Fontenot to have 2nd Interview

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I believe this is the interview where the GMs are asked about working with certain HC candidates.

I think TD gets a bad rap around here. He was a GM for 13 years and built two rosters good enough to get us to a super bowl. He was far from a bad hire 

6 minutes ago, Fernando C. said:

what I don't get is you say he resume OUTSIDE of Drafting?? so why do you want a GM if its not for drafting?? let someone else give him his chance... I want a GM that can draft ... what I hate is we are just interviewing Minority people for GM not the best one for the job...

Also you are way wrong on the Taysom Hill example it was all Sean Payton..

https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/his-chance-to-run-a-shop-of-his-own-is-long-overdue-evaluating-terry-fontenot-as

AD: Fontenot's Saints bio suggests one of his responsibilities is watching the waiver wire. How big of a role did he play in bringing in Taysom Hill?

LJ: "At best, a small one. The Saints wanted to take a look at Packers practice squad receiver Max McCaffrey, and Taysom Hill kept popping on the film. It was mostly Sean Payton's idea to claim both players off waivers."

That same article shows that he brought in guys like demorio davis, latavius Murray, and janoris Jenkins.

Just now, Fernando C. said:

Yeah via FA not the Draft... so who is going to draft for us??? McKay??? Webster??? 

He is, and I’m sure he’ll have a solid scouting department as well.  It’s not far fetched to think a guy with GM aspirations wouldn’t do all he can to gather information as it comes to drafting and scouting.

56 minutes ago, Fernando C. said:

Really he Sucked and drafted HOF like Watt, Hopkins and Watson to name a few...  and you want to build through the draft and bring the guy responsible for the FA adquisitions in NO... yeah that makes sense hahahaah

Name anyone worth a **** that Smith drafted after round 1. You might find 3 decent players in 10 years.

I don't know what Fontenot will do as a GM, he's a complete unknown. Smith is a known and unless you have only first round picks every year it sucks. 

3 hours ago, DirtyBird2 said:

Dude, you must be an incredible boxer with a reach like that. 

Nowhere did I ever say they were in the same field, it's called reading the thread for context. Something you clearly don't understand.

I didnt hurt your feelings did I

4 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Did you accept the position?

Nope didn't get the job on any of them. Theres a reason they have a extremely low satisfaction rating when it comes to their recruitment process.

3 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

What in the **** can you talk about for 5 hours?  Wow.  God bless you dude.  

Nonsensical behavioral questions. Literally one of the worst experiences I've ever had.

5 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

Fontenot has also worked closely with Ryan Pace and Jeff Ireland.

He’s about to be free in a few days if y’all looking for his services. :lol:

Just a reminder that our last big front office “loss” traded up one spot from #3 overall to #2 overall only to pass on Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson and draft Mitchell Trubisky. 

:tiphat:

8 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

He’s about to be free in a few days if y’all looking for his services. :lol:

Just a reminder that our last big front office “loss” traded up one spot from #3 overall to #2 overall only to pass on Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson and draft Mitchell Trubisky. 

:tiphat:

Heyyyyyyyyyy ole buddy ole pal. Long time no see. Hope all is swell on your end

59 minutes ago, msjacob25 said:

We may have some competition for Fontenot!  Better get him now before Elway does!

Would like to think/hope the fact Fontenot would be involved in choosing the HC would make us a more attractive option rather than being forced to work with Vic Fangio

Edited by English Falcon44
1 minute ago, English Falcon44 said:

Would like to think/hope the fact Fontenot would be involved in choosing the HC would make us a more attractive option rather than being forced to work with Vic Fangio

I guess theoretically, if he get the GM job he could fire Fangio after the season and get his own guy anyway.

23 hours ago, Lornoth said:

I'm more talking about EB than Hackett when I say that. Reid has had some good coaches come out from under him but they're usually DC or ST coordinators, not OC's. I like Hackett as an OC though I have no idea how he'd do as HC. 

I really do Hope Font is a good one because he seems like he's about to be the guy. Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth because he's an Ain't and we'll be gifting them picks by doing it. It'll make me that much saltier if he turns out to be a dud. lol

They don't get our picks, they are like comp picks. Another poster explained it completely on page one.

23 hours ago, Fernando C. said:

Yeah via FA not the Draft... so who is going to draft for us??? McKay??? Webster??? 

The GM.

Fontenot may be a pro scouting guy, but he's been in personnel for over 16 years.

Also, I'm sure he's bringing scouts and executives with him over from the Saints in promotions to head the Falcons pro and college scouting departments.

No different than a coach becoming a new HC and bringing assistants with him to become coordinators and positional coaches.

On 1/12/2021 at 11:03 AM, mtldirtybird said:

and widely considered by far the best of anyone who got fired this season and was requested for interviews within days of being fired here...DQ just got his first call in comparison

I like TD but let’s see if he gets a 2nd job. What we (fans) think and what the NFL community thinks are often polar opposites. You never know even the dreaded inept DQ might get a job somewhere with an NFL team (hint ...Dallas...)