Jump to content

Mock Draft..Last chance to give Matt Ryan a Legitimate Opportunity to win a Superbowl


Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

If he was projected that low last year it was solely because there were a several studs and a half dozen more solid prospects in last year's draft. I think that played into his decision more than what hes said.

He battled injuries all year long. Dude was the nation's leading rusher in 2019 with nearly 2100 yards I think. He may not be a feature back but he is as solid of a rotational runner as it comes. He has elite speed which is rare in the backfield. I dont know much about his pass pro but he is definitely not a day 3 pick. 4.35-4.42 guys that put up 2,100 yards in a healthy season  aren't around in the 5th round unless they have serious mental or health concerns.

I'm not the president of his fan club but I'll put some respect on his athletic abilities and what hes accomplished.

draft grade for a prospect has nothing to do with how many other similarly ranked players exist, but it was probably a easy conclusion to draw that hes both ranked middle of the road and theres 5-7 guys in front. Etienne and Harris likely drew the same conclusions, at least for one of them going back to school worked out. 

Besides pass blocking issues, does he have any moves besides run in a straight line? like watch these highlights, I only see one move that works but its not a great scheme that translates to the next level where the defensive talent is 2-4 times as good. He is slow going east-west or changing direction(3:20 is a good example below) and his hands are average. To me he doesn't have a good base either but maybe thats coachable. Just feel like ANY back would break those long runs with those holes.

I will say, if we run a pure Zone scheme with the new staff I can see him working out for us, his one somewhat special trait is 1 cut and go, I just don't see him being the best back available in the 3rd round. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's good Dirty Birds 1st mock of the season? Did two trades in the 1st. 1st trade: chargers  get#4  took OT Penei Falcons get #13, #47and 2022 1st. 2nd Trade Bears get #13 took

Matt Ryan's last chance to win a SB only comes if we trade him to a contender. He isn't going to win one staying here. Our team is crippled by the cap and underperforming contracts. We're about to hav

I picked Hubbard to pair with a free agent RB

Posted Images

1 hour ago, GATXBOI said:

With Davidson yes and no he played it at Auburn but not full time more of a 3-4 end 

As for taking Parsons we need picks and sitting on prime real estate at #4 to get a nice handful like 3-4 total picks off one pick

 

I’m all for a trade down and I’m always for picks in the draft we are in now. That’s why In my mock I took twyman and Nixon. You can’t take guys like that for granted saying oh we can possibly build depth next year when you can if the opportunity is provided do it now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Abeasley27 said:

I’m all for a trade down and I’m always for picks in the draft we are in now. That’s why In my mock I took twyman and Nixon. You can’t take guys like that for granted saying oh we can possibly build depth next year when you can if the opportunity is provided do it now. 

 I know That's right cuz that is two studs. I been watching film on Rousseau and Ossai and I am liking Ossai as a True edge or 3-4 olb he does drop in coverage.

As for Rousseau he is at his best when he is lined up over center seriously. At 6'7 260 his edge presence is bare minimum. But when it is passing situations Miami always put him inside.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Libid21 said:

How are you going to claim that you're giving Matt Ryan a legitimate shot when you pass up on a talent like Sewell if he's there...?

I'm going to say this for the world to hear..Sewell is a generational talent for sure, BUT the Atlanta Falcons don't need Sewell , we don't even need a Tackle. Sewell is a want. Why in the world would you take Matthews or McGary and move either to guard. Both are built to play tackle. Guard and RB are our only needs on offense as long as Matt and Julio are on this roster. 

There is no reason why we should be drafting anybody at #4 we need a mother haul. Not like 2016 and not like 2020. A major haul Defense mainly a RB and a guard. I clearly addressed every need and looked towards the future with Mond. I wouldn't dare draft a WR. Not even UDFA I want to see what Chris Rowland got.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GATXBOI said:

I'm going to say this for the world to hear..Sewell is a generational talent for sure, BUT the Atlanta Falcons don't need Sewell , we don't even need a Tackle. Sewell is a want. Why in the world would you take Matthews or McGary and move either to guard. Both are built to play tackle. Guard and RB are our only needs on offense as long as Matt and Julio are on this roster. 

There is no reason why we should be drafting anybody at #4 we need a mother haul. Not like 2016 and not like 2020. A major haul Defense mainly a RB and a guard. I clearly addressed every need and looked towards the future with Mond. I wouldn't dare draft a WR. Not even UDFA I want to see what Chris Rowland got.

You don't just pass up on generational talents, my man.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Libid21 said:

You don't just pass up on generational talents, my man.

Matthews is Very Serviceable and McGary is young. Same excuse I have for Matt. I have for every player on this offense 

STOP CHANGING THE SCHEME every season

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO, WE need to treat this DRaft like it's the last one we will ever have..  WE need at least two top DEs and a couple of DTs that are highly gifted.. If we didn't get anything else in the Draft.. WE need these players..  Then thirdly IMO we should get a couple of top OL.. Without taking care of these needs.. You can forget us going anywhere next season. WE should go all out to assemble a team that could have a chance to be the best next season. And without the needs I've mentioned.. you can forget going anywhere next year.

And about the OL,, We IMO should go out and find the very best Vet OL we can find , That would give us 4 OL that we could choose which ones could take care of Ryan and the other ones can be very good backups.. weather it be drafted OL or VETs that we bring in.. Gives us a chance to win big next year.. So many times the FO over thinks,, Keep it simple F.O.   Don't over think ,, just do what needs to be done to fill our weakest holes on this team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

IMO, WE need to treat this DRaft like it's the last one we will ever have..  WE need at least two top DEs and a couple of DTs that are highly gifted.. If we didn't get anything else in the Draft.. WE need these players..  Then thirdly IMO we should get a couple of top OL.. Without taking care of these needs.. You can forget us going anywhere next season. WE should go all out to assemble a team that could have a chance to be the best next season. And without the needs I've mentioned.. you can forget going anywhere next year.

And about the OL,, We IMO should go out and find the very best Vet OL we can find , That would give us 4 OL that we could choose which ones could take care of Ryan and the other ones can be very good backups.. weather it be drafted OL or VETs that we bring in.. Gives us a chance to win big next year.. So many times the FO over thinks,, Keep it simple F.O.   Don't over think ,, just do what needs to be done to fill our weakest holes on this team.

New front office I don't hold the past against them TD isn't making choices another. In saying that I agree I would totally find another Levitre/Chester type to fill LG. Defense and RB possible QB with this draft being stacked at QB.(not in1st).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...