Jump to content

I don't want a black coach...


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

If you don't care what color he is, why is the thread titled I don't want a black coach? You obviously care about something. Maybe it's who you're tap dancing for.

Like just think about what you just said... I don't care what color the coach is. It upsets me that this franchise is deliberately going after a black coach.

Who cares what color he is. I want the best guy for the job. I'm not interested in representation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Don™ said:

Yup, that's why they've interviewed Staley, Hackett, Smith and Saleh. Three white guys and one Lebanese guy.

It'll probably be a black GM and non black HC from what I've been reading.

Just look for the best guy. That's all I ask.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WhiskeyBruh said:

Just look for the best guy. That's all I ask.

They are man. I believe Arthur wants to give minority coaches a chance to at least interview and if they impress, then so be it. There's too many examples in the NFL and other companies of the good ole boys club. Hiring and rehiring the same dudes, most of which happen to be white and overlooking other coaches that just need a shot to succeed. It's a comfort thing. It's who you know. It's who your coworker knows. It's who you hang with. When teams and organizations say they want diversity, this is what I am talking about. They want diversity of thought and different perspectives. Sometimes it comes from a colored coach who just needs a shot and not the Dirk Koetter retreads who keep getting too many shots. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Don™ said:

They are man. I believe Arthur wants to give minority coaches a chance to at least interview and if they impress, then so be it. There's too many examples in the NFL and other companies of the good ole boys club. Hiring and rehiring the same dudes, most of which happen to be white and overlooking other coaches that just need a shot to succeed. It's a comfort thing. It's who you know. It's who your coworker knows. It's who you hang with. When teams and organizations say they want diversity, this is what I am talking about. They want diversity of thought and different perspectives. Sometimes it comes from a colored coach who just needs a shot and not the Dirk Koetter retreads who keep getting too many shots. 

Haha, you said colored, not me. 😛 But yeah, I'm all for looking around for new talent. I just don't care what color they are.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, WhiskeyBruh said:

Shut up. You can't read.

 

12 minutes ago, WhiskeyBruh said:

This isn't for people who FAILED reading comprehension.

In fairness you worded the title poorly.  It should have been “I don’t want a coach simply because he’s black.”  Stating “I don’t want a black coach” insinuates you don’t want a black coach wether they are good or bad, period.  I know what you meant, but it’s not people who can’t read, your title is misleading and honestly kind of click bait.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rings said:

 

In fairness you worded the title poorly.  It should have been “I don’t want a coach simply because he’s black.”  Stating “I don’t want a black coach” insinuates you don’t want a black coach wether they are good or bad, period.  I know what you meant, but it’s not people who can’t read, your title is misleading and honestly kind of click bait.

You understood what I meant. That is all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, WhiskeyBruh said:

Like why the **** are Anthony Lynn and Marvin Lewis in the conversation? They're losing coaches. I don't want them here just cause they're black.

That's crazy.

You don't even know what you're talking about, nobody has reported those two being linked to us at all. On top of that Eric B and Morris are the only two black coaches the team has interviewed, with Bowles scheduled for an interview next week. The team has interviewed Joe Brady, Saleh, Hackett, and have Arthur Smith scheduled next week and there's been reported interested in Staley as well. Based off the candidates that have been interviewed I'm not sure what makes you feel the team is only interested in a coach because of the color of their skin. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a black guy too and as much as I'd love for us to be represented more in the league front offices and coaching ranks, if a white guy is a better fit for us, then hire him. I'm glad Blank is making a concerted effort to look for minority candidates because they do tend to be passed over and there are examples of excellent black coaches all over football (Tomlin, Flores, etc). I've been rooting for Rick Smith for GM since October so hopefully that will be a great minority hire for us. I'll trust them to make the right decision on HC. Right now, I'm leaning towards Arthur Smith after doing some research.

Edited by ATLSAGE
Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair a lot of the coaches being linked to us by the media haven’t and probably won’t be interviewed. I’m a little in the middle on this topic. I can see the good ol boys club argument but I think that’s just a product of circumstances (who ya know) as opposed to skin color strictly. I definitely don’t want any type of discrimination period. If you work hard at your craft and master it you deserve an opportunity period. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...