2 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Dude, I like you, but it's getting old.

It always goes on here. Just because you criticize Matt for something, then anytime any other player does the same thing, Matt always has to be brought up as if it excuses him because somebody else did it. I’m not talking about somebody else, I’m talking about Ryan. It doesn’t matter what anybody else does or doesn’t do. The comments got old along time ago.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He sure can. Just give him 13 years!

His girlfriend lives there

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣   🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣  🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

How do you think the vast majority of the people on this board feel when Ryan gets trashed consistency for every bad thing that happens and that having a "mobile" QB would prevent all this stuff from happening? Having threads routinely get derailed and numerous new threads pop up during every game. It got old 10 years ago!

Ryan hate started before he threw his first pass for the Falcons. He had an uphill battle the day he had to replace Vick, and fans still want that type of player back. Ima try to make that my only comment and go back to football...then again it is halftime so **** it. 😂 

Just now, fuego said:

It always goes on here. Just because you criticize Matt for something, then anytime any other player does the same thing, Matt always has to be brought up as if it excuses him because somebody else did it. I’m not talking about somebody else, I’m talking about Ryan. It doesn’t matter what anybody else does or doesn’t do. 

Matt Ryan could rush for 1000yds. if he wanted to.

11 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

We all know that. But we're talking strictly football

I think the two things are so intertwined you cannot really evaluate Vick the football player without acknowledging why he never evolved as a pocket passer.  My point was he could have been great at the deep balls, touch, reading defenses etc if he would have applied himself. 

Edited by insight
4 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

You cut just put bro on ignore.

I try not to ignore people on the boards. People usually have pretty good input. Just wish people would stay on topic.

A few weeks back I made a thread about Trey Sermon being a hidden gem...It turned into a Matt Ryan vs Justin Fields thread.

Edited by Snafu

Why does every ******* thread on this message board have to turn into a Matt Ryan thread?

It's almost impossible to even try to enjoy these forums anymore.

I believe it got started in this particular thread because Jackson got sacked. Ryan huggers want to equate that to mobility, and create the narrative that isn’t necessary. That being said, I love Ryan, and saying he isn’t mobile isn’t an indictment on his ability, it’s just stating a fact. These posters get really upset about this fact, and use any negative play done by a mobile QB as a reason as to why Ryan is better. 

10 minutes ago, insight said:

He biggest downfall was he didn't take his craft seriously.  The west coast offensive was a good fit for Vick but he was more interested in off field entertainment than reaching his full potential.  

Vick was so **** frustrating to watch. He'd take 1 step forward as a passer and you think "here we go" and then he'd immediately revert back to bad habits. There was the game against the Dolphins in 2005 when after the game he made a big deal about it in his postgame press conference talking about how he's a passer. Didn't have another good passing game the rest of the season. Then in 2006 he had the amazing back-to-back games against the Steelers and Bengals and then immediately laid an egg and was terrible against the Lions and Browns. Just no consistency in his passing game. Then late in 2006 he had another great passing game in a loss to the Cowboys. He had like 22 TD passes that year and half of them came in 3 games.

I try not to ignore people on the boards. People usually have pretty good input. Just wish people would stay on topic.

A couple few weeks back I made a thread about Trey Sermon being a hidden gem...It turned into a Matt Ryan vs Justin Fields thread.

Eh, its a thread about the playoffs and everyone is mentally stuck on QB...are you expecting anything else? Direct conversation to the plays themselves instead of quoting QB comparison then. It’ll help. Only way really.

3 minutes ago, insight said:

I think the two things are so intertwined you cannot really evaluate Vick the football player without acknowledging why he never evolved as a pocket passer.  My point was he could have been great at the deep balls, touch, reading defenses etc if he would have applied himself. 

He did put on a deep ball clinic in that one Monday night game when he was playing for the Eagles though. I think he almost threw for 400 yards.