Does Raheem Morris pairing up with OC Mike McDaniel make him a top candidate for Falcons head coach?

I can't think of a better offensive coordinator for our offense than Mike McDaniel. If all we need is a successful draft particularly on the defensive side of the ball and we good 2 go.

The top 2 gm candidates are 1  Rick Smith and 2. Terry Fontenont. 

For all those worrying about losing a great OC, If Mike McDaniel makes our offense look like 2016 and our defense is playing average we can always promote him to head coach like we should have done Kyle Shanahan. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why so in two years McDaniels gets a HC gig elsewhere.  Are you not tried of going thru the same process again, and again, and again

Just give the HC job to McDaniel if that’s the case. 

You’re blowing smoke out of your *** again. Falcons were not a below average defense once Quinn got canned. He’ll, they finished 14th in DVOA which includes that horrible 1st 5 games.    You do

Posted Images

Just now, Falcons Fan MVP said:

If Raheem could bring in a hot name a defensive coordinator along with OC Mike McDaniel I think the fans would be very okay with it. 

Why so in two years McDaniels gets a HC gig elsewhere. 

Are you not tried of going thru the same process again, and again, and again

1 minute ago, GATXBOI said:

1. We could always promote Mike McDaniel as head coach like we should have done Kyle Shanahan if we feel that is the best option.

2. Matt Ryan may only have 2 years left anyways. I personally think he could go 4-5 but that just me.

It's worth considering.

8 minutes ago, GATXBOI said:

That is my concern.  I think McDaniel can come in and help us immediately, but I don't see him staying here for long.   Would it be worth it if he can turn the offense back up to 11 like it was under Shanny?  Maybe?   But I want a staff that is going to be together for a while instead of having a new OC every 2 years. 

10 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

1. We could always promote Mike McDaniel as head coach like we should have done Kyle Shanahan if we feel that is the best option.

2. Matt Ryan may only have 2 years left anyways. I personally think he could go 4-5 but that just me.

It's worth considering.

So why make Morris HC.. if we are gonna thru all this.

5 minutes ago, pa_falcon_fan said:

That is my concern.  I think McDaniel can come in and help us immediately, but I don't see him staying here for long.   Would it be worth it if he can turn the offense back up to 11 like it was under Shanny?  Maybe?   But I want a staff that is going to be together for a while instead of having a new OC every 2 years. 

Yes I want a staff that will be together hopefully for the next 5+

I honestly think that he's looking more desirable after seeing some of the other candidates sort of make themselves look less appealing recently. It also makes a whole lot of sense to not blow the whole team up this offseason with how all of our money is allocated. I think it makes more sense to keep Raheem with the knowledge that Matt is our QB till his contract expires. 

If this team's offense performed up to the standard that it has set in previous years, we would easily be moving onto the second round of the playoffs right now. We could easily have beaten the Redskins, the Bears, and honestly probably the Bucs. Raheem and Ulbrich has the defense playing well enough that they were obviously the strength of this team rather than the offense this past season. That's what I want! I want a good defense to pair with Ryan! Morris also cut one of his starting DEs and the other one underperformed and was injured the whole season. I want to see what he would do with some defensive draft picks of his own. I also really like how he handled the media and team drama. He tells it straight, and didn't put up with BS from anyone, even a first round pick.

I have yet to see anyone make a convincing argument against Morris. Someone smart tell me why we shouldn't pick Morris.

Also, the argument that we shouldn't hire McDaniels as OC because someone else will hire him in two years is ridiculous. SO should we hire a crappy OC so that no one tries to poach him from us? I'm seriously having trouble wrapping my head around that logic.

3 minutes ago, ATLskinjob said:

I honestly think that he's looking more desirable after seeing some of the other candidates sort of make themselves look less appealing recently. It also makes a whole lot of sense to not blow the whole team up this offseason with how all of our money is allocated. I think it makes more sense to keep Raheem with the knowledge that Matt is our QB till his contract expires. 

If this team's offense performed up to the standard that it has set in previous years, we would easily be moving onto the second round of the playoffs right now. We could easily have beaten the Redskins, the Bears, and honestly probably the Bucs. Raheem and Ulbrich has the defense playing well enough that they were obviously the strength of this team rather than the offense this past season. That's what I want! I want a good defense to pair with Ryan! Morris also cut one of his starting DEs and the other one underperformed and was injured the whole season. I want to see what he would do with some defensive draft picks of his own. I also really like how he handled the media and team drama. He tells it straight, and didn't put up with BS from anyone, even a first round pick.

I have yet to see anyone make a convincing argument against Morris. Someone smart tell me why we shouldn't pick Morris.

Also, the argument that we shouldn't hire McDaniels as OC because someone else will hire him in two years is ridiculous. SO should we hire a crappy OC so that no one tries to poach him from us? I'm seriously having trouble wrapping my head around that logic.

For one he has been here since 2015. The one time we did have a top 10 defense he was not a dc. When he was dc. His defense still didn't crack top 15.

Don't hire an crappy oc.. Hire an offensive minded HC duh

8 minutes ago, GATXBOI said:

For one he has been here since 2015. The one time we did have a top 10 defense he was not a dc. When he was dc. His defense still didn't crack top 15.

Don't hire an crappy oc.. Hire an offensive minded HC duh

That's just the current trend, and it hasn't worked out very well for most. I would say that Sean McVay is the best of that type of hire, and currently his defense is the major strength of that team.

Why not get a coach with HC experience, offensive experience, and defensive experience that already knows our team well. Another positive of hiring Raheem would be that he poses the shortest turnaround time for this team. I bet that next season we make the playoffs with him.

6 minutes ago, ATLskinjob said:

That's just the current trend, and it hasn't worked out very well for most. I would say that Sean McVay is the best of that type of hire, and currently his defense is the major strength of that team.

Why not get a coach with HC experience, offensive experience, and defensive experience that already knows our team well. Another positive of hiring Raheem would be that he poses the shortest turnaround time for this team. I bet that next season we make the playoffs with him.

I agree with experience. But he isn't the quickest turn around. Hiring an WCO coach does

22 minutes ago, ATLskinjob said:

Why? No one will tell me why they don't want him.

I’ve stated this to you before. He’s part of the Quinn regime. He is part of the reason we started off as 0-5.

To add on; he underwhelmed as a DC and HC. I saw only a slight difference in this team with him at the helm. Based on his tenure with the Bucs he has way too much in common with Quinn. Which would explain why he was apart of the regime. He’s a below average coordinator and coach. Hard pass. 

This idea that you would just automatically fire Raheem if Mike McDaniel wanted to leave as OC to take a head coach opportunity is ridiculous. 

"Hey Raheem.. we're gonna let you be the coach for now, but just to let you know... if McDaniel wants to leverage his way into taking your job, that's what we're going to do."

We need to hire an offensive minded head coach so no matter who is calling plays, the offense will be the same. If that guy is Mike McDaniel then he's guy.. right now or two years from now.