Fontenot/Brady reunion "very possible"

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No hate on Joe Brady but I dont see the hype. I understand he was part of the LSU Championship winning season but to me its too early for him to be a head coach. 

I think Terry Fontenont will choose Nathaniel Hackett 

Id much rather brady then some rehash thats for sure.

I'd be tentatively excited with Brady and I'm surprised most people here are not feeling it. I get he is incredibly young but for the longest time it seems like people have wanted a young and innovating offensive mind at head coach. That is exactly what you get with Brady. 

He was a key component of the historic LSU offense and Bridgewater had a career year despite the team missing their star running back. 

It's a high risk, high reward move for sure. I'd be interested to see what coordinators he could bring with him. 

2 hours ago, KCFalcon22 said:

I agree with you all the way.  BUT someone on here mentioned to me that the not so flashy hires usually do good.  I'm all for EB (starting to cool on him though), but sometimes the big names don't do well.

I am feeling good about this pairing and am in the same boat with you about EB. 

I just like the symbiotic nature of this and am concerned about hearing an OC that isn’t the mastermind behind his group. (Not saying he wouldn’t do fine, but it is a concern.)

1 hour ago, stizz said:

On top of what has all been said, we'd also be giving a rival two free third round picks and they already draft well.

Morocco Brown or Rick Smith make way more sense.

We are giving any body two 3rd comps he we hired a minority coach or GM from another team. Same with Morris and Anthony Robinson

2 hours ago, ROMERO said:

No hate on Joe Brady but I dont see the hype. I understand he was part of the LSU Championship winning season but to me its too early for him to be a head coach. 

I would have to agree with this, except I do see some of the hype. I would be shocked because I agree that he needs a little more time. But sometimes, just like the draft, time isn't a luxury we have. Might have to get him and groom him if this does happen. He probably won't be available the next time we need a coach.

Would he come as anything other than HC? Is it allowed?

2 hours ago, The Don™ said:

Seems like they're trying to capitalize on the "young, up and coming" OC trend. It would be a risky hire but Quinn came very well received by many and he flamed out quickly. You never really know. It could be that they liked his plan to make the offense hum again and had Matt Ryan in the future plans too. 

If Brady was the guy, I could easily see him handing the keys to the defense to an experienced DC.

I think that is the key here, Brady realize what he does well and surround himself with coaches who will take care of the rest.

I also think too many head coaches try to control everything, have a plan and trust your assistants

2 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Fontenot is gonna bring some executive personnel with him over from the Saints more than likely.

Some from both pro and college scouting.

Yeah but those can go in a couple of years... give me the best talent evaluator you can bring...

1 hour ago, GATXBOI said:

We are giving any body two 3rd comps he we hired a minority coach or GM from another team. Same with Morris and Anthony Robinson

We're not giving them anything. They would get 2 comp picks that do not come from us but from the league. If we actually hire the person that was responsible for their good drafting I don't care what they get.

3 hours ago, DMT11 said:

Still kinda wierd fontenot would want to come here I get it there's only 32 of these jobs but he's getting one anyway, kinda strange going to lead the team you grew up hating and fighting against your whole life 

You put aside an NFL fan rivalry for the opportunity to be a GM.  Plus the money helps as well