[THROWBACKS] Jerious Norwood Highlights

I'm not sure if I've ever shared this story here before but I like it so I'm going to share it now. Back in 2012 I was working in Flowery Branch at a local office supply store. We would get the occasional player or Falcons employee in the store and I would tend to recognize them and my co-workers knew I was a huge Falcons fan.

So one day for whatever reason, one of the girls asked me over the radios if a guy sitting over in our print center using the fax machine was a football player. I make my way over there out of curiosity. He's sitting there with his head down maybe looking at his phone, I can't get a good look at his face though. He's got short hair. So I start to walk away without any information. I notice as I'm walking away, he's wearing shorts and I see his legs. I kid you not, I said in the radio "I don't know who that is but he's got Jerious Norwood's legs" and I walk away.

Maybe ten minutes later I'm at the front of the store and he comes up to check out, now I can see his face and I realize "holy ****, it is actually Jerious Norwood". He had cut his dreads since I last saw him, I believe 2011 was his last season with us and he was a free agent currently. So I talk to him and acknowledge who he is and even tell him that I recognized his legs, weird in hindsight, but he just laughed and accepted that he does have chicken legs. He was very friendly. He went outside to wait on his ride, they had dropped him off and went somewhere else I guess. The girl I mentioned before went outside and asked for his autograph, he obliged of course being the nice guy that he is. And signed for a few of us as well. Sadly just on blank sheets of paper.

He would come back several times over the next few months to use the fax, as he had started his own business. He said he had a try out with Green Bay but that never happened. He eventually signed with a CFL team I believe. Also, it turned out that he thought sending faxes was free and hadn't paid for them in his visits lol. I mentioned it to him eventually, even though I didn't want to, he offered to pay for the past ones but of course I said not to worry about that. He stopped coming in after that which is why I didn't want to say anything. 

2 hours ago, Dem Birds said:

Also, it turned out that he thought sending faxes was free and hadn't paid for them in his visits lol. I mentioned it to him eventually, even though I didn't want to, he offered to pay for the past ones but of course I said not to worry about that. He stopped coming in after that which is why I didn't want to say anything. 

This part is hilarious to me.  😆

But yeah, he was probably a little embarrassed about that.

Man ole crazy legs was a bad dude so smooth in his gliding and if he hit open field it was a wrap.  I gotta admit i forgot that he finished alot of his runs with a bit of power looking for a bit of contact.  Loved watching him and in 2008 him and Turner were god tier level running game for us.  Making Ryans job and introduction to the nfl about as smooth and easy as a QB could dream of.

3 hours ago, fuego said:

I loved him but sometimes he would go down so easy, and those thin legs looked they were going to snap every time somebody hit them. ^_^

I remember wondering at the time if he had something wrong with his shoes/cleats because it looked like he was slipping all the time when other people weren't.

Once upon a time, the Falcons were not crazy about photographs.  I took a seriously good camera and lense to FB with a monopod.  I took a few hundred shots and as I was going through them, I noticed something.  There were grass fragments in a small cloud behind each of Norwoods feet.  I looked at the other players, nope, no grass.  I went through all the Norwood photos, and sure enough, there were grass fragments sent airborne behind each foot.  The guy could churn those chicken legs.

I returned to FB and was questioned about my camera, my affiliation with other teams, etc.  I was told that under no circumstances could I put my camera on a monopod.  That was strictly against the rules.  I never knew what situation precipitated the new rule, but the guys who told me seemed very annoyed, maybe even angry and aggressive.  BTW, I am not a professional photographer and did not sell or publish any of my photos.