I guess the Falcons aren't interested in Brian Daboll or Greg Roman.

33 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I was wondering. It's not like hes all world or anything. 

I have to assume there's something that he's saying/doing around the league and in these interviews, because he really seems to be impressing everybody.

At this point I'd be surprised if he doesn't get a HC job somewhere this offseason

45 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Why do people want Brady? Youth?

Gotta be.

I mean the idea of having a young HC who can be with you for 2 decades is appealing ....but with that comes young coaches issues.

Maybe he has a good plan in place like he has a respected DC that he plans on bringing in ...or he has a veteran staff that be plans on bringing......it has to be something like that.

9 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Has to be

If we get him, I'll just have to hope he's the next McVay. Honestly, with any of these, I'm kinda of lukewarm. What we really need to know about whether they be a good choice or not, isn't something you can tell from watching TV at home. 

I'll take the wait and see approach on whoever we pick; try and give them at least the benefit of the doubt, see if they can impress me or not

3 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Good.

I love a guy who tells it like it is...lol

“Several Browns recalled a meeting early in the 2010 season in which Daboll told McCoy, “I just watched [tape of] your last college game, and you were terrible. What the **** were you throwing out there? That was one of the worst games I’ve ever seen. Why the [expletive] did we draft you?”

3 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I love a guy who tells it like it is...lol

“Several Browns recalled a meeting early in the 2010 season in which Daboll told McCoy, “I just watched [tape of] your last college game, and you were terrible. What the **** were you throwing out there? That was one of the worst games I’ve ever seen. Why the [expletive] did we draft you?”

Probably why he has been fired multiple times as an OC then.

And the fact that his offenses have been subpar until this year.

11 minutes ago, hjerry said:

If we get him, I'll just have to hope he's the next McVay. Honestly, with any of these, I'm kinda of lukewarm. What we really need to know about whether they be a good choice or not, isn't something you can tell from watching TV at home. 

I'll take the wait and see approach on whoever we pick; try and give them at least the benefit of the doubt, see if they can impress me or not

That's why I hate the copy cat mentality 

17 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Probably why he has been fired multiple times as an OC then.

And the fact that his offenses have been subpar until this year.

I’m not sure why people can’t understand this: unless you have a top 20 QB on the roster, you can’t win on a regular basis.  No coach can.  Not Belichick, not Shannahan and certainly not Daboll.  So judging a coach from the years he had no QB is pointless

13 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

That's why I hate the copy cat mentality 

This.  I like guys who use stuff that works, but not all of those are created equal.  Take the WCO/ZBS.  I love the system, but it has its flaws.  Guys who go too light on the o-line struggle to pass protect.  Guys who have QBs that aren't precise in their footwork and reads struggle in that system (see Matt Ryan 2015).  Guys who don't know how to use motion and formation to keep other teams off balance with their play calling (which is an art, not a science) struggle.  

Dirk Koetter was handed a WCO/ZBS playbook.  He had no idea what to do with it.  The system he prefers to run made Peyton Manning a top 5 all time NFL QB, Troy Aikman a 3-time winner and Hall of Famer, and won Kurt Warner a Super Bowl.  It's part scheme.  But it's more who is running the scheme.  I want a guy who uses a scheme that works and is still creative and innovative with it.  Like Shanny running TE deep crossers out of 13 personnel.