NFL Wildcard Weekend Thread

Titans got to change it up. This is where a creative play caller can bait a defense based on the fact he knows what they are looking for. Would really like to see a screen  to the short side of the field vs the zone. Got to get the ravens to hesitate just a bit so they can start running downhill again.

1 minute ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

I believe it got started in this particular thread because Jackson got sacked. Ryan huggers want to equate that to mobility, and create the narrative that isn’t necessary. That being said, I love Ryan, and saying he isn’t mobile isn’t an indictment on his ability, it’s just stating a fact. These posters get really upset about this fact, and use any negative play done by a mobile QB as a reason as to why Ryan is better. 

Maybe because every time Matt Ryan gets sacked we get 10 new threads and 50 new posts "if only we didn't have a statue for a QB. We need a mobile QB."

9 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Why does every ******* thread on this message board have to turn into a Matt Ryan thread?

It's almost impossible to even try to enjoy these forums anymore.

A particular poster attempted to detail the thread yesterday with his anti Ryan stuff. Luckily it went ignored. Didn't go ignored today. We were able to have good discussion all of yesterday. But the bait was ate today

10 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Why does every ******* thread on this message board have to turn into a Matt Ryan thread?

It's almost impossible to even try to enjoy these forums anymore.

Because for whatever reason there's been a widespread agenda to cut or trade Ryan because of whatever perceived decline in his skills, which is not true.

Dude threw 26 TDs (29 total including rushing) to 11 INTs for 4581 yards. He had better stats than Philip Rivers and several other QBs on playoff teams and teams with winning records, and yet the Falcons' went 4-12.

But the prevailing narrative, especially after DQ was fired, is that Ryan is on the decline and needs to be traded or cut in favor of a college QB that hasn't taken a single snap in the NFL.

2 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

I believe it got started in this particular thread because Jackson got sacked. Ryan huggers want to equate that to mobility, and create the narrative that isn’t necessary. That being said, I love Ryan, and saying he isn’t mobile isn’t an indictment on his ability, it’s just stating a fact. These posters get really upset about this fact, and use any negative play done by a mobile QB as a reason as to why Ryan is better. 

:munch:

Sure, Ryan isn’t a runner but he isn’t a statue either. He is “mobile enough” and that’s been proven. Like Lamar has an offense tailored to him, why we went back to Dirk is mind blowing...

7 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Ryan hate started before he threw his first pass for the Falcons. He had an uphill battle the day he had to replace Vick, and fans still want that type of player back. Ima try to make that my only comment and go back to football...then again it is halftime so **** it. 😂 

Definitely agree with the Ryan hate starting because of people’s affinity to like Vick. While I agree that his dynamic nature was the majority of why he is viewed at fondly, there are other reasons as to why he is preferred. Looking at some of the post history you can tell why and what was said.

In all honesty, Vick isn’t fit to breathe the same air as Ryan in terms of who was a better QB. 

1 minute ago, 32wood84white said:

Titans got to change it up. This is where a creative play caller can bait a defense based on the fact he knows what they are looking for. Would really like to see a screen  to the short side of the field vs the zone. Got to get the ravens to hesitate just a bit so they can start running downhill again.

I think Arthur Smith just wants to establish the fact that they WILL run the ball. Thinking in the 2nd half you'll start seeing them utilizing more play-action.

2 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Vick was so **** frustrating to watch. He'd take 1 step forward as a passer and you think "here we go" and then he'd immediately revert back to bad habits. There was the game against the Dolphins in 2005 when after the game he made a big deal about it in his postgame press conference talking about how he's a passer. Didn't have another good passing game the rest of the season. Then in 2006 he had the amazing back-to-back games against the Steelers and Bengals and then immediately laid an egg and was terrible against the Lions and Browns. Just no consistency in his passing game. Then late in 2006 he had another great passing game in a loss to the Cowboys. He had like 22 TD passes that year and half of them came in 3 games.

Vick was frustrating to watch. I can't agree with that one.  The Dome was electric with Mike Vick, he was exciting to watch and really put Atlanta on the map again.  It was frustrating to see that he didn't apply himself with having all the talent and potential in the world. 

9 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I hate hyperbole.

I do too. But I'm only being as ridiculous as the "I hate Ryan" club. It's extremely petty I admit. But ****, no one can support Matt Ryan on this message board anymore without being called a hugger and blind homer. It's ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I think Arthur Smith just wants to establish the fact that they WILL run the ball. Thinking in the 2nd half you'll start seeing them utilizing more play-action.

They really have to. Time to show their PA. And everyone knows they WILL run. Derrick Henry man.

A false narrative is “establishing the run” is required to use PA. They played closer to vest in the first half after getting the lead and it backfired with Ravens shutting down the run.

5 minutes ago, fuego said:

He did put on a deep ball clinic in that one Monday night game when he was playing for the Eagles though. I think he almost threw for 400 yards.

I need to go back and watch that game one of these days. I never saw it live. Missed so much stuff that year cause I didn't have power and was homeless at other times.

2 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Definitely agree with the Ryan hate starting because of people’s affinity to like Vick. While I agree that his dynamic nature was the majority of why he is viewed at fondly, there are other reasons as to why he is preferred. Looking at some of the post history you can tell why and what was said.

In all honesty, Vick isn’t fit to breathe the same air as Ryan in terms of who was a better QB. 

I don't see why you guys always make it a black or white issue.  Vick provided the Falcons with some great years it ended badly. Matt Ryan erased a dark time for Falcons fans and has represented the city well.  End of story. 

Just now, insight said:

I don't see why you guys always make it a black or white issue.  Vick provided the Falcons with some great years it ended badly. Matt Ryan erased a dark time for Falcons fans and has represented the city well.  End of story. 

Here we go. 

Time to get back on the games today and stop talking about vick

4 minutes ago, insight said:

Vick was frustrating to watch. I can't agree with that one.  The Dome was electric with Mike Vick, he was exciting to watch and really put Atlanta on the map again.  It was frustrating to see that he didn't apply himself with having all the talent and potential in the world. 

When the Falcons lost because teams kept Vick from running and he wasn't a good enough passer to beat them you can betcha *** it was frustrating. He had so much potential. He's the most physically gifted person to ever play in the NFL.

2 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I need to go back and watch that game one of these days. I never saw it live. Missed so much stuff that year cause I didn't have power and was homeless at other times.

I need to go back and watch it myself. I did watch it live at the time. It was a sight to behold.