Ranking the Top 5 Coaching Candidates (The Athletic)

1 hour ago, Cameron00c said:

5. Raheem Morris - Same as above on the O>D. Also, You dont fire the HC and GM and promote from within. You need Culture Change. Someone from the outside to change the culture in the franchise.

The more I think about our situation the more I think Raheem is the man. The only candidate on the entire list with National Football League HC experience (59 games).

We don't need to train any HCs right now. Tried that with Mora, Quitrino, Smitty and Quinn. Only one of em is still in the league and he's a DC in DAL now.

I'd give buddy a three year deal with an out clause. Let him take us through the end of the Ryan/Julio era which could be next year. Go from there. Knows both sides of the ball. Players like him and play hard for him.

Keep Ulbrich at DC. Together they turned the defense around with a bunch of Dimi defenders. Just replace Kutty with a real OC that can get us back on track. Name that guy AHC in case Heem fails and promote him if he does.

4 hours ago, XXVIII-III said:

Serious question: What is Arthur Smith without D. Henry?

Serious question: what was Tennessee offence before Smith?

He improved production from both the Run game and pass game and saw both Henry and Tannehill see records levels for themselves. Tennessee is pretty similar to the falcs on personnel - excluding Henry naturally - but a high production RB in a good scheme isn’t an impossible find for a good schemes Offence

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

The more I think about our situation the more I think Raheem is the man. The only candidate on the entire list with National Football League HC experience (59 games).

We don't need to train any HCs right now. Tried that with Mora, Quitrino, Smitty and Quinn. Only one of em is still in the league and he's a DC in DAL now.

I'd give buddy a three year deal with an out clause. Let him take us through the end of the Ryan/Julio era which could be next year. Go from there. Knows both sides of the ball. Players like him and play hard for him.

Keep Ulbrich at DC. Together they turned the defense around with a bunch of Dimi defenders. Just replace Kutty with a real OC that can get us back on track. Name that guy AHC in case Heem fails and promote him if he does.

As armchair evaluators it would be so much easier if we knew who each HC planned to bring with them as staff 

16 hours ago, JDaveG said:

Of those, I'd rank them thusly:

1.  Smith

2.  Bieniemy

3.  Selah

4.  Morris

5.  Brady

Brady honestly just scares the crap out of me.  It could be 5 years of futility easy.  And I'm not sure his upside is Shanahan or Sean Payton or Sean McVay.  If I thought it was I might be more willing to take the risk, but all of them were solid NFL coordinators before they got the HC gig.

Im the same with this list. I want Smith as my top guy. EB would be good but Id also think Hackett could be a strong fit here.

Although I would put Brady at position 10. No way I am touching that high risk, low experience coach. Not in a million years.

13 hours ago, XXVIII-III said:

Serious question: What is Arthur Smith without D. Henry?

Serious answer. Smith made Henry. that is NOT HYPERBOLE. Do people not remember that the TItans shopped Henry for trade in 2018?  Henry was considered a bust as a top 2nd round pick and lost snaps to Dion Lewis. This is fact.

People act like Henry is and was always a king. He wasnt. Until Smiths offense, he was not going to make it in the NFL.

The truth is out there, just go look.