Nathaniel Hackett, Arthur Smith or Joe Brady

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hackett He has the most experience and has worked with diverse talent and schemes in the NFL.

That's who I think. I think our offense is built for Hackett. We would probably win right away

YES! Hackett seems like a great HC who knows WCO. He was good with Bortles and amazing with Rodgers. He can def do wonders with Ryan/JJ/CR. Top choice by miles

6 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Brady comes with high risk but honestly who doesn’t if they’ve never been an NFL HC before. Columbus took a chance and see what happened? The earth’s not flat lol

lets take some ******* risk. we went safe for the last three years and got nothing to show. Hiring Dirk was the safest ******* choice we could make. **** that ****. Go big or go home baby. We got Matty Ice and JJ for at least another year. Lets ******* plunge into the deep end

3 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Apparently Watson is complaining until they interview Bienemy. 

I like Watson but he needs to Shut up and play. He’s being paid 40m per yr. Bless his little heart they didn’t ask him if they could hire Caserio. Watsons a dem QB and not a owner GM or Lebron James and certainly not  a legacy in Houston yet. As the GOAT BB would say - do your dem job.

20 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Brady comes with high risk but honestly who doesn’t if they’ve never been an NFL HC before. Columbus took a chance and see what happened? The earth’s not flat lol

I'm just saying, he is green even for OC. McVay was young but had a lot more experience as a coordinator. If he is a genius? Take a chance. McVay has shown to be a leader. But is Brady able to be both genius and leader as the HC needs to be? You can show out in college...but that isn't the same. We know this. He had a great year with LSU..just short-track record.

16 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

If you go Smith you bout gotta go Najee or another RB early in the draft

We need a RB by round 3 this year period. Or sign a low-mileage vet. Both?

That's beyond the question. It's about lining up a run scheme with our current/future shaped OL.

Najee is a luxury. We aren't tied to him with any coach.

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I'm just saying, he is green even for OC. McVay was young but had a lot more experience as a coordinator. If he is a genius? Take a chance. But is he really? You can show out in college...but that isn't the same. We know this.

I understand but I’d be terrible disappointed if he turned out to be great one. No better guarantees with A Smith or Hackett. If Brady has the leadership qualities and Blank and McVay know it I’d hire him. EBs a great leader but  not a Joe Brady in terms of the new offensive innovations that many rave about. My only question with Brady is leadership. He’s a red head and probably has that piss and vinegar temperament that HCs need to lead a group of men. IDK

34 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

If the Falcons don't go QB in the 1st in this draft, doesn't mean the new HC's wagon is hitched to Ryan long term.

Agreed. I think it would be a terrible mistake if Field or Wilson(personally think Wilson is the best in class) is there and we pass for a Parsons or Surtain but that is my personal opinion. 

5 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

We need a RB by round 3 this year period. Or sign a low-mileage vet. Both?

That's beyond the question. It's about lining up a run scheme with our current/future shaped OL.

Najee is a luxury. We aren't tied to him with any coach.

I hope so....no doubt it would help the running game

3 minutes ago, GATXBOI said:

I think the Rams beat Green Bay. So we could hire Hackett Monday.

Loser of NFC championship becomes GM.

TUFF TASK in the GB freeze but defense might determine this one.I have a sneaky feeling the Rams will win or at least cover the 7 pts

4 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

Agreed. I think it would be a terrible mistake if Field or Wilson(personally think Wilson is the best in class) is there and we pass for a Parsons or Surtain but that is my personal opinion. 

Dude if that happens I’m going to stand on a cliff. I think Wilson will be the better of the two and I’d almost bet a Bennie that he ends up going before Fields 

It's tough. I think all of them are great OCs, But the question is if they'll be great HCs and who will be able to turn the culture around here?

I'll take the gamble on Brady, in order to sustain a certain scheme for the next few years, and hope he'll surround himself with experienced coaches.

Arthur Smith is second, because I believe he had the skills to field a solid and conmpetetive team, but I'm not sure he is much more than and offensive minded DQ.

Hackett is third for me. Good experience but I see nothing special in teams of HC qualities. His sucess in GB may also - in large part been - be due to LaFleur.

I'll gamble on Brady as HC so we'll take a new direction. Go for Rick Smith as GM in order to ensure that the organization makes a turn around regarding our culture. 

I think the pairing of Brady and Smith is the best way to move on from the DQ/Dimi culture and style, which we really need.

Edited by niels petersen
Spelling
11 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

Christopher Columbus 

So we want to conduct our hiring search after the fashion of a dude who set sail hoping to get to India the long way around, and stumbled on a bunch of new dirt by accident?

Seems responsible.