Jump to content

Friday fun: Mock your top few picks, ‘if’


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I traded back with the Chargers.  

Okay, so let’s say the new staff does decide to move Matt and Julio post June 1. Consider them future picks. Use a sim for randomization, and show us your top 3-4 draft picks to start a rebuild. And t

Posted Images

I was determined to get some draft capital next year to setup leverage for 2022, so I traded completely out of the first round (its the Belechick in me)

image.png.915e4b90344bd5f195781319d17d37eb.pngimage.png.ad4e88db8eb2c00313e5a7561d297233.png

Of course I kept the 2022 Falcon first and second pick along the way.

****, thats addictive.

Edited by RetroRoq
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RetroRoq said:

I was determined to get some draft capital next year to setup leverage for 2022, so I traded completely out of the first round (its the Belechick in me)

image.png.915e4b90344bd5f195781319d17d37eb.pngimage.png.ad4e88db8eb2c00313e5a7561d297233.png

Of course I kept the 2022 Falcon first and second pick along the way.

****, thats addictive.

Yeah, it is! I sit and run them over and over, lol. I’ve tried that trading back endlessly. I feel like I get better overall quality a lot of times, even if I don’t get the star factor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2021 at 3:02 PM, Knight of God said:

Profootball is a fun website with the trades and such. Thats what I've been using as of late. They have players definitely falling later than I'd expect like with most mock draft websites but the trade aspect makes it interesting. Usually they're realistic too

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Foo Falcons said:

Profootball is a fun website with the trades and such. Thats what I've been using as of late. They have players definitely falling later than I'd expect like with most mock draft websites but the trade aspect makes it interesting. Usually they're realistic too

Yeah, I enjoy it. You can do a lot with it

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2021 at 8:19 PM, thanat0s said:

Yeah, it is! I sit and run them over and over, lol. I’ve tried that trading back endlessly. I feel like I get better overall quality a lot of times, even if I don’t get the star factor.

Well, I have learned one thing by playing FF,  And I won my league this year.. So it works and I know it would work in the Real Draft,, I believe in picking the top player in any position of need.. every time we get a top player in the draft at his position.. Will make our team have just one more advantage.. For example , with my first pick in FF,, I took TE Kelcie.. so right off the bat,, I have an advantage by having a TE that is like 3 times better than any team I'd play this last year.. Then I'd pick what ever position still had an obvious top player.. and etc ,, Until all the top players of each position was gone.. And I still got pretty good players even latter.. AFter I took all the top players left , then I'd have to take the 2nd best players,, etc,,  That is what gave me an advantage in every game. I know your saying this is Real NFL draft. Sure it is.. But there is no doubt in my mind,,  This works,, even in a real NFL draft..  Now I do know if you are in the same FF league.. you'll know my strategy ...  In most cases.. there are several players at many positions that are about the same..  Those are the players you should take if you have the chance the best player left. And I took my two QBs last.. And still won with Tenn's Tannehill, and I picked up Herbert.. which both had a very good FF year; 

   Now I'll say this.. if we are going to draft a QB in this draft. Which I'm good with what ever the FO decides.. But if we do take a QB,, that is a position we should take with our top pick,, #4. And IMO ,, I would try to trade up for Lawrence ... But if I couldn't get the top QB I'd take the best one I could get. But I'd probably be willing to pay what ever it took to get that #1 pick to get the best of the bunch. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Well, I have learned one thing by playing FF,  And I won my league this year.. So it works and I know it would work in the Real Draft,, I believe in picking the top player in any position of need.. every time we get a top player in the draft at his position.. Will make our team have just one more advantage.. For example , with my first pick in FF,, I took TE Kelcie.. so right off the bat,, I have an advantage by having a TE that is like 3 times better than any team I'd play this last year.. Then I'd pick what ever position still had an obvious top player.. and etc ,, Until all the top players of each position was gone.. And I still got pretty good players even latter.. AFter I took all the top players left , then I'd have to take the 2nd best players,, etc,,  That is what gave me an advantage in every game. I know your saying this is Real NFL draft. Sure it is.. But there is no doubt in my mind,,  This works,, even in a real NFL draft..  Now I do know if you are in the same FF league.. you'll know my strategy ...  In most cases.. there are several players at many positions that are about the same..  Those are the players you should take if you have the chance the best player left. And I took my two QBs last.. And still won with Tenn's Tannehill, and I picked up Herbert.. which both had a very good FF year; 

   Now I'll say this.. if we are going to draft a QB in this draft. Which I'm good with what ever the FO decides.. But if we do take a QB,, that is a position we should take with our top pick,, #4. And IMO ,, I would try to trade up for Lawrence ... But if I couldn't get the top QB I'd take the best one I could get. But I'd probably be willing to pay what ever it took to get that #1 pick to get the best of the bunch. 

It’s a great working method in FF, and when it comes to the draft, I’m a 100% bpa guy, except for the QB. Of course, unlike FF, the live draft is much more open to opinion on who is best.
 

I have no baseline pro stats to use for comparison. So, that’s where the due diligence comes in, and hoping our staff is good at putting together a big board. Honestly, I think a lot of the previous regime’s problem was falling in or out of love with guys rather than cold, objective assessments. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...