Am I the only one that wouldn't be upset if we drafted Harris at 4?  I don't think we've had a back that genuinely strikes fear in other teams, physically or mentally, since Turner's heyday.  That would certainly help make our offense better (and Matt Ryan's job easier), and Harris looks special to me.  I'm also fine with drafting our next QB at 4, if the new staff thinks he's there.  If we pass on Harris at 4, which RBs might be available with our next pick?  If we pass on QB at 4, what QBs might be available at our next pick?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm pretty sure most people would be pissed if we drafted Harris at 4. It would be a colossal waste of that draft position. If he is your guy, you find a way to trade down, gather more picks, and then

that would be THE WORST move possible.  RBs have the shortest shelf life of any position player in all of sport.   When drafting in the top 10, you want a player that you feel good about giving a 2nd

I've never understood this train of thought. If a player is "your guy" that means you believe in the potential for him to benefit your team for years to come. If that's the case, it's almost a CERTAIN

Just now, chronob said:

Am I the only one that wouldn't be upset if we drafted Harris at 4?  I don't think we've had a back that genuinely strikes fear in other teams, physically or mentally, since Turner's heyday.  That would certainly help make our offense better (and Matt Ryan's job easier), and Harris looks special to me.  I'm also fine with drafting our next QB at 4, if the new staff thinks he's there.  If we pass on Harris at 4, which RBs might be available with our next pick?  If we pass on QB at 4, what QBs might be available at our next pick?

I would probably be upset. Harris is the guy I want. I'll be up front about that. I'm tired of chasing potential value at the RB position in the draft. That said, I think 4 is too high. If we take him there, my assessment would be that we struck out on an opportunity to trade down, acquire more picks, and still get him. 

So, I would be ecstatic if we drafted him in the first round. I'd feel like we missed an opportunity if we take him at 4. 

3 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I'm pretty sure most people would be pissed if we drafted Harris at 4. It would be a colossal waste of that draft position. If he is your guy, you find a way to trade down, gather more picks, and then take him.

There is similar talent a round later.  Guys like Javonte Williams or Chubba Hubbard could easily have better NFL careers

Great. Maybe he can run around the 800 pound gorilla in the room that is our absolutely terrible defense. 

smh. 

You guys need to concentrate on defensive prospects, because even a blind man can see that’s our only need this offseason.

5 minutes ago, spiker said:

Yes and **** YES...I don't need the media telling us who is good.Dreaming for tradedowns is ok but rarely happen.

There are around 3 or 4 1st round trades every year.  And our 4th pick will be the most prized trade up spot for a QB needy team.  If we decide to, we can ease down this year with more than one team

13 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

There are around 3 or 4 1st round trades every year.  And our 4th pick will be the most prized trade up spot for a QB needy team.  If we decide to, we can ease down this year with more than one team

Would be great to trade back twice, possibly still getting Harris or Jones or whoever we are targeting,  and land 2 extra first round picks in 2022.

Hopefully the board falls right and we have trade partners,  but 4th is a great spot for a trade back.

1 hour ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I'm pretty sure most people would be pissed if we drafted Harris at 4. It would be a colossal waste of that draft position. If he is your guy, you find a way to trade down, gather more picks, and then take him.

^ This.

I love Najee but not at 4

1 hour ago, chronob said:

You'd be the only one not upset. It would be a BIG FALON move though. Drafting a RB at 4... lmfao