First of all he was linked to Fontenot from the start of this process. And now Fontenot is reportedly getting a second interview. But the main reason I think it’s him is because of the staff he could possibly put together.  I believe it’s between him, Smith, and Brady. And of the 3 I see him being able to put a better staff together.

OC: Mike McDaniel or Jay Gruden 

DC: Anthony Weaver, Perry Fewell, or even Gus Bradley (I like Weaver)

I’m just not seeing a good staff with Smith and Brady. If not Hackett then Smith.

4 minutes ago, ike barn87987 said:

First of all he was linked to Fontenot from the start of this process. And now Fontenot is reportedly getting a second interview. But the main reason I think it’s him is because of the staff he could possibly put together.  I believe it’s between him, Smith, and Brady. And of the 3 I see him being able to put a better staff together.

I’m just not seeing a good staff with Smith and Brady. If not Hackett then Smith.

I'm also having a hard time seeing what kind of staff Brady could put together. And someone as green as Brady, he gonna need a strong staff.

8 minutes ago, ike barn87987 said:

5 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

I'm also having a hard time seeing what kind of staff Brady could put together. And someone as green as Brady, he gonna need a strong staff.

You guys have had the strongest(best) reasons for not going with Brady and if this is why, I am ok with that! 

This is why I have said I don’t have any favorites, just as long as the GM(who hopefully is solid and good) is doing the picking.

11 minutes ago, ike barn87987 said:

That would be a pretty strong coaching staff that I could get on board with

I'm on board with the candidate that brings the strongest ability to instill an accountable, winning culture and leadership. Think Belicek, Tomlin, Harbaugh, yes even Payton. Don't know enough about Brady (though his age concerns me) or Hackett to say who is better or worse when it comes to culture and leadership. Hopefully Blank and McKay learned from the DQ and TD experience that you need a coach who works for the GM and isn't a co-equal, and that the coach hiring his buddies and guys he owes a favor to doesn't work.

What is Hackett's connection to McDaniel? 

Obviously looking at connections is a logical approach to looking at combinations, but I think there have been plenty of examples where GM's and HC's and then HC's and their coordinators have never worked together before (Quinn and Shanahan as an obvious one). I'm also not sure it is a given that Ulbrich is definitely out as DC - I don't expect a full clear out of our existing coaches.

1 minute ago, Smiler11 said:

What is Hackett's connection to McDaniel? 

Obviously looking at connections is a logical approach to looking at combinations, but I think there have been plenty of examples where GM's and HC's and then HC's and their coordinators have never worked together before (Quinn and Shanahan as an obvious one). I'm also not sure it is a given that Ulbrich is definitely out as DC - I don't expect a full clear out of our existing coaches.

From the bare that I know, Hackett's right hand man (reportedly) and the Packers OL coach, Adam Stenavich worked with him in SF from 2017 to 2018. May be more.

28 minutes ago, CMarinoNFL said:

From the bare that I know, Hackett's right hand man (reportedly) and the Packers OL coach, Adam Stenavich worked with him in SF from 2017 to 2018. May be more.

U beat me to it. Sometimes you don’t have to work directly with someone. People talk around the league. You gotta think that Hackett has talked to LaFleur and Stenavich about McDaniel.

1 hour ago, FentayeJones said:

I’d like to see Brady and bring in Wade Phillips as DC.  Guy always has a good defense and brings the HC experience.  I believe he was McVey’s first DC . 

13 minutes ago, ROMERO said:

It would be a boring hire. Dont even call the offense plays in Green Bay. 

I heard he calls the redzone plays. Are the Packers a top redzone team offensively?

The Falcons have struggled in the redzone for a good while now.

If Hackett is really good in the redzone, then I don't see why he wouldn't be the rest of the 60 yards of the field.

1 hour ago, ike barn87987 said:

Hackett is one of my favorites also.