NFL Wildcard Weekend Thread

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

Gurley would have been tackled for. 3 yard gain

I've tried all season to point that out to people. They just automatically say it doesn't matter who we've got a RB because of the blocking and play calling but I point out that Hill and Smith both averaged over 4 yards per carry in the exact same situation. But that just gets ignored.

4 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

Gotta question Tomlin for that punt

I disagree. Pittsburgh had all the momentum at that point with a chance to pin them inside the 5 TD line and with plenty of time left. If they went for it and didn’t make it you’d be questioning the wisdom of going for it for the reasons I mentioned 

Pittsburgh still gonna win this game 

Edited by Michael Scott

1 minute ago, Jesus said:

Always question a punt at 4th and 1 at midfield when your QB is over two yards tall.

On 4th and 5 or less from near midfield or across I would always go for it. Numbers back that up too. Your chances of winning actually decreases with a punt in those situations. The math don't lie.

Just now, AUTiger7222 said:

I've tried all season to point that out to people. They just automatically say it doesn't matter who we've got a RB because of the blocking and play calling but I point out that Hill and Smith both averaged over 4 yards per carry in the exact same situation. But that just gets ignored.

Umhm

Gurley had 189 carries and averaged what 3.3 

Ito and Hill had like 160 between the 2 and collectively averaged 4.4.

That tells me that it is not the scheme...nor is it the blocking.

Just now, AUTiger7222 said:

On 4th and 5 or less from near midfield or across I would always go for it. Numbers back that up too. Your chances of winning actually decreases with a punt in those situations. The math don't lie.

Show those numbers please. You are dead wrong