Jump to content

Would you trade Calvin Ridley for a Stephon Diggs type deal?


Recommended Posts

Last year the Minnesota Vikings traded Diggs to the Bills for a mess of picks. They received a 1st rounder (pick 22 I believe), a 5th, 6th and a next years 4th for him. They used that pick to draft Justin Jefferson just fyi

 

 

If we sign Arthur Smith to be our HC we will need resources to shift more towards a running team and also to fix a very suspect defense. We are going to have to commit major money to Ridley very soon and then we will be right back in the same boat we got in with Julio. Might it be best to trade while his value is at it's absolute highest? I also think Ridley is better than Diggs and would fetch even more than he did in a trade.

 

For discussion sake, lets say a team loaded with picks like the Jags come calling. They want to get Lawrence a toy to play with right out of the gate. They offer up their other first rounder (pick 25), their other 2nd rounder (pick 45) and a 2022 2nd rounder.

Do you do it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What is this idea that every player with talent should be traded away? How are the Vikings doing?

I disagree with your opinion that Ridley is better than Diggs. Diggs is 1st team all pro. Ridley just got his first 1000 yard season. 

I’m keeping Ridley. I would trade Julio before him.

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I disagree with your opinion that Ridley is better than Diggs. Diggs is 1st team all pro. Ridley just got his first 1000 yard season. 

Ridley became a 1k yard receiver earlier in his career than Diggs did. He has also produced 26 TDs to Diggs' 15 at the same point in their careers as well. Yea, Diggs is an all pro now, but he wasn't when he was traded.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

I disagree with your opinion that Ridley is better than Diggs. Diggs is 1st team all pro. Ridley just got his first 1000 yard season. 

Diggs first 5 years he was just like Ridley the previous 2 years.

Both brokeout this year. Diggs was finally the clear #1 without Thielen as was Ridley for about half the year while Julio was out.

Give Ridley 16 games as the #1 and he would produce an even better statline

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PriMeTiiMe said:

Diggs first 5 years he was just like Ridley the previous 2 years.

Both brokeout this year. Diggs was finally the clear #1 without Thielen as was Ridley for about half the year while Julio was out.

Give Ridley 16 games as the #1 and he would produce an even better statline

Assuming he plays a full 16 games....which he has not done.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

But to answer the op question.....would not want to trade him  but for the right deal I would consider it.....but the package would have to be huge.

I would want what the vikings got plus an extra second or 3rd.

Love the kid ( except when he is running backwards) but every one has a price.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Better than they would be if  they didnt trade diggs. Whats up with falcons fans wanting to keep every single player, but then complain about being in cap ****?

Cap **** is a myth perpetrated by sportswriters and fantasy football obsessed fans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FalconFanSince1969 said:

What exactly does the cap and fantasy football have to do with one another?

Fantasy football fans don't care about teams they just look at individual players as non humans that be shifted around at no actual cost. They use made up things like cap **** as a reason to dump good players for unknowns because they don't care about building teams and winning.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Fantasy football fans don't care about teams they just look at individual players as non humans that be shifted around at no actual cost. They use made up things like cap **** as a reason to dump good players for unknowns because they don't care about building teams and winning.

Are we winning? Is sinking a ton of resources into the WR position good team building? I want to keep building the OL and keep Ryan alive for a few more years. I want to build a defense that can not give up a 30 point lead in the 4th quarter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Ridley became a 1k yard receiver earlier in his career than Diggs did. He has also produced 26 TDs to Diggs' 15 at the same point in their careers as well. Yea, Diggs is an all pro now, but he wasn't when he was traded.

 

to be fair he didn't exactly have a lot of help at qb in minn.  

bridgewater

bradford

keenum 

cousins

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...