• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They run the risk of losing any credibility they have built up by posting fantasy land BS like this

Definitely Sewell if it played out like this.

The biggest problem about this is it encourages bad decisions.  The thinking is you "have to" get your QB this season because next season the QB class is "bad."  There are multiple ways to get QBs.  T

4 hours ago, Dr Long Shot said:

This is the site that subjectively gives a player a grade and people call it "analytics".

The grades themselves aren’t analytics.  Almost everything else they provide are, though.  The grades are still closer to reality than most fans perceptions, but it’s still just one point to look at.  Nothing will ever replace tape.

2 hours ago, Dirtybird56 said:

Zach Wilson probly gets taken 3rd right before us and goes on to be a HOFer

I say this only because we are the Falcons, and a FG bouncing off the uprights (and still going in) is what solidified us being 4 instead of potentially 3. And since we are the Falcons, we must pay for this unlucky event in the maximum way possible 

If that happens, id probably stop watching football due to being too mad at what couldve have been.

2 hours ago, JDaveG said:

Yeah, I think if we take Sewell Matthews is gone.  A post June 1 cut frees up $13 million in cap space over $7 million-ish in dead money.  Pre June 1 is still over a million in cap savings over $18 million in dead money.  The numbers appear to be the same for a trade.  I imagine they'd do the second of those and free up a bunch of space.

If we are going to keep Ryan, I don't see a point in moving on from Matthews who is arguably our best linemen on the roster.  Last season he was in a scheme that notoriously hangs tackles out to dry.  Knowing that he still managed this amongst Left Tackles.

Pass Block Snaps: 1st
Sack Rate: 9th
Pressure Rate: 9th
Penalty Rate (includes Run Snaps): 5th

I really don't get the hate on Matthews, so many people think it will be cake to replace him.  Another example of the grass is greener mentality here.

23 minutes ago, Rings said:

If we are going to keep Ryan, I don't see a point in moving on from Matthews who is arguably our best linemen on the roster.  Last season he was in a scheme that notoriously hangs tackles out to dry.  Knowing that he still managed this amongst Left Tackles.

Pass Block Snaps: 1st
Sack Rate: 9th
Pressure Rate: 9th
Penalty Rate (includes Run Snaps): 5th

I really don't get the hate on Matthews, so many people think it will be cake to replace him.  Another example of the grass is greener mentality here.

I don't either.  I just don't know where he fits in if we draft Sewell, especially with his cap hit.

1 hour ago, Rings said:

100% this is the case.  Chase was dominant last year, people forget that because Smith went off within the last few days.

Yeah, Chase had 1,780 yards and 20 TD’s on 84 receptions.  That’s absurd

Smith was also dominant, with 1,860 yards on 117 catches with 23 TD’s

Chase averaged a other-worldly 21.5 ypc in 2019.  To put that into perspective, Smith was able to average over 20 ypc in just two games this year

31 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I don't either.  I just don't know where he fits in if we draft Sewell, especially with his cap hit.

If we go the OL route, Slater makes the most sense since he is projected to be a Pro Bowl quality player at all positions on the OL.  His tape against Chase Young was the best you’ll see.  Small rumblings have started coming out that Slater may be he best OL prospect this cycle

Matthews-Slater-Henny-Lindstrom-Kaleb would have incredible versatility & porential

8 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

If we go the OL route, Slater makes the most sense since he is projected to be a Pro Bowl quality player at all positions on the OL.  His tape against Chase Young was the best you’ll see.  Small rumblings have started coming out that Slater may be he best OL prospect this cycle

Matthews-Slater-Henny-Lindstrom-Kaleb would have incredible versatility & porential

This.

Best case scenario is the Dolphins taking one of those WR's at 3, somebody in the top 10 wanting to move up for a QB and us moving down and snatching this guy. Him being able to fill any spot on the line at a high level is invaluable.

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

This.

Best case scenario is the Dolphins taking one of those WR's at 3, somebody in the top 10 wanting to move up for a QB and us moving down and snatching this guy. Him being able to fill any spot on the line at a high level is invaluable.

Yes. If he can start at LG and slide out to tackle in a year or two that would be the best for now and for the future.

Why does every mock have other teams so aggressive but us so passive ? 49ers can trade up from 12 to 3 but we can’t trade from 4 to 2 to get Fields ??? If AB screws this up this franchise will get left in the dust trying to retain MR2 for so long and yes the 2022 QB class sucks ... Spencer Rattler Brock Purdy Sam Howell Jt Daniels none of them are Fields !!! We’d have to wait till 2023 for DJ U from Clemson or Bryce Young from Alabama but then we’ll be looking at competing in 2026 rather than drafting Fields this year and being competitive in 2023

18 hours ago, JDaveG said:

The biggest problem about this is it encourages bad decisions.  The thinking is you "have to" get your QB this season because next season the QB class is "bad."  There are multiple ways to get QBs.  There are always FAs.  There is always another draft.  You can get a later QB in this draft and groom him.  

But teams want to reach for perceived need instead of drafting talent.

That's not to mention the later QBs could end up being better in this draft, and the early ones better in 2022.  Nobody really knows until they suit up and play.

This^^

Q: How many of the starting QBs in the league right now were taken in the Top 4 of the 1st round?

A: 12 out of 32. And that's including a handful of guys who may not be starters next year: Darnold, Newton, Smith, Trubisky, and Wentz.

Just because drafting extremely high has produced our last two franchise QBs in Vick and Ryan doesn't mean that's the only way the Falcons can obtain a starting QB in the near future.

On 1/13/2021 at 9:22 AM, JDaveG said:

The biggest problem about this is it encourages bad decisions.  The thinking is you "have to" get your QB this season because next season the QB class is "bad."  There are multiple ways to get QBs.  There are always FAs.  There is always another draft.  You can get a later QB in this draft and groom him.  

But teams want to reach for perceived need instead of drafting talent.

That's not to mention the later QBs could end up being better in this draft, and the early ones better in 2022.  Nobody really knows until they suit up and play.

Agreed, I think this kind of pigeon holed ideology is very flawed. Not sure why anyone would say, “Next class sucks at X position, so settle for someone now instead.” 

You would think after years of being in the business, they would drop this. My preseason rankings are almost never the same as my final ones. People grow and develop over the course of the year, and new players emerge all the time. Take Burrow for example. 

8 minutes ago, A-TowN.- said:

Agreed, I think this kind of pigeon holed ideology is very flawed. Not sure why anyone would say, “Next class sucks at X position, so settle for someone now instead.” 

You would think after years of being in the business, they would drop this. My preseason rankings are almost never the same as my final ones. People grow and develop over the course of the year, and new players emerge all the time. Take Burrow for example. 

Exactly.  A year ago Zach Wilson, Mac Jones & Kyle Trask were all relative unknowns.  Quarterbacks will pop up out of nowhere next year to make it a solid QB class