FwmH6e2V_x96.jpg

Spoke to NFL insider who's convinced Rams' Brad Holmes is finalist for Falcons' GM job with Saints' Terry Fontenot. Holmes' strength: evaluating college talent, setting draft board. Fontenot's background on pro side. Falcons undecided. Trying to pair GMs/coaches
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Blank needs to go with a TATF contingent. Me at GM. @g-dawg as Director of Player Personnel and master Mocker Focker.@PeytonMannings Forehead as HC. @Knight of God at DC. @vel as OC. We’d immediately

Posted Images

Holmes might be it, given our biggest roster shaping will come in the form of the draft next couple years.

Is Terry enough of a factor in Saints college side or on draft day to make up for that strength of Holmes?

I feel like McKay could guide Holmes early on as first time GM, but Terry obviously seems to have edge there on Holmes.

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Holmes might be it, given our biggest roster shaping will come in the form of the draft next couple years.

Is Terry enough of a factor in Saints college side or on draft day to make up for that strength of Holmes?

I feel like McKay could guide Holmes early on as first time GM, but Terry obviously seems to have edge there on Holmes.

I believe they both work on both sides of scouting pro and college. Either will work for Atlanta. Either could also bring in Hackett or Brady. So basically a win win for us.

6 minutes ago, GATXBOI said:

I believe they both work on both sides of scouting pro and college. Either will work for Atlanta. Either could also bring in Hackett or Brady. So basically a win win for us.

I guess the key is the rest of the staffs they could build and how they are at the job...it does seem like either would work with those coaches. I think the coach and their staff may be more important; clarity and vision helps draft/FA fits easier to nail. Not everyone is a hero stud pick. It’s more about the chess game than just talent in the NFL but he also has to be a leader without guys checking out from too passive or too hard.

Edited by Ergo Proxy
1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I guess the key is the rest of the staffs they could build and how they are at the job...it does seem like either would work with those coaches. I think the coach may be more important.

Yes like A DC. Let's take the positive approach and make some one like Mike Vick an OC. Roddy as WR coach. Start grooming our past stars to future coaches like other staffs

Whoever hires Joe Brady that’s all i want i wanted him early before i thought there was a real possibility we could get Bienemy but Brady is the guy young smart knows offense and defense he’s a fast riser for a reason and it will bring excitement to the city let’s gooooo

42 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Blank needs to go with a TATF contingent. Me at GM. @g-dawg as Director of Player Personnel and master Mocker Focker.@PeytonMannings Forehead as HC. @Knight of God at DC. @vel as OC. We’d immediately start beatin as. Trust me.

I wanna be in charge of the cheerleaders, and hold the money bag that pays for gas for trips to the state line....

:ninja::lol:

Sign me up for Holmes. He has been at the top of my list since the beginning (only behind Dodds). Prefer a GM with more of a background in college scouting. 

A few other things AB is probably considering. He wants this hire to be a hit within the community, something he mentioned in his press conference. Holmes already lives in Atlanta and understands our cities dynamic. Also, While AB would never mention this publicly, I highly doubt he wants to see two 3rds go to NO if we hire Font. These two things might be the kicker for Holmes if they are equal on paper. 

However, I have not seen any coaching connections with Holmes. I assume Staley would be one.