We Got Him: Terry Fontenot

4 minutes ago, DirtyBird2 said:

This leads me to believe we have our finalists at HC and it's someone he would not mind working with.

To those worried about his scouting, I'm sure he will bring I'm top minds to do that for him so he can focus on the pro side. Not worried about that in the least.

I also think this means someone big gets traded, that's Fontenonts speciality (movement on the pro side)

I would almost guarantee you the HC pick is all but done since the GM pick is done.    I believe the places that had both GM and HC openings - they were likely somewhat paired up as a matched set.  I might be wrong about that, but that is my perception.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There was never a time when we were not pulling for the Bucs this weekend.

Im good with it. As long as Brady is not his coach. Otherwise, lets start the coaching list candidates of 2024 now.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, stizz said:

What a dumb team. Blank and McKay. Two goofs. 

Let's give our good drafting rival two freebie draft picks and if he doesn't work out here, he's got a cushy job waiting for him again in New Orleans. 

Holmes was right there. Once again McKay in charge of another decision that sets the franchise back. I don't know what it's going to take for Blank to see he's a complete moron.

Holmes was my #1 choice. With that said, the Saints aren’t getting two additional 3rd round comp picks from ATLANTA. They’re getting rewarded those two picks from the NFL. Fontenot likely would’ve been hired by another team and the Saints still would’ve gotten those two picks regardless. Let’s just hope Fontenot does a great job here.

8 minutes ago, stizz said:

Let's give our good drafting rival two freebie draft picks and if he doesn't work out here, he's got a cushy job waiting for him again in New Orleans. 

Holmes was right there. Once again McKay in charge of another decision that sets the franchise back. I don't know what it's going to take for Blank to see he's a complete moron.

This is a terrible take.  Like top to bottom, it's just horrible.

7 minutes ago, stizz said:

Explain how the Saints getting two draft picks sets the Falcons back. Like objectively. Not from some fan rivalry standpoint.

9 minutes ago, Mr.11 said:

So is Debo.

Dude has been a thorn in the Saints side since his first game against them in 2016.

Of course - I almost mentioned him in my response about players going back and forth - but since he wasn't a FA, it didn't fit.   Thought of him though - and smiled!

9 minutes ago, stizz said:

While your rival being gifted 2 picks is not ideal, It's not like their coming from our inventory. If he turns this team around he is worth 2 measly comp 3rd round picks the league will gift them. Not to mention, if someone else hired him they would still get those picks.

40 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

serious question:

If you were the Saints, would you even want Terry Fontenot in your building if you knew he just accepted a deal to be the new Falcons GM?

"Terry,  please go in the warroom and take a picture of the Saints draft board and grab all the scouting reports on the way out."

I hope he's been ransacking Saints HQ all week.

Hey another positive spin, our D should improve immensely and immediately. This dude has been pre-gaming us for years. He'll be able to come in and tell us exactly what our D problem is and probably how to fix it.

Then we can ditch him and grab Holmes or Smith. This is about to get good.

11 minutes ago, stizz said:

This is not the way. 0/10 take. Imagine not taking someone they believe is a good GM just because the rival gets 2 3rd round picks. Maybe Holmes didn't want to come to ATL since his fam is up to DET. If we're a dumb team, go root for the ain'ts. **** yo nonsense. 

1 minute ago, Krodwhodat said:

Congratulations.  You guys are getting a good man.  It’s bitter sweet for saints fans but he has earned his chance.

Not according to some very knowledgeable Falcons fans. They are convinced Fontenot is a trojan horse sent to destroy the Falcons from the inside out (not that there's much left to wreck at this point).

1 minute ago, Krodwhodat said:

Congratulations.  You guys are getting a good man.  It’s bitter sweet for saints fans but he has earned his chance.

Yep part of having success in the NFL. He should be a good one for the Falcons. 

Gotta hope we retain Ireland now. We lost both and will have to replace from within. Hopefully that conveyor belt still working lol. 

4 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

While your rival being gifted 2 picks is not ideal, It's not like their coming from our inventory. If he turns this team around he is worth 2 measly comp 3rd round picks the league will gift them. Not to mention, if someone else hired him they would still get those picks.

Yes.  Play to win.  Playing not to lose gets you losses.  Play to win.

Just now, Mr.11 said:

Not according to some very knowledgeable Falcons fans. They are convinced Fontenot is a trojan horse sent to destroy the Falcons from the inside out (not that there's much left to wreck at this point).

I get it...coming from a deeply rooted place of disdain for your rival. He isnt coming there for 3 years to destroy the franchise at the behest of Saints or Saints fans. 

They will get over it soon enough. 

45 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

serious question:

If you were the Saints, would you even want Terry Fontenot in your building if you knew he just accepted a deal to be the new Falcons GM?

"Terry,  please go in the warroom and take a picture of the Saints draft board and grab all the scouting reports on the way out."

Seriously, I can see Payton posting spies on him - and checking the cameras.   I've heard vicodin can make you paranoid!

🤪

1 minute ago, WH dirtybird said:

I am not going to pull for Tom Brady to win this weekend. To do so would be an automatic Saints win. I have pulled for Brady to win a game maybe about five times in his career and he has lost every one of them. 

But we giving you FONTENOT! cmon ....just once? please? lololol

6 minutes ago, booty-mane said:

This is not the way. 0/10 take. Imagine not taking someone they believe is a good GM just because the rival gets 2 3rd round picks. Maybe Holmes didn't want to come to ATL since his fam is up to DET. If we're a dumb team, go root for the ain'ts. **** yo nonsense. 

McKay has made terrible decisions before and is the reason we're behind in the rebuild. Shut up.

• Ergo Proxy changed the title to We Got Him: Terry Fontenot