Who do you predict will be the Falcons new GM and head coach?

I'm to the point of this movie where the drama is too much.  I just want to fast forward to the end to see if I find it satisfying or not.

Having said that, my best guess:

Rick Smith - GM

Arthur Smith - HC

Absolutely no idea whatsoever on OC/DC, other than I wouldn't mind seeing Ulbrich get a shot.

3 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I'm to the point of this movie where the drama is too much.  I just want to fast forward to the end to see if I find it satisfying or not.

Having said that, my best guess:

Rick Smith - GM

Arthur Smith - HC

Absolutely no idea whatsoever on OC/DC, other than I wouldn't mind seeing Ulbrich get a shot.

Agreed. I would really like to see Ulbrich get another shot. Him taking over the defense fully saw major improvements. I think with a few tweaks and a couple solid players in the trenches and secondary and we have a good foundation. 

1 minute ago, booty-mane said:

Either Fontenot/Brady or Holmes/Hackett. Fontenot/Brady becayse of their Saints connection. Holmes/Hackett because of their WCO roots. Hackett/Holmes understand the McVay/Shanahan/LaFleur offense/philosophy. I see more of a connection there. As for the coaching stuff, no clue. Too many possibilities here

**** good point with Holmes and Hackett brother nice link.

For what it's worth, I snooped over at Saints Report at lunch, and their take is Fontenot would be a good GM (but they say Ireland is the real brains behind the operation), but Brady would be a terrible HC.

They vacillate between Fontenot being a really solid guy and thinking he'd make the most boneheaded move ever (per them) in hiring Brady.

So all in all, not much to see there.  Fanboys being fanboys.

9 minutes ago, GATXBOI said:

I think it will Fontenot once Saints end playoffs and Brady as HC since GB and Chiefs will possibly still be in it.

is there some reason the Falcons couldn't go ahead and hire Fontenot now?   it's not like he is a coach or they are going to make some free agent pick-ups for the SuperBowl (God Forbid) or something.

3 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

is there some reason the Falcons couldn't go ahead and hire Fontenot now?   it's not like he is a coach or they are going to make some free agent pick-ups for the SuperBowl (God Forbid) or something.

I was actually about to ask this same question. The only thing I can think of (if it isn't against any rules) is PR related in that with the Saints still in the playoffs, they wouldn't want to announce it yet. :shrug:

10 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I honestly think the Saints and GB will be in the championship game.  If we can't hire Fontenot until after that game is over, and we have eyes on Hackett, it's going to be a long road.

I hope the Falcons don't get impatient and make a bad decision like they did with Kubiak and Koetter.

16 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

For what it's worth, I snooped over at Saints Report at lunch, and their take is Fontenot would be a good GM (but they say Ireland is the real brains behind the operation), but Brady would be a terrible HC.

They vacillate between Fontenot being a really solid guy and thinking he'd make the most boneheaded move ever (per them) in hiring Brady.

So all in all, not much to see there.  Fanboys being fanboys.

Ewww...you need to go 14-day quarantine yourself now and drink a gallon of Lysol.

Edited by Hard2BaBirdWachr

I've been back and forth on a bunch of different combinations but I think I'm pretty settled on Holmes/Hackett for GM/HC.  I've cooled on EB as coach with what seems like a lot of mixed messages about he and his intent.  Not a fan of Arthur Smith or Joe Brady as HC.  Rick Smith seems to be good with early and late/undrafted guys but doesn't seem to hit much better than TD in between.  I wouldn't mind Fontenot as GM either but do worry about him mostly being on the pro side and not the draft side of things. 

16 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

11 minutes ago, Goober Pyle said:

I was actually about to ask this same question. The only thing I can think of (if it isn't against any rules) is PR related in that with the Saints still in the playoffs, they wouldn't want to announce it yet. :shrug:

It looks like the rules for GM are the same as for a HC:

By league rule, all interviews have been conducted virtually so far. That changes Monday, when any head coach or GM candidate whose team is out of the playoffs or is not currently employed by an NFL team is permitted to interview in-person, subject to new COVID-19 rules on masks, social distancing, etc. Head coach and GM candidates whose teams are still playing are subject to the usual restrictions regarding timing for first interviews.

https://www.nfl.com/news/a-look-at-all-ongoing-head-coach-and-gm-searches

19 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I honestly think the Saints and GB will be in the championship game.  If we can't hire Fontenot until after that game is over, and we have eyes on Hackett, it's going to be a long road.

Sure will but I'm cool with but I rather try to cripple our division rivals taking away Fontenot and Brady but I won't sleep on Fontenot and Hackett or Holmes and Hackett. 

22 minutes ago, GATXBOI said:

**** good point with Holmes and Hackett brother nice link.

this is a really good read: https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/10/01/blake-bortles-nathaniel-hackett-jacksonville-jaguars-offensive-system 

What he did with Bortles is short of a miracle. But it goes to show that even with a ****ty QB, he can ace. But with a star QB, he's unstoppable. I think he can do wonders with Ryan/Ridley/Julio.

I think Hackett plays a big part in Packer's game design and execution. I really hope its Holmes/Hackett. We will then have a GM/HC that have a similar offensive vision/philosophy who can be complementary to each other. 

19 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Same rules apply can't hire anyone til season over