Jump to content

Arthur Smith had 2nd interview


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I rather have Arthur Smith over Joe Brady. Too early for Brady to be a head coach. 

Was it laughable in 2016? Because he did it a lot.

What are you talking about?  Arthur Smith's offense is very similar to Shanahan's, and he sets up defenses in much the same way Kyle does.  He uses pre-snap motion to give the QB easy reads, runs majo

The #Falcons had a second interview today with #Titans
 
NFL_2020_2021_Titans.png
OC Arthur Smith, who then flew to New York to have dinner tonight with #Jets brass, sources tell me and . Next up for Smith: The #Eagles on Thursday and #Lions on Friday. A red-hot head-coaching candidate.
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I hope Hackett gets a 2nd interview as well.

 

Was talking with a poster(sorry can't recall the poster right now) yesterday about how he has the Packers as the top redzone offense.

That can't happen till either the Packers lose or are in a week off before the SB

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

so which of the 3 GM candidates go w/ Arthur Smith?  

I have the same question.  Ordinarily you'd think "they brought him in first -- they must like him."  Obviously they like him or he wouldn't get a 2nd interview, but the truth is, Bieniemy and Hackett can't be interviewed right now. So we could still be waiting for our guy and just doing due diligence.

The only good news for me is we brought Smith in and nobody has mentioned Joe Brady getting a 2nd interview.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ROMERO said:

I rather have Arthur Smith over Joe Brady. Too early for Brady to be a head coach. 

I agree.   Brady may be the better OC but there is very little chance he is ready to be a HC.   Of course I am sure many probably said the same about McVay but still think he was more seasoned 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I have the same question.  Ordinarily you'd think "they brought him in first -- they must like him."  Obviously they like him or he wouldn't get a 2nd interview, but the truth is, Bieniemy and Hackett can't be interviewed right now. So we could still be waiting for our guy and just doing due diligence.

The only good news for me is we brought Smith in and nobody has mentioned Joe Brady getting a 2nd interview.  

Both Holmes and Fontenot fit the bill and link to the top three coaching candidates

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just posted a thread on Pederson and how we ought to interview him, but I have to say, if they want Smith, they need to extend an offer.  This is the part of the negotiation where you let him know he's your guy, have the owner call him, have Matt Ryan and Julio Jones call him, have McKay call him.  All to say "we just wanted you to know we are interested in extending you an offer and want you to be the next head coach of the Atlanta Falcons."

Because if other teams want him too, they are doing those things, and someone isn't going to let him exit the building.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

so if this string of tweets and reports are to be believed and Arthur Smith/Brad Holmes are a matched set - we could hire Smith now since Titans out of playoffs but would have to wait on Holmes since Rams still in.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

so if this string of tweets and reports are to be believed and Arthur Smith/Brad Holmes are a matched set - we could hire Smith now since Titans out of playoffs but would have to wait on Holmes since Rams still in.

 

That would be a near dream scenario for me.  Both seem to fit what we need.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My final choice Holmes and Hackett. Pure WCO connection. Holmes is a monster in the mid rounds of draft and keying in on free agents. Without a QB like Brees still drawing in free agents that's what I like about homes.

Fontenot knows how to built a right now contender with a quality QB in place.

**** both are awesome choices. My choice is Holmes because he worked the draft without a 1st since Goff. 

As for my choice of Hackett or Brady because there offense is unknown. Smith offense will be prepared for now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GATXBOI said:

My final choice Holmes and Hackett. Pure WCO connection. Holmes is a monster in the mid rounds of draft and keying in on free agents. Without a QB like Brees still drawing in free agents that's what I like about homes.

Fontenot knows how to built a right now contender with a quality QB in place.

**** both are awesome choices. My choice is Holmes because he worked the draft without a 1st since Goff. 

As for my choice of Hackett or Brady because there offense is unknown. Smith offense will be prepared for now.

I wouldn't be mad with either Holmes or Fontenot honestly.  I still prefer Smith, but Holmes-Hackett would be a solid team too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...