2021 Transfer Portal Thread..

25 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

I wouldn’t hold your breathe... not sure Gilbert plays anywhere next year. If he does we will know by June.

Yeah I agree - not holding my breath on this one.   If the kid has academic, maturity and family issues the calculus on the whole situation becomes exponentially harder to figure.

14 hours ago, lju713 said:

Derion Kendrick dismissed from Clemson 🤔🤔🤔 will he go pro or transfer portal?? How does it work when the player is dismissed 🤔

It is really sad to see a kid with all that talent not learn to follow the rules. From what I have read, he had many chances at Clemson, in fact Dabo said "he wasn't in dog house, he was in the love shack". FYI, I hope Dabo never comes to Bama saying  that kind of crap!

I hope the kid can get his mind right and focus on football and setting himself up for life!

2 hours ago, BamaBirdLady said:

It is really sad to see a kid with all that talent not learn to follow the rules. From what I have read, he had many chances at Clemson, in fact Dabo said "he wasn't in dog house, he was in the love shack". FYI, I hope Dabo never comes to Bama saying  that kind of crap!

I hope the kid can get his mind right and focus on football and setting himself up for life!

Had to look up what that was. Still doesn't make sense.

23 hours ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

Had to look up what that was. Still doesn't make sense.

I think Dabo was trying to make it sound like it wasn't like dog house bad punishment, but that Dabo was going to "love and encourage" him onto the right track.

Whatever he meant he says the stupidest things, BYOG and all that kind of crap, I don't want that at Bama!

SoFl_Dawg

SoFl_Dawg

Administrator
Quick “vague” note on DK. I now have more insight into what happened at CU. I won’t share out of respect to the grown man that he is. I can confidently say he won’t be a problem at all should he choose UGA. His dismissal doesn’t make a ton of sense and for what he has going on, our staff is well versed at navigating and currently help several players in a similar situation today. Competing priorities got in the way and he was dismissed. All good.

I absolutely want him in Athens now.

• 3 weeks later...