Arthur Smith had 2nd interview

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I rather have Arthur Smith over Joe Brady. Too early for Brady to be a head coach. 

Was it laughable in 2016? Because he did it a lot.

What are you talking about?  Arthur Smith's offense is very similar to Shanahan's, and he sets up defenses in much the same way Kyle does.  He uses pre-snap motion to give the QB easy reads, runs majo

38 minutes ago, Thelonious Mingus said:

If we get Arthur Smith I don't want to see anyone complaining next year through the ups and downs. We will have restructure our entire offense (RB, OL, TEs, etc) to fit his style. His style is the antithesis of our offense right now. It is not a good fit with our current roster. Matty Ice running naked bootlegs off play actions like Tannehill is laughable. I definitely see us going QB in the 1st and RB in the 2nd or 3rd if we get Arthur.

What are you talking about?  Arthur Smith's offense is very similar to Shanahan's, and he sets up defenses in much the same way Kyle does.  He uses pre-snap motion to give the QB easy reads, runs majority outside zone run scheme, uses play-action bootlegs off of run looks, uses multiple TE sets, and keeps the FB in the check-down game plan.  Every play looks the same whether run or pass.  Smith's offense is much closer to the offense that Matt won an MVP running, than anything we've run in the past couple of years.

I guess some of you assume that because Henry is a HOSS, Smith must be running some archaic "3 yards and a cloud of dust" Woody Hayes scheme.

1 hour ago, JetJones11 said:

I don’t trust Arthur Smith with Justin Fields AB WTH ARE YOU DOING ?!?! I was just warming up to the fact we not getting Bienemy and Joe Brady was the guy don’t hire this boring *** coach 😩😩😩

No to Fields ...yes to Wilson. Fields way below Wilson. Not even close 

Not sure who we would see as an OC under smith, assume he might call his own plays, but I’m more interested in DC. A name I would keep an eye on is Teryl Austin former DC in Detroit now secondary coach for the Steelers who had the 3rd ranked defense this year. I’m sure some of you remember he was interviewed for the head job before Quinn was hired. Just a thought. 

15 minutes ago, GATXBOI said:

Not exactly they had to pay those guys and bring in a free agent when Lafluer got hired

Eh, they drafted Jenkins last year, but their best 3 OL were there before the regime. They've been a great pass blocking OL for a few years. The scheme has improve their run game. That's really the difference, IMO.

9 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Eh, they drafted Jenkins last year, but their best 3 OL were there before the regime. They've been a great pass blocking OL for a few years. The scheme has improve their run game. That's really the difference, IMO.

Yeah.. That's why I like Hackett is like everything that has hindered us in the past. He specializing in it.

Also what pieces do you think we need on offense? Myself LG and RB

Edited by GATXBOI
1 hour ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Just over 1k yards and 3 TDS is nowhere close to pro bowl LOLOLOL

Brady is average af too

Brady might be a good coach, certainly didn't show much in Carolina last year, but regardless dude is 31, like half the players will be older than him. Not sure that's gonna work. 

52 minutes ago, mtldirtybird said:

you know he isn't the playcaller in GB right?

He helps a lot with the calling of the redzone plays.

He helps come up with the plays and very detailed X's and O's within Lefleur's scheme.

What's this obsession with HC's who calls their own plays? A good coach can either call their own plays or pass off the playcalling responsibility to a more than capable play-caller on his staff.

As long as the HC remains (whether it's Smith or Hackett) their offensive scheme will remain intact and ran the way they want it because that's their expertise.

Not like how when Shanny left and Quinn struggled to have continuity on offense.

1 hour ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

He helps a lot with the calling of the redzone plays.

He helps come up with the plays and very detailed X's and O's within Lefleur's scheme.

What's this obsession with HC's who calls their own plays? A good coach can either call their own plays or pass off the playcalling responsibility to a more than capable play-caller on his staff.

As long as the HC remains (whether it's Smith or Hackett) their offensive scheme will remain intact and ran the way they want it because that's their expertise.

Not like how when Shanny left and Quinn struggled to have continuity on offense.

Not for nothing, LaFleur wasn't the play caller in Atlanta or LA either.  That seems to have worked out.