Who’s on board with - Fontenot - J Brady - Fields/Wilson

4 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I'm still wondering how ryan sucks and we won't be picking this high again in a while are both true. 

Main reason I ain’t stressed to find a QB this year if it doesn’t line up :lol:

until they start making miracles out of this mess I can’t see us outside a top 5 pick for a while. 

14 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Thought about it for a second and ......

RqKQluj.gif

The Panthers offense was mehhhh 

Brady is inexperienced and the Panthers offense got bogged down by decent defenses.

A 32 year old head coach is just not appealing to me at all.

I’ll counter with this:

His primary weapon and the offense itself was meant to feature Christian McCaffrey.

^He was out most of the year. Played 3 games. You gonna critic him for not turning Teddy B into something without much of a run game; despite a decent showing from Mike Davis, while featuring boom or bust receivers like Moore? It’s checkdown Teddy and missing the #1 weapon he was gonna come in and build around.

Remember how poorly Matt LaFleur looked calling his own plays in TEN without a decent QB? And that was with Henry.

My point is, you can’t really tell much about a coordinator with just 1 year and clear question marks on the offense. The Falcons, otoh, have an MVP caliber QB and loads of weapons in the pass game but haven’t found an OC since Sark year 1 able to produce a consistent ground game despite a pass game that should be capable of opening it up.

Scheme fit to your personnel and get more out of what you have.

And, for a young potential HC, as someone else mentioned; it’s even more critical to have a reliable staff. TBD if we go for Brady though. I’d be surprised.

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I’ll counter with this:

His primary weapon and the offense itself was meant to feature Christian McCaffrey.

^He was out most of the year. Played 3 games. You gonna critic him for not turning Teddy B into something without much of a run game; despite a decent showing from Mike Davis, while featuring boom or bust receivers like Moore? It’s checkdown Teddy and missing the #1 weapon he was gonna come in and build around.

Remember how poorly Matt LaFleur looked calling his own plays in TEN without a decent QB? And that was with Henry.

My point is, you can’t really tell much about a coordinator with just 1 year and clear question marks on the offense. The Falcons, otoh, have an MVP caliber QB and loads of weapons in the pass game but haven’t found an OC since Sark year 1 able to produce a consistent ground game despite a pass game that should be capable of opening it up.

Scheme fit to your personnel and get more out of what you have.

And, for a young potential HC, as someone else mentioned; it’s even more critical to have a reliable staff. TBD if we go for Brady though. I’d be surprised.

I think, lack of creativity shows when you don’t have star power. Brady was predictable in CAR for a guy who was supposed to be genius. We know what KS did in 2014 with much worse players in Cleveland. Nothing last year from Brady screamed genius. 

7 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I think, lack of creativity shows when you don’t have star power. Brady was predictable in CAR for a guy who was supposed to be genius. We know what KS did in 2014 with much worse players in Cleveland. Nothing last year from Brady screamed genius. 

Now do Matt LaFleur for Titans in 2018. McVay had a poor first year as OC in WAS under Jay Gruden but built out a resume.

The point is you can’t really judge one year OCs without a track record. It’s all about the unknown and projections. That’s why it’s a risk.

2014 Browns were trash on offense btw. Is that your point?

14 hours ago, GATXBOI said:

Because we have Matt Ryan top 10 QB and we are a defense and a running back away from a deep playoff run.. we don't need Fields or Wilson. Groom a QB  from the 4or 5 round for two years they will be successful

Agreed. If you want a QB to groom, go get a Jamie Newman, for instance, and let him sit and learn a couple years. If he doesn’t pan out, no big deal. 

It is a complete waste of an impact player, and an absolute jackpot of draft picks to take a QB at 4, when a team like Denver would sell the farm for either of those guys. 

I don’t  think the new staff will have any intention of getting rid of Matt, when they know they are fixing the defense and a good offensive scheme away from being a winning team. 

6 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Now do Matt LaFleur for Titans in 2018. McVay had a poor first year as OC in WAS under Jay Gruden but built out a resume.

The point is you can’t really judge one year OCs without a track record. It’s all about the unknown and projections. That’s why it’s a risk.

The thing with the 2014 Browns (like the 2020 Titans) is you could see the progress.

Now, the 2020 Browns are on another level entirely.  I was sick watching Stefanski's offense perform like that yesterday, without Stefanski even there.  And my biggest fear is I don't see anyone like that out there right now.  Hackett is my best guess for someone in that mold.

4 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

The point is Brady doesn’t have much track record outside one year in NFL. LaFleur has much better track record before he went to Titans. McVay is like once in a generation guy. Kyle in 2014 made the browns offense something with revolving QB and not much talent. Heck they had one of the best Browns record in 2014 compared to other years in recent past. Brady is low reward and High risk pick. I rather roll with a guy who ran successful offense. 

Just now, JDaveG said:

The thing with the 2014 Browns (like the 2020 Titans) is you could see the progress.

Now, the 2020 Browns are on another level entirely.  I was sick watching Stefanski's offense perform like that yesterday, without Stefanski even there.  And my biggest fear is I don't see anyone like that out there right now.  Hackett is my best guess for someone in that mold.

I personally see Hackett as Better fit. Moderate risk with high ceiling. EB is boom or bust. 

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

The point is Brady doesn’t have much track record outside one year in NFL. LaFleur has much better track record before he went to Titans. McVay is like once in a generation guy. Kyle in 2014 made the browns offense something with revolving QB and not much talent. Heck they had one of the best Browns record in 2014 compared to other years in recent past. Brady is low reward and High risk pick. I rather roll with a guy who ran successful offense. 

The Browns offense was terrible tho. The Panthers of 2020 produced more. I don’t get your argument at all lol

Like...what? 

The 2014 Browns record was a function of their defense.

As for LaFleur’s role, he was marginalized under McVay as “OC” (since McVay controls the offense and playcalling) and fell on his face on his own in Tennessee.

The point is: You can’t judge first year OCs on their first year.

14 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Yup.

Again..I saw other panther games...their offense was meh.

Part of that was Teddy Bridgewater being meh.

you have to take an account that CMac was out for most of the year he is their best player on offense. Im pretty sure when he played their offense was better.

In the 3 games they played their offense scored 30 vs the raiders, 17 vs the bucs which isnt good but it is vs a division rival and his 2nd game all season then 31 vs the chiefs so really their offense looked better with him then without

Edited by kenn.junior

18 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

Agreed. If you want a QB to groom, go get a Jamie Newman, for instance, and let him sit and learn a couple years. If he doesn’t pan out, no big deal. 

It is a complete waste of an impact player, and an absolute jackpot of draft picks to take a QB at 4, when a team like Denver would sell the farm for either of those guys. 

I don’t  think the new staff will have any intention of getting rid of Matt, when they know they are fixing the defense and a good offensive scheme away from being a winning team. 

Exactly

13 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I personally see Hackett as Better fit. Moderate risk with high ceiling. EB is boom or bust. 

I don't think EB is boom or bust.  I think he's high floor, potential Super Bowl ceiling.  I think at worst he's Marvin Lewis or Marty Schottenheimer. 

Or Mike Smith maybe, but I don't see him falling off the cliff like Smith did, mostly because I think EB won't put up with that BS from the ownership and front office.

12 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

The Browns offense was terrible tho. The Panthers of 2020 produced more. I don’t get your argument at all lol

Like...what? 

The 2014 Browns record was a function of their defense.

As for LaFleur’s role, he was marginalized under McVay as “OC” (since McVay controls the offense and playcalling) and fell on his face on his own in Tennessee.

The point is: You can’t judge first year OCs on their first year.

Lol are you serious? Kyle got multiple no name receivers contribute 300-500 yards, he improved the Cleveland offense compared to years past and it fell off after Ks left. He made RB from the street run by committee and got more from than other teams.

If you have to bring others to justify Joe Brady, that itself is problem. Other guys had longer record than Joe Brady. 

1 minute ago, JDaveG said:

I don't think EB is boom or bust.  I think he's high floor, potential Super Bowl ceiling.  I think at worst he's Marvin Lewis or Marty Schottenheimer. 

Or Mike Smith maybe, but I don't see him falling off the cliff like Smith did, mostly because I think EB won't put up with that BS from the ownership and front office.

Biggest unknown for me is how much of KC offense is Andy Reid or EB. I like EB and would love to have him as HC. EB did good job as RB coach and this team needs a run game too.

13 hours ago, GATXBOI said:

Lance he ain't did squat I wouldn't dare take him. Folks said the same about Wentz and look how that turned out.

I rather take my chance with Jones Trask Book Mond Newman Buechele Ehlinger. They all played way better teams and actually improved the teams they played for.

wentz was about to be a MVP til he got hurt then once he came back his o line has been garbage constant injuries lane johnson being in and out the line up both eagles QBs has been sacks the most times this year plus their offense has been terrible since frank reich left

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

Biggest unknown for me is how much of KC offense is Andy Reid or EB. I like EB and would love to have him as HC. EB did good job as RB coach and this team needs a run game too.

As I noted in another thread, EB knows people who can run an offense, even if we assume he himself cannot (and I don't assume that at all).  I'm far more interested in how he runs a team.

2 minutes ago, kenn.junior said:

wentz was about to be a MVP til he got hurt then once he came back his o line has been garbage constant injuries lane johnson being in and out the line up both eagles QBs has been sacks the most times this year plus their offense has been terrible since frank reich left

I don't want Lance..Wentz never bounce back..and still got a contract..once Wentz won the SB. Wentz should havebeentraded. Now it's Hurts team

9 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Lol are you serious? Kyle got multiple no name receivers contribute 300-500 yards, he improved the Cleveland offense compared to years past and it fell off after Ks left. He made RB from the street run by committee and got more from than other teams.

If you have to bring others to justify Joe Brady, that itself is problem. Other guys had longer record than Joe Brady. 

The offense in Cleveland was better the year before Kyle arrived. 2014 Browns had the worst 3rd down offense in 2014, scordd under 300 points and had a terrible Points per drive.

Brady’s offense in Carolina did more without its feature player and checkdown Teddy B. Granted he is better than Hoyer but how much? lol

Got me in the weapons at WR.

Neither were good “year one and done with that team” looks. That’s the point but sure...Kyle had some yards scattered to a few WRs?

As far as seasoning and being really green? Brady is at a point he is far more green than Kyle. I think projecting him as a fan is the hardest.

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

The offense in Cleveland was better the year before Kyle arrived. 2014 Browns had the worst 3rd down offense in 2014, scordd under 300 points and had a terrible Points per drive.

Brady’s offense in Carolina did more without its feature player and checkdown Teddy B. Granted he is better than Hoyer but how much? lol

Got me in the weapons at WR.

Neither were good “year one and done with that team” looks. That’s the point but sure...Kyle had some yards scattered to a few WRs.

Browns DVOA offensive rank in 2013 was near bottom. Kyle got them up to low twenties. The point we need to knock Kyle or others to justify Joe Brady is the problem. Joe has no track record, Kyle had good offenses in HOU/WAS and ATL before he became an HC.