NFL Wildcard Weekend Thread

2 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Nope. You're thinking of 2002 when Steve McNair led the Titans to the AFCCG against the Raiders and lost. Collins was Titans QB in 2008 when they went 13-3 and lost in the divisional round to Steve McNair and the Ravens.

And nope, Brees didn't do it either. The year he led the Chargers to a 12-4 record and the playoffs in 2004 they lost to the Jets. That was the game where their kicker missed the FG in OT that would have won the game and then the Jets won on a FG.

D***, I'm losing it lol.

I usually remember all of this.

2 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Nah he apparently went 0-1 as a Charger. Found some pretty random names: Trent Dilfer, Mark Brunell, Mike Tomczack, and maybe a couple others I was too lazy to look up.

Those you mentioned plusCraig Morton, Jeff Hostetler, Tobin Rote, Jay Schroeder, Randall Cunningham, Jake Plummer, and Carson Palmer

26 minutes ago, JOEinPHX said:

Tirico made the point that the Bucs only beat one playoff team all year - a flukey win over GB. Doesn't bode well for Tampa.

I really don't see how any of the NFC south teams can getto win the NFC Championship

Edit: nvmd just realized if Saints win they host Bucs, so one will almost for sure at least get there

Just now, k-train said:

Those you mentioned plusCraig Morton, Jeff Hostetler, Tobin Rote, Jay Schroeder, Randall Cunningham, Jake Plummer, and Carson Palmer

A few of those games never won though. Im pretty sure Palmer never won in Cinci, hence Marvin Lewiss winless postseason record. Cunningham was in the NFC. Schroeder did. Not sure about the other guys.

7 minutes ago, k-train said:

Carson Palmer did not do it. He only won 1 playoff game ever and it was with the Cardinals. Randall Cunningham played a grand total 6 games at the tail end of his career with the Ravens so he didn't do it either. Tobin Rote didn't do it either. He played before the NFC/AFC merger in 1970.

1 minute ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I'm not expecting much from the Bears but the other two games look good. Hope the Browns missing Stefanski doesn't hurt them too bad.

I dunno....the bears have played some decent football the last month and they should have beaten the saints the first time that they played. The bears pass rush is going to need to be be on point

5 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I dunno....the bears have played some decent football the last month and they should have beaten the saints the first time that they played. The bears pass rush is going to need to be be on point

I don't trust Trubisky against that Saints defense. He didn't play in that game earlier this year. Also the Saints are playing a lot better now than they were then. The only thing helping the Bears is that the SuperDome won't be as loud as it normally would be for a playoff game there. Will make it easier for them to communicate.

2 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I don't trust Trubisky against that Saints defense. He didn't play in that game earlier this year. Also the Saints are playing a lot better now than they were then. The only thing helping the Bears is that the SuperDome won't be as loud as it normally would be for a playoff game there. Will make it easier for them to communicate.

Trubisky is certainly the wild card.

There was a debate earlier today during the Rams/Seahawks game about Russell Wilson and the Seahawks playoff results over the last few years. Well here's the facts. The Seahawks were 6-1 in Russell Wilson's first 7 playoff games. In Wilson's last 9 playoff games they're only 3-6 and 1-4 in the last 5. Whatever the reason may be, the Seahawks haven't had the same level of success since Pete Carroll's ill-fated call to pass from the 1 yard line to lose the Super Bowl against the Patriots. That was the beginning of that 3-6 mark.

2 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

There was a debate earlier today during the Rams/Seahawks game about Russell Wilson and the Seahawks playoff results over the last few years. Well here's the facts. The Seahawks were 6-1 in Russell Wilson's first 7 playoff games. In Wilson's last 9 playoff games they're only 3-6 and 1-4 in the last 5. Whatever the reason may be, the Seahawks haven't had the same level of success since Pete Carroll's ill-fated call to pass from the 1 yard line to lose the Super Bowl against the Patriots. That was the beginning of that 3-6 mark.

They also haven't had the LOB since then either. What a coincidence.

6 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

You cant trust Mitchell, but he has been money for the last 5 weeks or so. I think I heard the Bears are averaging like 35 PPG,and its the most they have averaged over a 4-5 game span since 1965 or something.

that has to be maddening, especially if they beat the Saints...because then what do you do with Trubisky? Resign him and and he goes back to the same ole Mitchell, or risk letting him leave and have a Tannehill resurgence and struggle to find a QB.

a team that draftsa guy maybe smart to sign him to a 3 year deal as a buffer/competition.

10 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

A few of those games never won though. Im pretty sure Palmer never won in Cinci, hence Marvin Lewiss winless postseason record. Cunningham was in the NFC. Schroeder did. Not sure about the other guys.

Yeah, went back & looked at the chart I saw last night & realized now that I am sober that I misread the info for Palmer & Cunningham

10 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Carson Palmer did not do it. He only won 1 playoff game ever and it was with the Cardinals. Randall Cunningham played a grand total 6 games at the tail end of his career with the Ravens so he didn't do it either. Tobin Rote didn't do it either. He played before the NFC/AFC merger in 1970.

You are correct. Todays sober eyes revealed last nights drunken lies after I took another look at the chart I saw.

So anyone else pumped for the Ravens Titans game???

So far we have seen 3 amazing games, which is refreshingfor wild card weekend. I think we are gonna see another great one at 1:00.

here is to hoping we can acknowledge the great offense we may see without using it as an indictment againstour own player(s).

And how about the Browns...they just cant win can they?Finally get to the playoffs and they have to roll out backup players and coaches and working on one day of practice...****.

curious which PIT team shows up...the 11-0 team or the one that looked flat down the stretch...

6 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

And how about the Browns...they just cant win can they?Finally get to the playoffs and they have to roll out backup players and coaches and working on one day of practice...****.

curious which PIT team shows up...the 11-0 team or the one that looked flat down the stretch...

The one that looked flat almost won with Mason Rudolph against a Browns team that actually had their HC, so I dont think it really matters which one shows up lol.

2 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

The one that looked flat almost won with Mason Rudolph against a Browns team that actually had their HC, so I dont think it really matters which one shows up lol.

Weren't the Browns still missing some key players?