If we hire Fontenot, Saints get 2 third round comp picks

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If someone else hires him, they still get the picks for it...this shouldn’t be a factor.  its getting warm about this guy, feel like he is gonna be the hire. Let’s just hope the Saints don’t draf

Well duh, obviously Pace wasnt their best personnel guy...because Fontenot is...can’t you keep up 😂 

Posted Images

6 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Well duh, obviously Pace wasnt their best personnel guy...because Fontenot is...can’t you keep up 😂 

I’m not keeping up with you because I’m 2 steps ahead of you. 😜

4 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Hey bud will you **** off and let me be happy for just a little? Please? Thank you. 

In all seriousness hope all is well with you and yours my guy, y’all stay safe.

Hahaha, fair enough.

And likewise, friend. Hopefully 2021 is going a bit better than 2020 for y’all. :)

4 hours ago, Vandy said:

Weren’t bears in the playoffs bro? And don’t tell me you weren’t just a little nervous heading into 4th quarter Sunday.

They played you guys tough. That’s a solid team except at QB. 

Personally, I hope we go a different direction. Just don’t want any of that New Orleans stench here. 🤪

They were, but only because the Cardinals absolutely **** the bed, LOL. Defense holds the Rams to 18 points and the offense can only muster 7 points. :lol:

4 hours ago, falcndave said:

I'm sure your right. When someone hires him, free draft picks and no loss for the Saints.

I mean we’ll probably use them to trade up anyway. 

3 hours ago, A-TowN.- said:

Sounds like coping to me. This is a hard concept to believe, and this is crazy I know, but Fontenot and Pace are different people. 

No need to cope, I’m just laying out the facts. You can accept them or ignore them as you see fit, but thems still the facts. 😋

29 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

I’m not keeping up with you because I’m 2 steps ahead of you. 😜

Hahaha, fair enough.

And likewise, friend. Hopefully 2021 is going a bit better than 2020 for y’all. :)

They were, but only because the Cardinals absolutely **** the bed, LOL. Defense holds the Rams to 18 points and the offense can only muster 7 points. :lol:

I mean we’ll probably use them to trade up anyway. 

No need to cope, I’m just laying out the facts. You can accept them or ignore them as you see fit, but thems still the facts. 😋

BTW, by my count you lost our bet by one sack.

My favorite New Orleans charity is New Orleans Mission, my brother does some volunteer work there. Says they are really making a difference.

So everyone wins.

12 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

The Bears thought they hired our “best personnel guy” too when they hired Ryan Pace from us and look how that’s going for them:

• 1 winning season out of 6
  • 42-54 record
  • 2 playoff appearances
  • 0 playoff wins
  • scoring offenses ranked 23rd, 28th, 29th, 9th, 29th, 22nd
  • yardage offenses ranked 21st, 15th, 30th, 21st, 29th, 26th
  • likely about to hire his 3rd head coach if he doesn’t get canned himself

Pace likely packing up his office as we speak. LOL.

Speaking of Ryan Pace, here’s an article y’all might be interested in...

ESPN: Bears hire Ryan Pace as GM

Hmm, that sounds VERY familiar...

🤔

Comes down to coaching. All of Loomis' schemes don't work if he doesn't have Payton. Winning record without Brees last year and this year. Most teams lose a HOF QB and they completely collapse.

But I've never been one to subscribe to GMs being heavily important. I always point to the HC of the GMs that are highly rated. Never a coincidence the good HCs have "good GMs" yet the bad GMs always have shlt HCs. 

18 hours ago, matty72780 said:

Yes, but they are third round picks. Pretty good news and a nice incentive given to a team that loses a minority HC or GM to another team. Hopefully Morris crushed the Jags interview. Having two additional third round picks for someone we weren’t going to hire (Morris) would be AMAZING! 

Am I looking at this wrong....wouldn't it be more incentive to give the picks to the hiring team and not the losing one? Seems like the comp picks to a competitor is actually a possible roadblock to minority promotions, it's at least a speedbump.

6 hours ago, Vandy said:

BTW, by my count you lost our bet by one sack.

My favorite New Orleans charity is New Orleans Mission, my brother does some volunteer work there. Says they are really making a difference.

So everyone wins.

Haha, actually was by 5 sacks if we’re going by the official number of 29. Had to look it up see what the monetary value was, LOL. But you got it! This is the right one, correct?

God**** you, Taysom! Dude starts 4 games at QB and gets sacked 13 times because he has 0 pocket awareness.

5 hours ago, vel said:

Comes down to coaching. All of Loomis' schemes don't work if he doesn't have Payton. Winning record without Brees last year and this year. Most teams lose a HOF QB and they completely collapse.

But I've never been one to subscribe to GMs being heavily important. I always point to the HC of the GMs that are highly rated. Never a coincidence the good HCs have "good GMs" yet the bad GMs always have shlt HCs. 

I can agree with that. Loomis struck gold on his coach search, unlike Pace. Now the question would be if Fontenot can.

9 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

Haha, actually was by 5 sacks if we’re going by the official number of 29. Had to look it up see what the monetary value was, LOL. But you got it! This is the right one, correct?

God**** you, Taysom! Dude starts 4 games at QB and gets sacked 13 times because he has 0 pocket awareness.

You got it bro. And yes, for once thank you Taysom!

20 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

If someone else hires him, they still get the picks for it...this shouldn’t be a factor. 

its getting warm about this guy, feel like he is gonna be the hire. Let’s just hope the Saints don’t draft quite as good without him, though I believe that’s Ireland’s forte.

Exactly what I was going to say about him. Somebody is going to hire him so it really doesn’t matter!

14 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

Debatable. Their defense hasn’t been bad in his 6 years, but they were equally as good if not better the 6 years prior to his hiring, the offense is way worse. They had a winning record (49-47) in the 6 years pre-Pace along with two 10+ win seasons, a playoff win and a NFC Championship game appearance.

Agree on Trubisky and Nagy, but those are two massive strikes worth firing him right now for.

Bears still trying to repair themselves after Tressman. Going 180 degrees away from your team identity then ditching that and trying to return to what you were leaves scars. 

2 minutes ago, slider said:

Bears still trying to repair themselves after Tressman. Going 180 degrees away from your team identity then ditching that and trying to return to what you were leaves scars. 

They were there, at least on defense.  They still have an elite defense but Nagy/Trubisky have really hamstrung that team.

9 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

If Fontenot is as good as advertised, then realistically a couple of picks to them is small change indeed.  FA's garner picks for teams,  and although this is a minority rule, I could see where this would be a rule that could benefit a few teams that are incubators or talent 

Could you see teams trying to sell their minority FO guys and Coordinators so they could get the picks? Don't like a guy? Sell him as the next Belichick and kill 2 birds with one stone. Get rid of a problem guy and knock down 2 3rd rounders. Facetious of course.

5 minutes ago, athell said:

They were there, at least on defense.  They still have an elite defense but Nagy/Trubisky have really hamstrung that team.

I agree. Trubisky does have the raw talent but he just isn't disciplined. I wonder what he could do if he went to a QB guru and didn't have to be the guy for a year or two?

5 minutes ago, slider said:

I agree. Trubisky does have the raw talent but he just isn't disciplined. I wonder what he could do if he went to a QB guru and didn't have to be the guy for a year or two?

He does.  Problem seems to be Nagy trying to keep a running qb in the pocket.  He's at his best on the move and Nagy never uses it.

6 minutes ago, athell said:

He does.  Problem seems to be Nagy trying to keep a running qb in the pocket.  He's at his best on the move and Nagy never uses it.

That's a serious problem throughout the NFL right now. The HC position has been over run with coordinators still forcing their system on their team instead of morphing to fit their talent. If I'm an HC and I'm not comfortable running an offense that works with Trubisky's talent, I'd hire a guy that can maximize it and be what I was hired to be...HC.

44 minutes ago, Vandy said:

You got it bro. And yes, for once thank you Taysom!

Settled! And LOLOL 

:tiphat:

32 minutes ago, slider said:

Ironically Trestman worked as a consultant for Payton in 2007. So they fire Trestman after the 2014 season and immediately bring in another Payton guy at GM. :lol:

Edited by Iron Saint
29 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

Settled! And LOLOL 

:tiphat:

Ironically Trestman worked as a consultant for Payton in 2007. So they fire Trestman after the 2014 season and immediately bring in another Payton guy at GM. :lol:

I've got a bone to pick with you Iron Saint, if you can't see the disparity between the penalty calls against the other teams that play the Saints and your team then you're unable to see the truth. I suspect when Brees leaves this will change but the NFL promotes it's stars these days as much as the NBA and it's obvious even to those not schooled in the game. Every time a penalty flag flies against the other team, there's no discussion, it's called and measured off. When it's against the Saints, there's always a confab. "Can we avoid calling this and get away with it" "Was it really obvious on TV or can we overlook it?" It's not about whether an infraction had actually occurred, it appears to be whether or not they can avoid calling it. I'm not objective and I admit it when it comes to your team but, they seem to need a conference room available on site to determine penalties against the Saints. WTH?

Edited by slider
1 hour ago, slider said:

I've got a bone to pick with you Iron Saint, if you can't see the disparity between the penalty calls against the other teams that play the Saints and your team then you're unable to see the truth. I suspect when Brees leaves this will change but the NFL promotes it's stars these days as much as the NBA and it's obvious even to those not schooled in the game. Every time a penalty flag flies against the other team, there's no discussion, it's called and measured off. When it's against the Saints, there's always a confab. "Can we avoid calling this and get away with it" "Was it really obvious on TV or can we overlook it?" It's not about whether an infraction had actually occurred, it appears to be whether or not they can avoid calling it. I'm not objective and I admit it when it comes to your team but, they seem to need a conference room available on site to determine penalties against the Saints. WTH?

Man, I wish we got half the breaks y’all think we get to be honest. LOL. There’s undoubtedly a penalty disparity in our games, however it’s trending in the opposite direction you think. I posted this arguing with a Panthers fan earlier...

We’ve been flagged the 8th most in the league (102 penalties) for the 2nd most penalty yards (1,025 yards; only behind the Jaguars) while our opponents have been flagged the fewest in the league (73 penalties) for the fewest penalty yards (567 yards).

If anyone is being helped along the way it’s Brady. Buccaneers opponents have been flagged the 10th most (97 penalties) for the most yardage (1,040 yards) in the league.

I’ll be the first to admit when we get gifted a call but until then the proof is in the pudding, we’re playing 11 vs. 18 nearly every play.

5 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

Man, I wish we got half the breaks y’all think we get to be honest. LOL. There’s undoubtedly a penalty disparity in our games, however it’s trending in the opposite direction you think. I posted this arguing with a Panthers fan earlier...

We’ve been flagged the 8th most in the league (102 penalties) for the 2nd most penalty yards (1,025 yards; only behind the Jaguars) while our opponents have been flagged the fewest in the league (73 penalties) for the fewest penalty yards (567 yards).

If anyone is being helped along the way it’s Brady. Buccaneers opponents have been flagged the 10th most (97 penalties) for the most yardage (1,040 yards) in the league.

I’ll be the first to admit when we get gifted a call but until then the proof is in the pudding, we’re playing 11 vs. 18 nearly every play.

" It'll be the first time I admit when we get gifted a call....." 

There, I fixed it for you! 😋