Jump to content

Would you trade Calvin Ridley for a Stephon Diggs type deal?


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Mr.11 said:

I would do it, but being a "running team" has less to do with personnel and more to do with commitment and mental cycles devoted to that aspect of the offense. Green Bay didn't have to expend a first round pick, let alone a top 10 pick, on a RB to become the solid rushing team they became the last two seasons. I'm not saying that Smith or whoever will turn Brian Hill or Ito Smith into pro bowl rushers, but I don't think we really need wholesale changes on the offense.

Defense is another story though.

That comment was moreso about fortifying the line than drafting a rb. We need a lg in the worst way and we don't know what we have at c yet. Also we need to shift some resources to the defense as you said. I just want a strong foundation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What is this idea that every player with talent should be traded away? How are the Vikings doing?

I disagree with your opinion that Ridley is better than Diggs. Diggs is 1st team all pro. Ridley just got his first 1000 yard season. 

I’m keeping Ridley. I would trade Julio before him.

3 hours ago, Realsurfin said:

All good on paper if all those guys you name are available in the sequence you call out.  Reality then steps in and your precise planning is in tatters.

Ridley is just getting better by the season.  He has and is an integral part of the team at this point.  Lets see what the new GM and HC decide.  If we ever fill those positions... lol

Theirs only a chance the RB isn't going to be there lol.  Chase and Smith are pretty much locks 1 of them are there at 4. Najee at 25 is a stretch but trust me i can find something else at 25 to use it on and still come out ok or **** i got 3 extra picks from the trade i can use 25 + a pick and go get harris if i want him bad enough.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

By your logic that means Justin Jefferson is  better than Ridley already. 125 targets, 88 catches, 1400yards, 7 touchdowns, 2 drops. Ridley 143 targets, 90 catches, 1374 yards, 9 touchdowns, 6 drops.

By my logic, Calvin Ridley is better than Stephen Diggs. Don’t even get me start on per route separation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 No.. unless we wanna look like this years Patriots team. No stars anywhere and no building blocks for the future. Julio may already be on the trading block, we'll need to keep whatever sure things we have. I say if they do trade Julio keep Ryan, Ridley, Hurst, Koo and the few standouts we have on defense and scrub everything else. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheRisen999 said:

 No.. unless we wanna look like this years Patriots team. No stars anywhere and no building blocks for the future. Julio may already be on the trading block, we'll need to keep whatever sure things we have. I say if they do trade Julio keep Ryan, Ridley, Hurst, Koo and the few standouts we have on defense and scrub everything else. 

Gage can stick around.  He shows up.  Needs a good coach.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ridley is by far our most valuable trade chip right now.  I think it is much more likely we trade him at some point than Julio due to JJ's massive contract.  I'm not clamoring to get rid of Ridley, but if it gives you an opportunity to improve your team overall you should consider it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, autigerfan said:

Ridley is by far our most valuable trade chip right now.  I think it is much more likely we trade him at some point than Julio due to JJ's massive contract.  I'm not clamoring to get rid of Ridley, but if it gives you an opportunity to improve your team overall you should consider it. 

Ain't nobody trading Rid... You're trippin

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2021 at 7:35 PM, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Last year the Minnesota Vikings traded Diggs to the Bills for a mess of picks. They received a 1st rounder (pick 22 I believe), a 5th, 6th and a next years 4th for him. They used that pick to draft Justin Jefferson just fyi

 

 

If we sign Arthur Smith to be our HC we will need resources to shift more towards a running team and also to fix a very suspect defense. We are going to have to commit major money to Ridley very soon and then we will be right back in the same boat we got in with Julio. Might it be best to trade while his value is at it's absolute highest? I also think Ridley is better than Diggs and would fetch even more than he did in a trade.

 

For discussion sake, lets say a team loaded with picks like the Jags come calling. They want to get Lawrence a toy to play with right out of the gate. They offer up their other first rounder (pick 25), their other 2nd rounder (pick 45) and a 2022 2nd rounder.

Do you do it?

**** no.  Ridley can be the best.  You need to see him play after Fart Cutter is gone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2021 at 7:35 PM, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Last year the Minnesota Vikings traded Diggs to the Bills for a mess of picks. They received a 1st rounder (pick 22 I believe), a 5th, 6th and a next years 4th for him. They used that pick to draft Justin Jefferson just fyi

 

 

If we sign Arthur Smith to be our HC we will need resources to shift more towards a running team and also to fix a very suspect defense. We are going to have to commit major money to Ridley very soon and then we will be right back in the same boat we got in with Julio. Might it be best to trade while his value is at it's absolute highest? I also think Ridley is better than Diggs and would fetch even more than he did in a trade.

 

For discussion sake, lets say a team loaded with picks like the Jags come calling. They want to get Lawrence a toy to play with right out of the gate. They offer up their other first rounder (pick 25), their other 2nd rounder (pick 45) and a 2022 2nd rounder.

Do you do it?

Yes. In a heart beat....and for less...Ridley is at best a #2...and in a year we are going to ahve to pay him $$$$$ to stay...he just had his best year...his value isnt any higher...get a solid 2nd roudner and a 2022 3rd rounder or a 2021 4th rounder in addition to the 2021 2nd rounder...if you can get a 1st rounder...you do it without heistation...

And unpolular as can be...you also trade Julio for anything similar...

 

My hope was RIck Smith would come in and do the following trade:

MR2, Ridley, #4, 2021 4th, and 2022 2nd for Deshaun Watson, JJ Watt, 2021 5th

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2021 at 7:35 PM, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Last year the Minnesota Vikings traded Diggs to the Bills for a mess of picks. They received a 1st rounder (pick 22 I believe), a 5th, 6th and a next years 4th for him. They used that pick to draft Justin Jefferson just fyi

 

 

If we sign Arthur Smith to be our HC we will need resources to shift more towards a running team and also to fix a very suspect defense. We are going to have to commit major money to Ridley very soon and then we will be right back in the same boat we got in with Julio. Might it be best to trade while his value is at it's absolute highest? I also think Ridley is better than Diggs and would fetch even more than he did in a trade.

 

For discussion sake, lets say a team loaded with picks like the Jags come calling. They want to get Lawrence a toy to play with right out of the gate. They offer up their other first rounder (pick 25), their other 2nd rounder (pick 45) and a 2022 2nd rounder.

Do you do it?

i would endorse the Jags trade you are suggesting, but you won't get a 1st rounder, a 2nd rounder and next year's second rounder for Calvin.  After all, Calvin was drafted 26 himself.  He was a good pick at that slot, but I don't think you get a 1, 2 and 2 for him now. 

Would I do a 22, 5th, 6th and next year's 4th?  Maybe not, but I'd have to think about it.  We are in rebuilding mode, gents...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...