Jump to content

Arthur Smith fans, what is it about his scheme do you like?


Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, NorthGaBoy said:

I have observed the same thing and I am concerned about this.  Tennessee always looks flat in the playoffs.

Not really.   They beat the Pats and destroyed the 14-2 Ravens with the league MVP All as a 6th seed on the road. This year they played The Ravens close.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He runs it exactly like the Shanahans drew it up.  Everything works off the wide zone blocking scheme in the run game.  From that, he dials up play action and bootlegs to keep defenses off balance, an

#2 Tenn redzone 48/64 - 75% #1 GB redzone 48/60 - 80% Atl redzone 31/58 53%  

Has a synergistic approach to the game. Believes in keeping the defense off the field and the defense getting the offense back on the field. Quick strike is BS

38 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

Arthur Smith has shown in consecutive post-season years that he either can’t, or doesn’t, make in game adjustments.  If His offense struggles if Derrick Henry isn’t having a good game.

The Titans upset the Patriots and the Ravens last year and then scored 24 points against the Chiefs. So...no.

Tannehill had a bad game on Sunday. The plays were there. Don't get it twisted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, NorthGaBoy said:

I have observed the same thing and I am concerned about this.  Tennessee always looks flat in the playoffs.

They **** sure didn’t last year. They had no business making it that far in the playoffs. Also, Matt Ryan and Julio Jones would give him a few more options in the passing game. I couldn’t imagine how good our offense would be with a running back HALF as good as Derrick Henry.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Has a synergistic approach to the game. Believes in keeping the defense off the field and the defense getting the offense back on the field. Quick strike is BS

All about exposure. Was trying to explain this in 2017. The fewer drives a defense has to defend, it inherently limits the amount of points the opposing offense has to score. Throw in a strong red zone offense that scores TDs and the pressure on the opposing offense to be near perfect is heightened and causes stress and mistakes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jesus said:

I had to look it up. They signed him to a 4 year $50 mill deal in July 2020. Then I saw his high school stats. I honestly don't even know what to make of these numbers.

Derrick Henry Rushing
Year Team GP Att Yds Avg Yds/G Lng TD
2009 Yulee 11 313 2,465 7.9 224.1 26
2010 Yulee 12 313 2,788 8.9 232.3 75 38
2011 Yulee 12 309 3,165 10.2 263.7 90 34
2012 Yulee 13 462 4,261 9.2 327.8 80 55
Career 48 1,397 12,124 8.7 252.6 90 153

Take Off Glasses GIFs | Tenor

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GATXBOI said:

I like Hackett because since he got to green Bay his job was to maximize the redzone production. He did. That has been our weakness for a while. Especially since 2017. 

I wouldn't mind Smith either or Brady. Since they paired Hackett with Fontenot first I been looking into the guy and I am a fan.

Don't hate Smith nor the work he has put in.

Someone posted above that the titans were 75% in the redzone the packers were 80% not that big drop off and we know Smith actually runs the ball the packers dont as much my vote is Smith

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KRUNKuno said:

I stand corrected.  They were up 10.  Regardless it’s a blown lead that DQ, Koetter and company would’ve gotten blasted for.  But let’s look at the stats:

Henry: 19att 69yds 1td  longest rush was 13 yards

Tannenhill: 21/31 209 yds 2 TDs

proof that if Henry isn’t running well they struggle.

bruh really you bashing AS for losing a 10 pt lead in the 1st qtr get outta here with that junk but you not gonna talk about the titans defense giving up the lead tho smh. plus you comparing tannehill to matt who is a better thrower

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Godzilla1985 said:

Not really.   They beat the Pats and destroyed the 14-2 Ravens with the league MVP All as a 6th seed on the road. This year they played The Ravens close.  

In that game:

Henry: 30att 195yds 0tds

Tannenhill: 7/14 88yds 2TDs, 1 rushing TD

 

again it looks great when Henry is gashing teams.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vel said:

All about exposure. Was trying to explain this in 2017. The fewer drives a defense has to defend, it inherently limits the amount of points the opposing offense has to score. Throw in a strong red zone offense that scores TDs and the pressure on the opposing offense to be near perfect is heightened and causes stress and mistakes. 

Exactly.  People overcomplicate things.  More opportunities for your offense equals more chances to put up points.  More time on the field for your offense equals fewer chances for them to put up points.  Better run game equals more time on the field for your offense and less time for them to put up points.  Better TOP equals less wear and tear on your defense and better opportunities for the defense to get off the field.

That's not even talking about special teams, turnovers, etc.  This is just very basic Football 101 stuff.  You want your offense getting more chances against their defense and their offense getting fewer chances against yours.  Obviously you have to make the most of the chances too.  It all works together.  It's why I rarely agree that one side of the ball is to blame, though this season, I do have to say better offense would have taken a lot of stress off our defense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Macintez said:

They **** sure didn’t last year. They had no business making it that far in the playoffs. Also, Matt Ryan and Julio Jones would give him a few more options in the passing game. I couldn’t imagine how good our offense would be with a running back HALF as good as Derrick Henry.

wouldnt be no contest cmon now henry with julio rid gage and hurst with matt back in a wco gurley was supposed to create what we thought could happen but nope

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

In that game:

Henry: 30att 195yds 0tds

Tannenhill: 7/14 88yds 2TDs, 1 rushing TD

 

again it looks great when Henry is gashing teams.  

I don't remember henry gashing teams the 3 years he was in the league before smith.

Remember what freeman looked like with Shanny? Now remember what he looked like with everybody else? Night and day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

In that game:

Henry: 30att 195yds 0tds

Tannenhill: 7/14 88yds 2TDs, 1 rushing TD

 

again it looks great when Henry is gashing teams.  

14 passes what are you saying he throw the ball 14 TIMES 14 dude obviously they didnt want tannehill to throw the ball that game

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kenn.junior said:

bruh really you bashing AS for losing a 10 pt lead in the 1st qtr get outta here with that junk but you not gonna talk about the titans defense giving up the lead tho smh. plus you comparing tannehill to matt who is a better thrower

A double digit blown lead is a double digit blown lead.  I don’t see what there is to argue there.  After halftime of both the Chiefs game last year and the Ravens game this year, Arthur Smith showed that if Derrick Henry and the run game isn’t working then he has nothing else to rely on.

Regardless of the players on the team, it seems as if he doesn’t have a great counterattack if his plan A is not working.  They trusted Tannenhill enough to give him a hefty contract extension.  Smith should’ve been able to open the playbook up some more. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

In that game:

Henry: 30att 195yds 0tds

Tannenhill: 7/14 88yds 2TDs, 1 rushing TD

 

again it looks great when Henry is gashing teams.  

When's the last time the Falcons' won a game with the QB attempting less than 20 passes?

I remember in that same playoffs the 49ers destroying GB and Jimmy G only threw 10 passes.

I want that kind of balance where the Falcons can air raid a defense or run it down their throats. Ryan can still sling it. Balance that out with a run game that teams have to gameplan for and a defense and the Falcons will be playing January football again.

Bring Smith to Atlanta.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

A double digit blown lead is a double digit blown lead.  I don’t see what there is to argue there.  After halftime of both the Chiefs game last year and the Ravens game this year, Arthur Smith showed that if Derrick Henry and the run game isn’t working then he has nothing else to rely on.

Regardless of the players on the team, it seems as if he doesn’t have a great counterattack if his plan A is not working.  They trusted Tannenhill enough to give him a hefty contract extension.  Smith should’ve been able to open the playbook up some more. 

What did you think Ryan Tannehill before last season? 

Yea that's I thought. Isn't it possible that the reason the Titans can be beat if Henry is stopped is because they have an OK player at quarterback and not a stud that scares anyone?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

What did you think Ryan Tannehill before last season? 

Yea that's I thought. Isn't it possible that the reason the Titans can be beat if Henry is stopped is because they have an OK player at quarterback and not a stud that scares anyone?

Giving him a huge contract extension says otherwise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KRUNKuno said:

Giving him a huge contract extension says otherwise.

My question was what did YOU think of him. Not the Titans. And Henry is great for sure. But he absolutely is not getting the production he's getting without his offensive line, the scheme and play design, and the guy calling the plays.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

I am not his fan but I see him run Shanny system with lot of motion, bootlegs and PA. Gives QB pre snap options. Watching CAR, Brady signals run or pass to opposing defenses with out any disguise.

As of the end of November the Panthers were ranked 21st in pre snap motion, whereas the Titans were ranked 23rd.

The packers were ranked 3rd

Gimme Hackett

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Exactly.  People overcomplicate things.  More opportunities for your offense equals more chances to put up points.  More time on the field for your offense equals fewer chances for them to put up points.  Better run game equals more time on the field for your offense and less time for them to put up points.  Better TOP equals less wear and tear on your defense and better opportunities for the defense to get off the field.

That's not even talking about special teams, turnovers, etc.  This is just very basic Football 101 stuff.  You want your offense getting more chances against their defense and their offense getting fewer chances against yours.  Obviously you have to make the most of the chances too.  It all works together.  It's why I rarely agree that one side of the ball is to blame, though this season, I do have to say better offense would have taken a lot of stress off our defense.

Yep. It's the complementary aspect of the game that most just plain ignore. Blame it on the media and fantasy football. You can play multiple offensive skill players but only a group defense in fantasy and the media wants to make the game QB vs QB even though they're literally never on the field together. It's the ultimate team game and people keep trying to ignore that for some reason. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

My question was what did YOU think of him. Not the Titans. And Henry is great for sure. But he absolutely is not getting the production he's getting without his offensive line, the scheme and play design, and the guy calling the plays.

I don’t really think one way or the other about Tannehill.  But it doesn’t matter what I think about him; it’s what his HC, OC and ownership think of him.  They thought enough of him to give him a huge contract extension.  To me that signals that they trust him enough to open things up and for their offense to be less one dimensional when things aren’t going according to plan. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

A double digit blown lead is a double digit blown lead.  I don’t see what there is to argue there.  After halftime of both the Chiefs game last year and the Ravens game this year, Arthur Smith showed that if Derrick Henry and the run game isn’t working then he has nothing else to rely on.

Regardless of the players on the team, it seems as if he doesn’t have a great counterattack if his plan A is not working.  They trusted Tannenhill enough to give him a hefty contract extension.  Smith should’ve been able to open the playbook up some more. 

well if we go smith the only thing I can tell you is to rep a new team

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...