Pat McAfee Reacts To Falcons Owner Saying Julio Jones and Matt Ryan Are Up To Be Traded

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He sells internet security software. 

Not everything Falcons related needs to be posted.

Pat McAfee is hilarious. I love his show. He has all the big names come in. Ian Rappaport, Adam Schefter, etc

4 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

I think it depends on the team. If Julio goes to a team like the Packers I can see him having a bigger impact than Ryan going to a team like the Colts. If Ryan were to go to a team like the 49ers, I can see him having a bigger impact than it Julio were to go to a team like the Patriots. 

The Packers and 49ers sure would be fun to watch. A little mea culpa to Rodgers and Ryan going back to full gangster mode with Shanahan. 

1 hour ago, DirtyBird2 said:

How do you get the videos to play like that? I feel like I've tried everything but the right thing (obviously)

I just clicked the share button on YouTube and pasted it in here and hit submit.  It did all the embedding.

56 minutes ago, falcndave said:

If the title of this thread is correct, some dude I've never heard of named Mcafee reacted to something AB never said?  Interesting. 

I mean, just because he (AB) didn't say their names, he said anyone is available to be traded as long as the new GM/HC has a plan that would immediately help the team win. It's been in interviews for weeks,  it was the first thing he said. It's just been finally picked up in enough national news to report it.

4 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

What’s funny is that between Ryan & Julio, MR would clearly have the greater impact on his new team.  He would immediately make the Dolphins, Bears, 49ers or Colts legitimate contenders to get homefield in the playoffs.  Ryan also isn’t an injury concern.

More the contract I think than anything else.

2 hours ago, falcndave said:

If the title of this thread is correct, some dude I've never heard of named Mcafee reacted to something AB never said?  Interesting. 

How have you never heard of him?  He was arguably the best punter for a while, recovered his own onside kick, has called games, announced draft picks and has shows and podcasts.  Dudes a legend.

2 hours ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

It would be in everyone's best interest to completely demolish this dumpster fire and start all over. 28-3 still reeks all over this team. Would be interesting to see Ryan and Julio on a different team. 

It's gonna be a complete mindf*** when Ryan and Julio get traded to New England and then win a Super Bowl as Patriots.

If I'm the new GM I'm definitely looking to off load those contracts (can't imagine either taking a pay cut). Seriously feel like both could garner 1st round picks from the right teams. Julio definitely will have a healthy market. Matt's market will depend on who else is available. Wentz for sure but philly's asking price may be too high, Dak could become available, No way Watson gets traded, more likely than not that stafford stays in detroit. Imagine being able to get both Justin Fields and Najee Harris 

12 hours ago, DirtyBird2 said:

I mean, just because he (AB) didn't say their names, he said anyone is available to be traded as long as the new GM/HC has a plan that would immediately help the team win. It's been in interviews for weeks,  it was the first thing he said. It's just been finally picked up in enough national news to report it.

Of course he did. He also said on a personal note he would like to keep both. Nothing Blank said was similar to placing Julio and Matt on the trading block, to use a baseball term. He just said he won't tie the hands of the next regime. 

10 hours ago, Rings said:

How have you never heard of him?  He was arguably the best punter for a while, recovered his own onside kick, has called games, announced draft picks and has shows and podcasts.  Dudes a legend.

lol. I've never heard of lots of relevant people. Many of the GM names being batted around...I probably couldn't pick more than 3 of them out of a lineup even if I had heard of them in passing.  

4 minutes ago, falcndave said:

lol. I've never heard of lots of relevant people. Many of the GM names being batted around...I probably couldn't pick more than 3 of them out of a lineup even if I had heard of them in passing.  

That’s fair lol

1 hour ago, falcndave said:

Of course he did. He also said on a personal note he would like to keep both. Nothing Blank said was similar to placing Julio and Matt on the trading block, to use a baseball term. He just said he won't tie the hands of the next regime. 

Right, so as media always does, they twisted words and ran with it. He wanted to keep both when the season was still going and they weren't meeting with anyone. He's not going to tell the new GM/HC that they are untouchable. 

It's not like McAfee came up with this out of the blue, it's finally just being reported (again) from the first time he said it. 

23 hours ago, PuppyMonster said:

It's not totally clear to me how Ryan's contract would work for another team that took him on. Would they essentially be taking on the remaining amount of his contract yet to be paid minus his dead cap hit? What does that look like?

No one ever really talks about trades like they have any clue what's going on.

It can be done, but Ryan would have to agree to some contract changes.. I made a post about this very subject at the start of this season.. 

On 1/7/2021 at 5:00 PM, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Trade them both in a package to indy. They will need a QB and WR1 after this year. With the rest of that roster that could be a super bowl for them. They have the cap space too.

Ryan is not going anywhere anytime soon.

On 1/7/2021 at 5:08 PM, 1989Fan said:

So they would rather Wentz or Stafford than Ryan in IND?

and I didn’t know that Watson was available...without him the Texans opening is a dumpster fire.

that said, how are they saying Ryan isn’t tradable because of his deal, but Wentz and Watson would be? Aren’t they both paid as much or more than Ryan?

Yea but structures of the deals determine the cap hits so their deals may not be as prohibitive as Matt's, though not sure if that is the case or not.