27 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

OFFSEASON TIMELINE - You are here

>Falcons drag their feet and miss out on their preferred choices, panic, and hire a tired retread<

Why do you think they are dragging their feet?  The is the best approach this FO has taken for hiring in quite a while imo

You get into trouble locking in on your guy and lunging after him, like Dan Quinn.  I appreciate the approach this year.

18 minutes ago, athell said:

Why do you think they are dragging their feet?  The is the best approach this FO has taken for hiring in quite a while imo

You get into trouble locking in on your guy and lunging after him, like Dan Quinn.  I appreciate the approach this year.

You also get into trouble not pulling the trigger and end up with Dirk Koetter....

...... but really it was just a joke based on our franchise history of "can't win for losing".

I don't know these guys at all.  It is said that Holmes lives in Atlanta, has the most experience with college evaluations and was instrumental in the resurgence of the Rams.  

He sounds like a good candidate. 

Fontenot is supposed to be a smart guy that helped the Saints build a strong roster, but his expertise is supposed to be in pro evaluations (free agency).  

I honestly don't know who would work out best.  

1 minute ago, etherdome said:

I don't know these guys at all.  It is said that Holmes lives in Atlanta, has the most experience with college evaluations and was instrumental in the resurgence of the Rams.  

He sounds like a good candidate. 

Fontenot is supposed to be a smart guy that helped the Saints build a strong roster, but his expertise is supposed to be in pro evaluations (free agency).  

I honestly don't know who would work out best.  

No one does really. It is all a crapshoot to some degree until you just hit on the guy that mixes well with all of the other elements of your franchise and ends up as the perfect cocktail. 

18 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

You also get into trouble not pulling the trigger and end up with Dirk Koetter....

...... but really it was just a joke based on our franchise history of "can't win for losing".

you cant sign him anyway the rams are still in the playoff as is the saints so both GMs they want cant be hired