Jump to content

Who’s on board with - Fontenot - J Brady - Fields/Wilson


Recommended Posts

Just now, GATXBOI said:

Because we have Matt Ryan top 10 QB and we are a defense and a running back away from a deep playoff run.. we don't need Fields or Wilson. Groom a QB  from the 4or 5 round for two years they will be successful

Might as well not pick a qb. Qbs picked in mid to late rounds rarely work out unless you want them to be a backup forever. We need to get his successor this yr while we pick high let's be real. We need a game changer at the qb position. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, GATXBOI said:

Because we have Matt Ryan top 10 QB and we are a defense and a running back away from a deep playoff run.. we don't need Fields or Wilson. Groom a QB  from the 4or 5 round for two years they will be successful

Serious question. How often do QBs picked on day 3 to be "groomed" ever amount to anything?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now is the time to pick Ryan's successor no need to wait or take a chance. Pick the qb in the 1st address everything else in the rest of the rounds. Im pro Ryan but I promise you after Ryan hikes the ball now I have 0 confidence. I dont know WHATS goin to happen. We desperately need a gamechanger at qb who knows he may be the next big thing. Ryan is not getting younger! Let's be realistic here and again I'm a Ryan fan. Now unless you want to be mediocre for years to come and still no successor because a mid to late round qb is not going to cut it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Like Fontenot, like Brady but not at ALL as HC with his experience level, and we badly need a well-rounded team more than some QB messiah. 

This is where the interviews come in, and where my perception as a fan becomes limited. If he's able to do what McKvay is and is able to identify and use talent at both the player and coaching level, then I can get behind him, but from a fan POV, I can't see that being the case. In the interview room, however, maybe he can lay out these abilities. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, hjerry said:

This is where the interviews come in, and where my perception as a fan becomes limited. If he's able to do what McKvay is and is able to identify and use talent at both the player and coaching level, then I can get behind him, but from a fan POV, I can't see that being the case. In the interview room, however, maybe he can lay out these abilities. 

I just can't see him having the ability to truly command a room or rally a team when they're down at this point, let alone being able to assemble a truly competent staff. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, but it's kinda along the same lines of Brandon Staley for the Rams (who I actually like more - @vel encouraged me to look into him) where I just think he needs more time. Being a HC is soooo much more than just being an offensive or defensive genius, which I don't doubt he might be (but it's far from certain).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No thanks to all of it.

1.  Hiring Fontenot gives the Saints 2 3rd rounders right?  Correct me if I’m wrong.

2.  Not enough experience yet but wouldn’t hate it.  Would rather go with Mike McDaniel if we’re gonna go with a less experienced option at HC.  Brady is more like 4th or 5th on my list.

3.  Two years too early to draft a QB high in the draft.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Thought about it for a second and ......

RqKQluj.gif

 

 

The Panthers offense was mehhhh 

Brady is inexperienced and the Panthers offense got bogged down by decent defenses.

A 32 year old head coach is just not appealing to me at all.

 

You need a stronger case....see below. Get em young make em great if they’re qualified. Brady could the next great one....

Sean McVay 30 years old 

John Madden 32

Don Shula 33 

Jon Gruden 34

Mike Tomlinson 34

Bill Cowher 34

Mike Shanahan 35

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I just can't see him having the ability to truly command a room or rally a team when they're down at this point, let alone being able to assemble a truly competent staff. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, but it's kinda along the same lines of Brandon Staley for the Rams (who I actually like more - @vel encouraged me to look into him) where I just think he needs more time. Being a HC is soooo much more than just being an offensive or defensive genius, which I don't doubt he might be (but it's far from certain).

I'd take a big chance on Staley before Brady. Staley is 38 compared to 31 for Brady. That's a big gap. Staley has commanded the room with some big star players (Mack, Miller, Donald, Ramsey). It would be interesting to see who his OC would be, but the upside with Staley is there. 

Brady, that offense in Carolina was big mid this year. He's very young. I'm a day old than him! Lol I just wouldn't go the Brady route right now. That's a VERY high risk move with such a set roster. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Thought about it for a second and ......

RqKQluj.gif

 

 

The Panthers offense was mehhhh 

Brady is inexperienced and the Panthers offense got bogged down by decent defenses.

A 32 year old head coach is just not appealing to me at all.

 

Brady was terrible in Carolina by mid season. He got figured out pretty quick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

You need a stronger case....see below. Get em young make em great if they’re qualified. Brady could the next great one....

Sean McVay 30 years old 

John Madden 32

Don Shula 33 

Jon Gruden 34

Mike Tomlinson 34

Bill Cowher 34

Mike Shanahan 35

Mike shannahan failed his first go around as HC when he was young....and he was 36..he did not win until he was 44

Gruden was 35...and did not win until he was 37.

Guys like Shula and Madden were in very different eras where you had 5 or 6 years as a coach to get things going.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...