NFL Wildcard Weekend Thread

2 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Actually looked like he had a guy open around the 1st down marker but when for the homerun. But the TV angle can be deceiving.

I went back and looked. He was wide open. Had a couple of guys running with him but if he puts it in there he catches it.

3 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I actually wonder how many have done it. I would say it's a pretty short list.

Yeah I cant think of many either. Most top QBs dont leave their team or often stay in conference when they do. Montana is the first that comes to my mind that has done it.

Edit:

Alex Smith is another. Both were chiefs and 49ers lol.

7 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Yeah I cant think of many either. Most top QBs dont leave their team or often stay in conference when they do. Montana is the first that comes to my mind that has done it.

Edit:

Alex Smith is another. Both were chiefs and 49ers lol.

Kerry Collins did it as well with the Panthers and Titans.

17 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Gotta say, Washington made this way more interesting than I thought they would, especially when you consider all their disadvantages heading into this game

Buc fans shouldn't be very confident in their chances going forward

Tirico made the point that the Bucs only beat one playoff team all year - a flukey win over GB. Doesn't bode well for Tampa.

3 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Kerry Collins did it as well with the Panthers and Titans.

Actually he didn't. Collins led the Titans to a 13-3 record and a division title and then promptly went 0-1 in the playoffs. I believe they lost to Steve McNair's Ravens.

1 minute ago, Atlantafan21 said:

If Packers can actually protect Rodgers, he should dice that secondary up. Sucks that Bakhtiari got injured though.

That OL was the best pass blocking unit by far for several years now. They should manage, but Bucs gonna blitz so.

3 minutes ago, JOEinPHX said:

Tirico made the point that the Bucs only beat one playoff team all year - a flukey win over GB. Doesn't bode well for Tampa.

I tried pointing out all season that I was never very impressed with the Bucs because of that stat that Tirico threw out there. Whenever they faced a playoff team they didn't play well.

3 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Actually he didn't. Collins led the Titans to a 13-3 record and a division title and then promptly went 0-1 in the playoffs. I believe they lost to Steve McNair's Ravens.

I thought the Titans lost in the AFCCG that year?

Oh, well. My memory failed me on that one.

I think Drew Brees won as both a Charger and Saint.

Just now, DonOfThemBirds said:

Nope. You're thinking of 2002 when Steve McNair led the Titans to the AFCCG against the Raiders and lost. Collins was Titans QB in 2008 when they went 13-3 and lost in the divisional round to Steve McNair and the Ravens.

And nope, Brees didn't do it either. The year he led the Chargers to a 12-4 record and the playoffs in 2004 they lost to the Jets. That was the game where their kicker missed the FG in OT that would have won the game and then the Jets won on a FG.

2 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

He can post the score if he wants to...its an active in game thread. Its not breaking any rules. If you dont like what he posts than put him on ignore

Exactly. Thank you. No one else has a problem with it and I only did it when the score changed or it was the end of a quarter and I don't believe I did it for every scoring play either. People post in the game threads that aren't actively watching the games and it's easier for them to see the score here then to run and try to find it somewhere else. It doesn't hurt anyone and I believe it adds to the game experience.

3 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Nah he apparently went 0-1 as a Charger. Found some pretty random names: Trent Dilfer, Mark Brunell, Mike Tomczack, and maybe a couple others I was too lazy to look up.