You can tell that the Falcons are going to try to keep Matt Ryan until he retires.

On 1/8/2021 at 11:28 PM, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Guys like Greg Roman and Brian Daboll haven't been interviewed and they are reportedly not interested in Eric Bienemy. Those are all guys that may want a new mobile QB right away.

I'm sure the Atlanta sports curse will find a way to bite is in the rear end no matter which direction we go in. 😂

Its obvious that you haven't been keeping up, the Falcons never said they didnt want EB and has been reported that EB had a strong interview with Falcons and I believe if I am not mistaken, he is one of the top candidates. Not sure you got information from.

https://www.sportstalkatl.com/report-eric-bieniemy-had-a-strong-interview-with-falcons/

On 1/9/2021 at 12:12 PM, Falcons Fan MVP said:

D-Led said he believes it's going to be GM Rick Smith and HC Arthur Smith. That definitely means we a rolling with Matt Ryan. He said McKay is most comfortable with Rick Smith because they have history.

Article??

On 1/9/2021 at 12:20 PM, Falcons Fan MVP said:

D-Led said it might not be the best idea to hire someone just because you're comfortable with him. But a lot of people think Arthur Smith is the best coach for Matt Ryan.

Again, where is the article

9 hours ago, NorthGaBoy said:

There is no QB in the history of the game that could take the Falcons to the playoffs under Dirk Koetter.  And, he was not the only problem.  Even rah rah Quinn could have been successful if he had competent coaching under him and he let them do their jobs.  But with Koetter, Chris Morgan, and the ST coach we had early this season, no one was going to make the playoffs.

It is ashamed that fans who hate Ryan cannot see this.  They are denying themselves the opportunity to appreciate the greatest QB the Falcons have had.  I hope they are bewildered in a couple of years if we get things turned around.

If I am not mistaken, Ryan went to the playoffs more than once with DK as OC

1 hour ago, blknoble357 said:

If I am not mistaken, Ryan went to the playoffs more than once with DK as OC

I was referring to the current version of DK.  While I did not like him during his first stint as OC, and did not believe he was HC material while in Tampa, I think what he did this time around eclipsed all of that.  Multiple receiver sets that required everyone to take 5-6 seconds to get clear, receivers running to the same spots, throwing deep time and again when it was not working, etc.  I can go on and on, but we just saw the worst version of DK.

On 1/9/2021 at 8:25 AM, Spts1 said:

The statement was " NO ROOKIE HEAD COACH WANTS TO TAKE A CHANCE WITH A ROOKIE QUARTERBACK."  If they NEEDED a quarterback, there were FIFTEEN free agent quarterbacks on the market the year the Falcons selected Matt Ryan. That means the head coach and GM felt it was better to draft the ROOKIE Matt Ryan vs rebuilding with the available free agent quarterbacks.  So, it would NOT be a new thing if a rookie HC came into this organization with a ROOKIE quarterback through the draft.  

How about quoting the part where I said “they’d take a QUALITY PROVEN vet...” oh, I guess it didn’t work to fit your agenda. 

8 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

If they are very confident that the QB they are drafting is the next Russ Wilson or Peyton Manning then yes. Trevor Lawrence is the only QB I would draft under the circumstances. 

That Trevor Lawrence point died the moment Fields bust Clemson ***, actually it never was a valid point ...we saw Zach Wilson so his thing too

21 hours ago, Slumerican said:

These guys cant comprehend.. If Ryan is as great as they say he is, this should be the last chance to draft a decent replacement for Ryan in the future.. Obviously, because when Ryan gets a new HC and OC we'll be superbowl contenders years to come.. By thier analysis we'll be picking at the end of the first round until Ryan retires.. So see what im saying, thier hypocrisy never ends.. No need to draft a qb while we're in the perfect position, and if Ryan is about to lead us to the promise land we wont have a chance to grab a young franchise qb for the teams future.. I just cant understand how some of these guys believe they know so much, but yet post so shallow statements that just dosnt add up in the end.. Idk

I just love the way you pretend how those who come to MR’s defense are “unable to comprehend” and “always say how great he is”... lmfao!

First of all, if simply being fair & honest about how valuable an asset he has been to the team, means we’re out of touch, then I’d say you are the one that is unable to comprehend what’s really happening.

If calling out folks for lying about MR & being unfair about his talents makes me some sort of over the top homer then so be it.  Defending his legacy & abilities is usually done after unfair attacks by haters who have a perverted agenda of hatred & you dam well know it.  Where is your sensibility in being honest about our QB & what he’s meant to the franchise.

How do you plan on treating the next heir to the QB position for our team?  Will he fit your ultra high standard?  Will you forgive his talent flaws?  Will he be the right color or run a 40 or read a defense or lead the team to your satisfaction?  God I sure hope so brother.  Because I know right now that he won’t deserve the same criticism & bull crap the Ryan has gotten over the years that’s for sure.

I know one thing. I’ll try to get behind the new guy the best I can because I will be pulling for him no matter what he brings to the table.  If he has 3/4 of the career Ryan has had then he’ll surely have done well when he hangs em up.

Knock off this “homer” bs attack on everyone who supports him. How bout that?  Stop PRETENDING that we don’t see MR’s flaws too man. We do. I do.  I too get frustrated with Ryan at times & would like to see more athleticism on our next choice. But I’ll still continue to be fair about it & not undermine his contributions & talents.

Surely you realize there has been a concerted effort to apply a very biased, unwarranted, & highly dishonest agenda against Ryan. To say otherwise would be disingenuous.  

@HASHBROWN3bro, you just quoted one of the easier to spot sleeper agents of “QB is the problem AND the solution” that masquerades themselves “QB isn’t the problem BUT it hasn’t been the solution!” :lol:

And their reasoning is a false narrative you can’t build a team around a QB on a franchise deal.

Mentally broke. Move along.

“The ONLY one not held accountable is Ryan!” :doh:

Meanwhile, defense, run game and coaching has been worse over the course of Ryan-era Falcons...but people want to be geniuses and not see the forest for the trees. ;)

Every team needs good out of all phases to win year to year.

^Getting by with less pieces is not the same as those pieces not showing up at all.

Hiring Dirk is unacceptable.

Not having a defense under DQ is unacceptable.

Having a run game all of a couple years since Turner got washed up is unacceptable.

Abraham being the last good rush DE we have had is unacceptable.

Missing on draft picks and FA since 2016 ended is why we sucked in addition to poor coaching choices.

Poe was good for 2017 but we hired Sark and had a slew of injuries the year after.

3 years without a run game. Defense showed up this year as the season went along but we have been stuck with mediocre offensive output coupled with at times an overachieving defense. Dirk should’ve been out with DQ after the 0-5 with horrible blown leads once again; when running the ball or defense is supposed to close games. Too big of a hole to climb out of.

A good offseason; FA and draft, into 2016 lead to a SB with the right mix of coaching. The draft of 2017, FA after 2018 as well and no direction at OC post-Kyle undermined all of that.

2 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

@HASHBROWN3bro, you just quoted one of the easier to spot sleeper agents of “QB is the problem AND the solution” that masquerades themselves “QB isn’t the problem BUT it hasn’t been the solution!” :lol:

And their reasoning is a false narrative you can’t build a team around a QB on a franchise deal.

Mentally broke. Move along.

“The ONLY one not held accountable is Ryan!” :doh:

Meanwhile, defense, run game and coaching has been worse over the course of Ryan-era Falcons...but people want to be geniuses and not see the forest for the trees. ;)

Every team needs good out of all phases to win year to year.

^Getting by with less pieces is not the same as those pieces not showing up at all.

Hiring Dirk is unacceptable.

Not having a defense under DQ is unacceptable.

Having a run game all of a couple years since Turner got washed up is unacceptable.

Abraham being the last good rush DE we have had is unacceptable.

Missing on draft picks and FA since 2016 ended is why we sucked in addition to poor coaching choices.

Poe was good for 2017 but we hired Sark and had a slew of injuries the year after.

3 years without a run game. Defense showed up this year as the season went along but we have been stuck with mediocre offensive output coupled with at times an overachieving defense. Dirk should’ve been out with DQ after the 0-5 with horrible blown leads once again; when running the ball or defense is supposed to close games. Too big of a hole to climb out of.

A good offseason; FA and draft, into 2016 lead to a SB with the right mix of coaching. The draft of 2017, FA after 2018 as well and no direction at OC post-Kyle undermined all of that.

Yeah man, this bull crap agenda just insults everyone’s intelligence.

It takes a lot of arrogance to try to pass off their nonsense while thinking folks will buy into it.

Their entire false narrative have failed miserably for years & I think they just cannot handle the truth.  They’re too far invested into their fake ********.