This is only interesting to me in that Whitt chose sticking with Quinn over sticking with Morris...who is likely to have a job somewhere. I look at it as another ? on the Morris HC/DC resume. I do wonder if Quinn reached out to Morris before hiring Whitt? My guess is he would prefer Morris, but Raheem is not likely looking to make anything worse than a lateral move atm. 

9 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Joe Whitt is really good

He is, and did an underratedly good job last year. Falcons young corners steadily improved as season wore on. And that with mediocrity talent-wise at FS and a liability in coverage at SS.

He’s smart to take the cowboys job, but wish we could have found a way to keep him (and Ulbrich). 

22 minutes ago, falcndave said:

This is only interesting to me in that Whitt chose sticking with Quinn over sticking with Morris...who is likely to have a job somewhere. I look at it as another ? on the Morris HC/DC resume. I do wonder if Quinn reached out to Morris before hiring Whitt? My guess is he would prefer Morris, but Raheem is not likely looking to make anything worse than a lateral move atm. 

This was actually the first thing that came to my mind as well. I'm sure we'll hear more inside stories as the year goes on about what actually happened inside Flowery Branch and who is loyal to who.  More curious what happens to Morris/Ulbrich. I thought Morris would easily get the DC job in Las Vegas but they went a different direction.

40 minutes ago, Vandy said:

He is, and did an underratedly good job last year. Falcons young corners steadily improved as season wore on. And that with mediocrity talent-wise at FS and a liability in coverage at SS.

He’s smart to take the cowboys job, but wish we could have found a way to keep him (and Ulbrich). 

Indeed.

The job that the corners did vs KC was very impressive.

They are known for their speed and our corners and secondary as a whole did a great job of passing everything off and keeping up with that track team better than anyone has really for the last couple of years.

2 hours ago, Killing Floor said:

5 rings.  So what if the Cowboys have an off season.

Every seat will be sold and every game will be aired and every kid in every high school dreams of playing in the "Jones Mahal".    

It's been like 30 years. This is like the myth that everyone in the NBA wants to play in NY.

5 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

It's been like 30 years. This is like the myth that everyone in the NBA wants to play in NY.

It’s been a very long time for them. You’re right.  But a long time means a lot more than never. 
So when you’re stuck in traffic in Atlanta count silver stars on cars.  Or cruise your own neighborhood and count Atlanta United flags. Nobody in Atlanta even cares about soccer. But everyone loves a champion. 

My point is Dallas is a dream job even if the team had a tough year.  I’ll say right now the Cowboys will make playoffs in 2021.  They have a good roster with some tough injuries and their backup with a depleted offense won 4 games after Dak.  Who wouldn’t want to coach there?  What free agent wouldn’t want to play there?