• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have concerns about EB being the right guy to lead the Falcons moving forward.   His struggles the only time he called plays are well documented.  But let’s compare the two coordinators Everyon

And who can forget the Chiefs being completely shut down by an average Falcons defense.  That was an awful showing for EB

You can't say this and also say EB doesn't call the plays. Can't have it both ways.

12 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Not sure why people won’t accept that EB has had poor interviews...why is that harder to believe than some conspiracy theories? I have interviews plenty of people that had great resumes...then after talking with them for an hour left thinking WTH was that???

I can see why some believe it could be a conspiracy as there's a lack of specifics of what he's struggling with despite the sources being anonymous. I also don't think that's the case though.

I'm on board with you on the bad interviewee point. That's the same problem Mike Zimmer had for years.

On 1/7/2021 at 10:35 PM, FalconsIn2012 said:

I have concerns about EB being the right guy to lead the Falcons moving forward.   His struggles the only time he called plays are well documented.  But let’s compare the two coordinators

Everyone would agree that EB has far more talent across the board to work with than Smith.  It’s an embarrassment of riches.  Then look at Smith, who took a discarded QB and blended his skillset perfectly with a dominant run game.  The results speak for themselves.  The Titans franchise has been transformed into an NFL powerhouse.  Since Tannehill took over, here is the Smith vs EB comparison (23 Games):

I. Bieniemy:

• Rushing:  2,400 rush yards,

•. Passing:   7,300 passing yards,

• Redzone Scoring: 12th Overall

• Yards Per Point: 14.1

• Run Play Percent: 38% 23rd Overall

• Scoring Percent: 47% for 5th overall

II. Arthur Smith

• Rushing: 4,000 yards rushing

• Passing: 6,359 passing yards

• Redzone Scoring: 2nd Overall

• Yards Per Point: 12.9 

• Run Play Percent: 51% 3rd Overall

• Scoring Percent: 48% for 4th overall

My Biggest Takeaway: the Chiefs redzone scoring is a concern.  With all that talent the Chiefs are an average offense in the red area.  My gut says EB is a product of unique talent at every level of his offense.  On the other side Smith has outperformed Bieniemy in every meaningful stat and has done so with significantly less talent. This comparison is not even close if I’m being honest.

Basically stats. 

Dirk over the same period

Passing Yards 6877

Rushing Yards 2263

Points Per Game 34