If the Falcons bring in a good coaching staff and nail the draft are they a super bowl contender next year?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not impossible, but highly unlikely. Not quite one in a million, but definitely something that ought to shock any reasonable person if it happens. 

No one thought we were going in 98 or 16, yet there we were. Having a surprise team getting there isn't all that unusual anymore. 

I expect the Falcons to make the playoffs next year. They've never missed the playoffs 4 years in a row since I've been a fan. I've been a fan since 1993.

3 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Not impossible, but highly unlikely. Not quite one in a million, but definitely something that ought to shock any reasonable person if it happens. 

I expect the Falcons to make the playoffs next year. They've never missed the playoffs 4 years in a row since I've been a fan. I've been a fan since 1993.

It is 100% about striking gold with our coach on the offense, like when we had Kyle. We can use the draft to load up the defense and hope we get a couple of gems, while mixing in a few low cost vet FAs. 

It doesn't matter if we are piling up sacks as long as we are getting pressure. We just need a defense capable of getting off the field on third down regularly. Because now? Lord...

2 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Realistically? Not really.  BUT, you cannot discount anything.  On any given sunday.  Lightning can strike on a season as well.  So really, you can never say never.

No one thought we were going in 98 or 16, yet there we were. Having a surprise team getting there isn't all that unusual anymore. 

52 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

It is 100% about striking gold with our coach on the offense, like when we had Kyle. We can use the draft to load up the defense and hope we get a couple of gems, while mixing in a few low cost vet FAs. 

It doesn't matter if we are piling up sacks as long as we are getting pressure. We just need a defense capable of getting off the field on third down regularly. Because now? Lord...

Hopefully Wade Phillips as DC

No, but we can be a playoff team. The NFC is pretty stacked compared to the AFC. You have three great teams in the Saints, Packers, and Bucs. The AFC has just the Chiefs right now.

With that said, Super Bowl contenders can come out of nowhere. I doubt anyone had us as a Super Bowl contender before the 2016 season.

A lot of people and myself included thought the Packers would come crashing down this season. They won a lot of close games last year and were fortunate to have the record they had. Instead, they went on to get even better and produce the top offense in football.

Not a chance...fringe playoff team at best.

That is the point of some here. If you are not a legit contender next year if everything goes right, and it's the Falcons so it won't. Why prolong the inevitable rebuild? I just don't get the mind set but open to hear what others say on this. Is it simply for Ryan and Jones to go out as legendary falcons over building for a SB?

1 hour ago, dapanch420 said:

Yeah we've got alot of talent and speed on defense. Oline is filled with first round talent. Good receiving core. Running backs are decent but they can get the job done under the right scheme. Probably not make the superbowl but i think we can be a very good team.

You lost me at "RB are decent". Our RB's are honestly the worst group in football and must me addressed with a high draft pick.

1 hour ago, thanat0s said:

That’s actually true. I’m pretty sure ESPN even ranked the Falcons as having the worst roster in the NFL heading into the 2016 season. SB contending is unlikely but not impossible. 

1 hour ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I think the Falcons are a 11-5 team next year and a dark horse super bowl contender if they bring in a good coaching staff and have a successful draft. A super bowl contender for sure by 2022.

Playoffs if we make the right moves and draft well, no question.   Super Bowl?   I wouldn't rule it out because we've hung with some Playoff heavyweights here at the end of this craptastic season, so an improved team with better coaching certainly could have a shot.   Once you make the Playoffs, anything can happen if the team gets on a roll.