett has to wait for GB to lose in the playoffs. I'll be very shocked at this point if it doesn't end up being Hackett in the end.

Prepared to be shocked. I dont want Hackett. Doesnt call the plays in Green Bay. At least Arthur Smith calls his own plays.