You can tell that the Falcons are going to try to keep Matt Ryan until he retires.

1 hour ago, 1989Fan said:

Don’t half *** it...post the list of the great 15 QB UFA class, which included our own two QBs in Redman and Leftwich. 😁

does anyone feel the scenario in 08 was the same as the team having Matt Ryan now?

Rank 
Name Current Team Status
1. Rex Grossman Chicago Bears Signed extension with Bears
2. Daunte Culpepper Oakland Raiders  
3. Byron Leftwich  Atlanta Falcons   
4. Josh McCown Oakland Raiders Signed with Dolphins
5.  David Carr  Carolina Panthers  Signed with Giants 
6. Quinn Gray Jacksonville Jaguars  
7. Cleo Lemon Miami Dolphins Signed with Jaguars
8. Shaun Hill San Fransisco 49ers Signed extension with 49ers
9. Billy Volek San Diego Chargers Signed with Chargers
10. J.T. O’Sullivan Detroit Lions Signed with 49ers
11.  Gus Frerotte St. Louis Rams   
12.  Kelly Holcomb  Minnesota Vikings   
13. Marques Tuiasosopo New York Jets  
14.  Trent Green  Miami Dolphins  Signed with Rams 
15. Chris Redman Atlanta Falcons Signed with Falcons

I see 14 quarterbacks in the playoffs, none named Matt Ryan.. 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How is this for a hot take: Maybe Matt Ryan is a good QB. The end.

If Matt Ryan had exciting runs but threw 30 INT's a season I think alot of this fanbase would be happy keeping him forever. 

And how the heck do you know that?  I agree he is gonna be here, but the idea they are only interviewing coaches that would be a good fit is nuts. The Bowles scenario being for Matt is the richest t

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

95 percent of the coaches that they've interviewed would be coaches that would almost certainly want to work with Matt Ryan.

Saleh and Raheem are both paired with offensive coordinators that would use the West coast offense, Arthur Smith and Nathaniel Hackett would be a good fit for Matt Ryan, Todd Bowles would be focused on fixing the defense while Matt did his thing. 

Why or how can you even think this?? Did you just not watch the disastrous season Ryan just had?? I cant believe any coach would say "yeah, I want Ryan as QB in the red zone".. Do you not understand why all commentators basically laugh at Ryan?? 

3 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

Why or how can you even think this?? Did you just not watch the disastrous season Ryan just had?? I cant believe any coach would say "yeah, I want Ryan as QB in the red zone".. Do you not understand why all commentators basically laugh at Ryan?? 

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO!!!! If you think Matt Ryan just had a disastrous season you clearly did not watch the games. Point blank end of discussion truth. Just admit that you hate Matt Ryan and refuse to look at him objectivity and save the rest of us time and effort responding to you.

7 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO!!!! If you think Matt Ryan just had a disastrous season you clearly did not watch the games. Point blank end of discussion truth. Just admit that you hate Matt Ryan and refuse to look at him objectivity and save the rest of us time and effort responding to you.

Nah man, Ryan totally sucks.. He has some of the best receivers in the league and cant make anything happen.. Every team knows let Ryan dink and dunk between the 20s and he cant complete a pass in the red zone.. Ryan is a smart qb, but he has absolutely no talent or physical ability 

26 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

A creative offensive coordinator could fix that

95 percent of the coaches that they've interviewed would be coaches that would almost certainly want to work with Matt Ryan.

Saleh and Raheem are both paired with offensive coordinators that would use the West coast offense, Arthur Smith and Nathaniel Hackett would be a good fit for Matt Ryan, Todd Bowles would be focused on fixing the defense while Matt did his thing. 

I guess if he wants to work in the announcer's booth for the rest of his life... Then yeah. Why not? 

14 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

Nah man, Ryan totally sucks.. He has some of the best receivers in the league and cant make anything happen.. Every team knows let Ryan dink and dunk between the 20s and he cant complete a pass in the red zone.. Ryan is a smart qb, but he has absolutely no talent or physical ability 

So you decided to double down on your terrible take? Jeez!! This is bad. Really bad.

30 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

If I ever needed to be reminded why I have that user muted, that take is reason enough.😄

2 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

DeShaun Watson isn't in the playoffs either.

Critical thinking isn't a "thing" for some fans. :shrug:

I mean, when Brees and the Saints; WITH the modern offensive genius of Sean Payton as captain of the ship, go 7-9 for 3 straight seasons...I wonder what it took to get back to the playoffs?

Almost like drafting a defense worked. Almost like drafting a RB and building a superior OL worked. The got a good defense and run game after Brees couldn't carry them...despite being with the same genius OC.

Ryan gets the Sarks and Dirks of the world with no RB production and predictable plays...complimented by USUALLY bottom tier defense. This year was different though...too bad DQ spotted us 0-5 and the offense got worse this year from the Dirk re-hiring.

Oh, these coaches can only work with older QBs? They can't teach a rookie QB their system? If that's the case, they shouldn't be a HC. 

This doesn't prove anything except the FO is doing what they said they would do and are looking at everyone. You also forgot EB and Joe Brady...

27 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

and this is the NFL, not 1:1 basketball. 
question and I promise I am not being an ***...do you think this same team and coaches but with Lamar Jackson is a playoff team?

Hmm, obviously it seems like the same qb's make the playoffs every season give or take 2..maybe that's just coincidence, but i have to believe its more talent at qb will lead to consistent playoff appearances