• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol

He did. We got Koetter

I know what I wish.......

6 minutes ago, WisFalcon said:

Some times great leadership means keeping things in office... you all want them to talk to the media and public like that’s a good thing...

Very often, if not all the time leadership is not making your problems everyone else’s. The term leadership is often either misused, mis interpreted or simply not understood...primarily but people who aren’t leaders.

16 hours ago, blknoble357 said:

LOL!!  If Ryan did this, you would probably complain about letting ownership and the coaches do their jobs... and the players should just play...

14 minutes ago, WisFalcon said:

Some times great leadership means keeping things in office... you all want them to talk to the media and public like that’s a good thing...

Airing out you dirty laundry in public has cost people before.  Too many avenues for your dirty laundry to be aired makes sure everything you say is always recorded somewhere.  The gift that keeps on giving.

15 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

It seems like the biggest problem issue is that they said he would get input.....but they ended up shutting him out.

So I can get that frustration.

Yeah I think he reached out to his network and gave some names he would like as HC, and they haven't invited any of them for an interview. But he seems a little miffed about the GM hire too. That's way out of his league of input. 

1 minute ago, Gee-Q said:

LOL!!  If Ryan did this, you would probably complain about letting ownership and the coaches do their jobs... and the players should just play...

Nah, there are silent leaders and there are vocal leadership. As Ive throughout my military careers, there are various leadership traits; so of us choose passive aggressive and there are others who are just aggressive. Whichever trait is best for you is fine by me. However, there comes a moment in time that those passive agressors have to speak up in a forceful manner to ensure the message is getting across and things dont become stell, I truly believe this what happen to Mike Smith and Dan Quinn. Both Mora and Smith started out as aggressive leaders but soon after their styles changed and the wheels fell off. Look man, I dont care one way or another if Matt Ryan speaks up or not ( and he very well may have spoken to management) all I know is this, any competition isnt won by being passive aggressive, big corporations dont keep passive aggressive employees around if they arent producing, wars arent won will passive aggressive leadership. I just my QB and this team to start kick *** and taking names, and put their feet not the knee but their feet on the opponents throat and chest to win

30 minutes ago, QBat3 said:

You want the QB to shut up and play and not pick coaches, that backfired on LeBron, and on us with Koetty. Players make the worst GM's. 

I thought the notion that Ryan impacted the DK hire has been dispelled, saying he had no say on the decision...Am I wrong there?

I agree that players shouldn’t have a say in management decisions.

18 hours ago, Killing Floor said:

no I want him to lose his mind like Brady does. Or cry in a towel like Watson does. Losing sucks.  Is that just me?  
Don’t kick the cooler. That seems like a bad idea. 

I've seen Matt mad many times. He just never pitches a hissy in front of the camera. 

5 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

I thought the notion that Ryan impacted the DK hire has been dispelled, saying he had no say on the decision...Am I wrong there?

I agree that players shouldn’t have a say in management decisions.

Oh you’re right.. but I swear it gets regurgitated more than the term noodle arm.

21 hours ago, celtiksage said:

You know, living in Houston, the Texans are my second team, and yeah he's causing a bit of a stir around here about the way the hiring process is going.

It does seem pretty flaky, but hey, I got no problem with him putting in his two cents, but when it comes right down to it, he's a player. He doesn't have any say so in the way the owner runs his team or who he hires. Get your *** back in the locker room and shut up already.

That's the point tho, was it not his own front office that voices that they wanted his opinions and input on these things? And then not even take them into consideration or even an interview? You're the Houston native but the sports shows I've seen discussing this have all stated they asked for the input and just didn't really listen it it

15 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

That's the point tho, was it not his own front office that voices that they wanted his opinions and input on these things? And then not even take them into consideration or even an interview? You're the Houston native but the sports shows I've seen discussing this have all stated they asked for the input and just didn't really listen it it

They did do that, or they appear to be doing it (they haven't interviewed anyone he recommended for HC). But they haven't hired a HC either. I didn't expect he had input on the GM from what I've seen on the news, and he's got his panties in a wad about the GM. Of course, I've only been paying half attention. I'm more concerned about our Falcons and what they're doing.

Bottom line with Houston though, they let O'Brian have complete control, so their owners definitely don't make the best decisions. That should be in our favor. 

6 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

They did do that, or they appear to be doing it (they haven't interviewed anyone he recommended for HC). But they haven't hired a HC either. I didn't expect he had input on the GM from what I've seen on the news, and he's got his panties in a wad about the GM. Of course, I've only been paying half attention. I'm more concerned about our Falcons and what they're doing.

Bottom line with Houston though, they let O'Brian have complete control, so their owners definitely don't make the best decisions. That should be in our favor. 

Agreed more concerned about my birds, but I hate hearing people trying to change the narrative like the player is the issue. When the front asked for the input. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2021/01/07/deshaun-watsons-role-in-texans-gm-search-led-to-trade-buzz/amp/

But again, it was input on gm down, not just the coach..