I don't like it. As much as the questions of "what has he done" and "who really did the work", this is a ton more prevalent with TF than with Eric B. TF was behind Loomis AND Peyton; this is concerning to me because Loomis was the one who was asked to GM for the Pelicans (which tells me he was the main one building the Saints), the saints Pro free agents havn't really been that light years better than most other teams, and do we really want Loomis's way of doing things here (bounty gate, eaves dropping on opposition allegations, and almost yearly cap ****)?

1 minute ago, Joey563 said:

I don't like it. As much as the questions of "what has he done" and "who really did the work", this is a ton more prevalent with TF than with Eric B. TF was behind Loomis AND Peyton; this is concerning to me because Loomis was the one who was asked to GM for the Pelicans (which tells me he was the main one building the Saints), the saints Pro free agents havn't really been that light years better than most other teams, and do we really want Loomis's way of doing things here (bounty gate, eaves dropping on opposition allegations, and almost yearly cap ****)?

If he is there he is learning and is prepared for the job. He isn't Loomis and the Falcons ownership is not as permissive as the swampers.

He will do a great job. Don't worry. Just go get the right coach to make this team a winner again.

Just now, Jesus said:

If he is there he is learning and is prepared for the job. He isn't Loomis and the Falcons ownership is not as permissive as the swampers.

He will do a great job. Don't worry. Just go get the right coach to make this team a winner again.

I hope you are right. Im not feeling it. Id rather have Holmes or Smith; granted, none of these 3 have been perfect but Holmes and Smith have seemed to be more successful.

2 minutes ago, Jesus said:

I just saw where Holmes got the Lions job. That might be why TF is our new GM.

1 minute ago, Joey563 said:

I hope you are right. Im not feeling it. Id rather have Holmes or Smith; granted, none of these 3 have been perfect but Holmes and Smith have seemed to be more successful.

Team is going fresh. First time GM and probably a first time HC. 

Worked out well in 2008. Let's see it repeated!

6 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Team is going fresh. First time GM and probably a first time HC. 

Worked out well in 2008. Let's see it repeated!

Also the new HC is going to be much younger than Mike Smith was when he became Falcons HC.

Smitty like most older coaches was more set in his ways. The new younger coaching candidates may be more innovative and fresh minded schematically.

5 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Why do people keep connecting him to Brady? Because they worked in the same state at one point?

Brady worked for the team as an offensive assistant for 2 years while Fontenot was there.

But that's it.  I think it's the loosest of all possible connections.  Also, Brady is not coaching in the playoffs, and also has not gotten a 2nd interview that has been reported.  I think we can cross him off the list.

**** we got so lucky in 08. Think about it first time coach Gm and qb turned the team into a perennial playoff team for a 5 year run. It didn’t finish off with a sb... but gosh we were **** of fortunate. Could you imagine if we ended up with fontenot Brady and fields? Oddly enough I could see that working.