• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You people gotta get over the whole Saint connection.  Honestly.  Are you 12?

Td was a first time gm, les snead was a first time gm, ect ect. Stop overthinking it. Its building a football team, not nuclear warheads.

Devonta Freeman got signed by the Bills today... thats pretty cool.

4 minutes ago, Jemorris21 said:

Unfortunately if we sign Fontenot as a GM the saints get a total of four comp. 3rd round picks... 2 this year and 2 next year... Thanks to the new addition to the rooney rule in November.

I was kidding. And I don't care about that. Our fan base is making way too big a deal of the Saints getting comp picks. It doesn't matter.

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Not bagging on the OP but it might be time to purge the fanbase. I think some of it might occur naturally after the HC and GM hires. Definitely after the draft if we don't take one of the QBs. But I'm talkin about a full on proactive State Line type of purge. This place is getting bad. 

It's kind of a miracle the Falcons have any fans left at all with all the legendary choke jobs. I just figured I've suffered this long, what's 1 or 2 more punches to the kidney gonna matter?

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Not bagging on the OP but it might be time to purge the fanbase. I think some of it might occur naturally after the HC and GM hires. Definitely after the draft if we don't take one of the QBs. But I'm talkin about a full on proactive State Line type of purge. This place is getting bad. 

lol. Why would you say that? I think this is a pretty good discussion.

57 minutes ago, ATLSAGE said:

I remember when Rick Smith picked Mario Williams over Reggie Bush and everyone thought the Texans were crazy. In hindsight, Mario ended up having a better overall career and longer impact.

most people would disagree with that...

1 minute ago, Jemorris21 said:

I can't remember where the article is that said they would get a total of 4. This article just says PICKS. But yes.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/6234064002

We debunked this yesterday.  2 picks.  1x3rd this year, 1x3rd next.  Not 4.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-proposal-would-reward-teams-with-multiple-draft-picks-for-developing-minority-coaches-and-general-managers/

Under the proposal, which was created by the NFL's workplace diversity committee, any team losing a minority to another team to fill one of those two positions would be rewarded with two compensatory draft picks. The two picks would come in consecutive years and would both be third-round picks. 

1 minute ago, Gee-Q said:

most people would disagree with that...

Reggie Bush was an above average pro RB at best. Sean Payton maximized him. Mario Williams went to 4 Pro Bowls and was an All-Pro.

Edited by ATLSAGE
1 minute ago, athell said:

The verbiage is confusing as **** granted lol so it's all good.  They could have done a better job of explaining it for sure.  I linked an article in that post that lays it out the best I have seen so far if you are interested.

No problem man. The wording definitely got me confused a bit. There was another one on ESPN or the falcoholic, I can't remember, that also made it seem like 4. But I'll check out that article of yours.

1 hour ago, athell said:

This is the thing, and has been mentioned, it's all out there.  I would highly recommend you start doing more in depth searching because I think the more you discover, the more you will like him as a candidate.

Take this for example, around the minute mark he makes a comment about "you're a pro guy but of course you look a lot at college players", some would not catch that or dismiss it outright, but the more you hear this man talk the more you understand how much his hands are on what they built.  This is just one of many videos, articles, blurbs about the man. 

Its the GMs staff that really makes the difference. The GM strengths need to include evaluating, hiring, organizing and directing.  The top personal at the bottom are key to the GMs success, other wise the GM is evaluating using fooball media and mock drafts

21 minutes ago, ATLSAGE said:

lol. Why would you say that? I think this is a pretty good discussion.

Again bro not coming down on you, just the general fanbase. I think it's time to purge. Tankers, Diversity Adversaries, Draft Boys, Haters, Huggers, you name it. Let's just break the whole base down and rebuild. Maybe even find some fans that'll show up up for games on time when we reopen the Benz. We can rebuild with a major acquisition. There were thousands that signed up when we acquired guys like Bart, Deion, Vick, Ryan, Julio, etc.

29 minutes ago, athell said:

The verbiage is confusing as **** granted lol so it's all good.  They could have done a better job of explaining it for sure.  I linked an article in that post that lays it out the best I have seen so far if you are interested.

There are other reports to the contrary. Please don't ask me for a link. If you need one get to work. If you insist and want one from me here are four:

homemade breakfast sausages recipe links patties sage herbs spices gourmet best casings natural

8 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

There are other reports to the contrary. Please don't ask me for a link. If you need one get to work. If you insist and want one from me here are four:

homemade breakfast sausages recipe links patties sage herbs spices gourmet best casings natural

Nah you are just a confused old yokel who doesn't know what he's talking about as usual.  Maybe come up with a witty name for yourself and your lack of reading comprehension?

It's 2 picks.  Not 4.  Now enjoy your sausage party!

1 hour ago, athell said:

This is the thing, and has been mentioned, it's all out there.  I would highly recommend you start doing more in depth searching because I think the more you discover, the more you will like him as a candidate.

Take this for example, around the minute mark he makes a comment about "you're a pro guy but of course you look a lot at college players", some would not catch that or dismiss it outright, but the more you hear this man talk the more you understand how much his hands are on what they built.  This is just one of many videos, articles, blurbs about the man. 

He was also sitting at the scouting combine with their GM in 2015. I'm sure he's picked up a thing or two about scouting college players.

And who knows if that will be his primary role. If we get Brady, I'm sure it will be at the top of his list. If it's someone like EB, or Hackett and a strong DC, I bet they get aot of input as to who is selected based on scout recommendations. 

Although I do like Smith also, he wasn't all that in Houston. 

3 hours ago, ATLSAGE said:

My biggest knock is that he doesn't have a college scouting background. Hopefully, he has a network of scouts he trusts and maybe they leave NOLA for ATL but I'm still not finding any proof based on basic google research. Rick Smith checks a lot of those boxes for me.

Bill Belichick was a DC before becoming the GOAT. Isn’t that the case for most jobs? Unless inherited most ppl start from the bottom and RISE UP. I get your point though 

50 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Again bro not coming down on you, just the general fanbase. I think it's time to purge. Tankers, Diversity Adversaries, Draft Boys, Haters, Huggers, you name it. Let's just break the whole base down and rebuild. Maybe even find some fans that'll show up up for games on time when we reopen the Benz. We can rebuild with a major acquisition. There were thousands that signed up when we acquired guys like Bart, Deion, Vick, Ryan, Julio, etc.

Gotcha. Yeah, I feel like the Falcons brand has been stale for a while. If we can build a new defined culture/identity, the people will come out and support. I still can't believe we haven't played a playoff game in the Benz yet. I'm still gonna support regardless.