I thought Terry Fontenont was paired with Nathaniel Hackett?

4 minutes ago, itsryanwonder said:

My question is, what has joe brady ever done? He stunk with his time with the panthers.  Even Sark looked good in college when he is on the number one team in the nation.

I agree.  Of the folks we've been interviewing, I'm the least impressed with Brady.  I'd rather have Smith or Hackett.  

4 minutes ago, itsryanwonder said:

My question is, what has joe brady ever done? He stunk with his time with the panthers.  Even Sark looked good in college when he is on the number one team in the nation.

Not fair to say he “stunk” with the Panthers when he had to adjust to not having his top player. Still made Teddy seem like a competent QB and had three WRs top 1,000 yards. Also he’s young and it gives us an opportunity to have continuity on offense for a long time. 

3 minutes ago, itsryanwonder said:

Has to be something that teams like. He's been a notable HC candidate for a while now.

I have no idea why either, but maybe people inside the NFL do.

Has Sean Payton said anything about him over the past few months or years since he was formerly on the Saints staff?

2 minutes ago, itsryanwonder said:

Personnel is just as important as coaching. 

They had PJ Walker taking significant snaps in 4 games with a not much better Teddy Bridgewater playing the others. They lost CMC in week 1 and he barely played the entire year making them use Mike Davis as their starter. They have no TE worth mentioning and their O-Line is worse than ours.

So yeah, It's hard to look good given that hand. He still made Mike Davis look like a solid RB with over 1k yards and their 3 WRs each had over 1k yards. 

Swap out Teddy for Ryan, Hopefully a nice rookie RB for Mike Davis, Julio/Ridley/Gage for their WRs and Hurst over their nonexistent TE and you have a much improved talent group to run your offense.

I still prefer Arthur Smith, But Joe Brady is an up and coming talented offensive minded HC. It's better to be early than late when trying to hire one.

8 minutes ago, itsryanwonder said:

Exactly! I heard he did very well in the interview however. Maybe he has a good defensive coordinator lined up or something.

Yeah, just yesterday they were all saying Smith is the likely target.  I'm not sure who their 2nd choice would be, but if he's the guy, he'll be hired by the weekend I'd wager.

If he isn't, we're waiting on someone.  

I refuse to believe they're going to hire Doogie Howser to be the HC of this football team.

1 minute ago, JDaveG said:

Yeah, just yesterday they were all saying Smith is the likely target.  I'm not sure who their 2nd choice would be, but if he's the guy, he'll be hired by the weekend I'd wager.

If he isn't, we're waiting on someone.  

I refuse to believe they're going to hire Doogie Howser to be the HC of this football team.

I'm surprised the Falcons didn't interview Daboll. He seemed like a top candidate.

12 minutes ago, itsryanwonder said:

He didn't definitely didn't stink with the panthers, they exceeded what you would have expected with that offense if anything and with CMC being injured. He's the 5th guy in the SB era to have 4 players have 1000+ scrimmage yards, not an easy accomplishment by any means.

3 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Personnel is just as important as coaching. 

They had PJ Walker taking significant snaps in 4 games with a not much better Teddy Bridgewater playing the others. They lost CMC in week 1 and he barely played the entire year making them use Mike Davis as their starter. They have no TE worth mentioning and their O-Line is worse than ours.

So yeah, It's hard to look good given that hand. He still made Mike Davis look like a solid RB with over 1k yards and their 3 WRs each had over 1k yards. 

Swap out Teddy for Ryan, Hopefully a nice rookie RB for Mike Davis, Julio/Ridley/Gage for their WRs and Hurst over their nonexistent TE and you have a much improved talent group to run your offense.

I still prefer Arthur Smith, But Joe Brady is an up and coming talented offensive minded HC. It's better to be early than late when trying to hire one.

Just realized that Joe Brady (31) is younger than both Ryan (35) and Julio (31, about to be 32 in a month).

9 minutes ago, shock said:

Not fair to say he “stunk” with the Panthers when he had to adjust to not having his top player. Still made Teddy seem like a competent QB and had three WRs top 1,000 yards. Also he’s young and it gives us an opportunity to have continuity on offense for a long time. 

I'm not sure I like this take about 3 1k yard receivers. If Julio wasn't out we would still have 2.75 receivers with 1k yards (gage close to 800). It didn't mean anything. Not saying Brady is bad but just pointing out that 1k receiver is not a great argument for him. CAR ranked worse than us for offensive efficiency. You could argue that its Teddy but isn't what they say about Brady's strenght? That he caters to the strength of the player? Why was Teddy bad then? Brady is risky and there's no justifying that. If we get him, I'm ok with it but we need to accept there's an extremely high chance more than other coaches that its either the superbowl or the ******* boonies. 

10 minutes ago, itsryanwonder said:

Stunk? With the personnel they had on offense, the fact they weren't the worst offense in football was an achievement in itself. 

4 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Brady isn't the guy. 

It's either Smith or Hackett. If the Packers lose this weekend the team has a coach on Monday.

At this point, I think so too. First it was reported by Albert Breer for a Fontenot/Hackett connection and that has cooled off. Then rumors of Brady's best shot of landing a HC job was with us and him doing well in the interview process. Then yesterday, Arthur Smith emerging as a front runner. So yeah, I think it's safe to say it's either Hackett or Smith. If Smith is the guy, they could be waiting for him to decide where he wants to go after completing his interviews, or the Packers to lose to hire Hackett. I believe they are 1a and 1b basically and wouldn't be upset with either hire.

1 minute ago, The Don™ said:

At this point, I think so too. First it was reported by Albert Breer for a Fontenot/Hackett connection and that has cooled off. Then rumors of Brady's best shot of landing a HC job was with us and him doing well in the interview process. Then yesterday, Arthur Smith emerging as a front runner. So yeah, I think it's safe to say it's either Hackett or Smith. If Smith is the guy, they could be waiting for him to decide where he wants to go after completing his interviews, or the Packers to lose to hire Hackett. I believe they are 1a and 1b basically and wouldn't be upset with either hire.

They won't get another interview with Hackett until the Packers play. They could have offered him the job and it hasn't been announced because they are still playing, like Shanahan getting the SF job but it wasn't announced until the super bowl. I just want them to get their guy. If it's Smith hire him. If it's Hackett wait and hire him. Don't let anyone else take them.

5 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

Stunk? With the personnel they had on offense, the fact they weren't the worst offense in football was an achievement in itself. 

Did you watch the games? You all complain about predictable offenses but Want Brady. Brady made no adjustments nor did he show any creativity. Dude got figured out pretty fast in NFL after first few weeks. Nothing in CAR showed creativity. You need a creative guy if they lose key players. 

Just now, falcons007 said:

Did you watch the games? You all complain about predictable offenses but Want Brady. Brady made no adjustments nor did he show any creativity. Dude got figured out pretty fast in NFL after first few weeks. Nothing in CAR showed creativity. You need a creative guy if they lose key players. 

I did, did you?