NFL Wildcard Weekend Thread

Something I had never seen was frying a smash burger in oil.

Tried it myself and it was fking delicious. The little crispy bits around the edge were full of flavor and it was super juicy.

Edited by Snafu

Just now, 1989Fan said:

True, but even those can be regional. Up in PA we just got 5 guys (but I used to eat there in Baltimore) and we don’t have smash or shake shack or way back...good thing I travel for work and can experience the finer things in greasy fast food burgers. 😂 

Wow, I'm surprised y'all don't have shake shack considering it began in New York. 

Just now, Sidecar Falcon said:

I’m more admonishing the Titans defense. Ravens offense is one dimensional. Patriots offense wasn’t. 

That's the thing though. The Ravens offense isn't one-dimensional. We're watching them evolve as this game progresses. If Lamar can keep moving the chains with a quick passing game that stretches the field horizontally and hit the occasional down the field strike, the Ravens offense will be hard to stop. There's too much for the defense to account for. 

Just now, Mr.11 said:

That's the thing though. The Ravens offense isn't one-dimensional. We're watching them evolve as this game progresses. If Lamar can keep moving the chains with a quick passing game that stretches the field horizontally and hit the occasional down the field strike, the Ravens offense will be hard to stop. There's too much for the defense to account for. 

Ravens are a running team. It’s really difficult for them to comeback from behind. They are doing dink and dunk plays set up by Jackson’s scrambling. They are playing pure ball control right now. They can do this because of how fast Jackson is. They also get away with these passes because Titans defense is terrible. 

1 minute ago, fuego said:

You mean deep frying it? Did you put batter on it?

Yep, essentially deep frying. No batter. Just form a thin smash-burger patty and drop it in a cast iron skillet w/ either oil or rendered beef fat. Let it form a nice crust then put a piece of cheese on top. Drizzle some oil over the cheese to melt it and put it on a bun.