NFL Wildcard Weekend Thread

Just now, 1989Fan said:

I agree it’s unlikely...but no way the 7-9 Seahawks beat the Saints way back when either. CHI offense is running hot right now

Difference was Seattle was home for that game. This game is in New Orleans. That makes a big difference. Not as much as before since it's not gonna be as loud as normal but still makes a difference.

3 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I 110% agree. I get called a hater for saying that Lamar is a lot more like Vick than people want to believe. Every time I watch him I fill like I've traveled back in time 15 years.

Not sure how anyone can refute the comparison really. His rushing alone, breaking Vicks records links the two. Also, not sure why anyone would look at the comparison as a negative.

1 minute ago, kenn.junior said:

idk if the bears defense come to play they can. Just like how the rams defense destroyed the seahawks offense the bears can destroy the saints offense 

Bears D has been regressing to end the year and are gonna be without Roquan Smith. Game is more than likely gonna be on their offense, although it was gonna be like that anyway. 

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

People mostly love him because of his running. Not a person on this planet that can convince me otherwise. 

When he was getting all that hype at Louisville I didn't fall for it. I said he was not a good passer and only looked good because Bobby Petrino's offense had guys running wipe open all over the place. Whenever Louisville played a good defense Lamar got exposed. But people fell for it.

4 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Bears D has been regressing to end the year and are gonna be without Roquan Smith. Game is more than likely gonna be on their offense, although it was gonna be like that anyway. 

Minus a week 17 beating from GB, the Bears offense has been fire since Mitchell became the QB 1 again (averaging over 35 ppg)

1 minute ago, AUTiger7222 said:

When he was getting all that hype at Louisville I didn't fall for it. I said he was not a good passer and only looked good because Bobby Petrino's offense had guys running wipe open all over the place. Whenever Louisville played a good defense Lamar got exposed. But people fell for it.

Same thing is happening in the NFL. He will forever slaughter bad defenses. 

1 minute ago, 1989Fan said:

**** yeah. I live in the middle of PIT fan base, so I would be thrilled to see them lose. 😁

Yeah that would be nice...I believe the only team in the NFC that can beat the chiefs will be the bills.. And I really love the bills and I love their Young quarterback.but watching the colts and the bills I have to say near the end I was really pulling for Philip Rivers. Problem with that is there's no way I don't believe the colts could have beat the chiefs. But what a fantastic game

Minus a week 17 beating from GB, the Bears offense has been fire since Mitchell became the QB 1 again 

But do you trust him against that Saints defense with the way they can get after the QB? I can easily picture Trubisky being pressured into a few interceptions today.

Minus a week 17 beating from GB, the Bears offense has been fire since Mitchell became the QB 1 again 

I’m really hoping we see Mitch somehow carve up New Orleans but I know it won’t happen. Who knows though, Cousins sucks in prime time and made plays to beat them last year. 

2 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Just not so much his rushing but his passing inconsistency. His lack of pocket awareness and taking really bad sacks because of his running around.

Not surprising, he was drafted in 2018 and still learning how to play at the NFL level.  Now if he doesn't grow and develop as the years progress then that speaks to his inability to grow and involve. It is interesting how people blame him, and not the offensive coordinator which is the excuse used for many other QB's shortcomings. 

Just now, AUTiger7222 said:

That could almost be said about literally every QB. It's up to coaches to develop him into a great QB. This is why I hope Urban Meyer doesn't destroy Lawrence or Fields if he goes to Jacksonville.