Are there any Falcons players that you felt didn't give 100 percent effort down the stretch?

I was just watching post game interviews from Brian Hill and Ricardo Allen and I noticed both of them said that only most of the Falcons players gave 100 percent effort the whole season. Ricardo Allen even said the next GM can watch the tape and see who didn't give 100 percent effort.

My question is were there any Falcons players that you noticed didn't give 100 percent effort this year at any particular time? 

During the Green Bay game it seemed to me like Matt Ryan and Todd Gurley were the only ones that gave 100 percent effort. But I only saw a few games this year because I live in Virginia.

1 minute ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I was just watching post game interviews from Brian Hill and Ricardo Allen and I noticed both of them said that only most of the Falcons players gave 100 percent effort the whole season. Ricardo Allen even said the next GM can watch the tape and see who didn't give 100 percent effort.

My question is were there any Falcons players that you noticed didn't give 100 percent effort this year at any particular time? 

During the Green Bay game it seemed to me like Matt Ryan and Todd Gurley were the only ones that gave 100 percent effort. But I only saw a few games this year because I live in Virginia.

Human nature dictates that someone is dogging it.

I can’t really add much other than that I specifically don’t remember any particular players not giving it 100% down the stretch, but I also didn’t watch the entire last 2-3 games; just passively watched.

The Green Bay game OP referenced, though, now that was lackluster effort from almost the entire team. Not Falcons related, but while we’re talking about lackluster efforts, I just want to add that the first NFL game of the season, Texans-Chiefs, I said from the get-go you could see the Texans had already given up. Anyone else notice that?

4 minutes ago, CTann said:

I can’t really add much other than that I specifically don’t remember any particular players not giving it 100% down the stretch, but I also didn’t watch the entire last 2-3 games; just passively watched.

The Green Bay game OP referenced, though, now that was lackluster effort from almost the entire team. Not Falcons related, but while we’re talking about lackluster efforts, I just want to add that the first NFL game of the season, Texans-Chiefs, I said from the get-go you could see the Texans had already given up. Anyone else notice that?

This was a weird assed season.  It felt like many must have sensed the season was a bust.  Few fans, weird protocols, etc.

Offensively, it’s hard to tell because it seemed like everyone was trying at least the last 3 games. If you look throughout the season though, there were moments where many players didn’t seem to be honed in. You guys already mentioned the GB game. Ridley had a stretch in the middle of the season where his concentration seemed off and resulted in lazy catch attempts and/or drops. Hurst disappeared for a while in the second half of the year. Gage was still going up for balls like usual but managed to not get killed as often. I don’t keep a close enough eye on our o-line to really recognize if they’re going 100% or not. 

Defensively, we kinda suck or flat out suck to begin with, so it’s a lot more difficult to pinpoint who’s not trying. Neal played hard and balled from week 6 onward and was probably our most consistent defender from that point to the end of the year. Grady felt like a ghost to end the year, I don’t know if that’s from a lack of effort or not. Terrell also played terribly the final 3 games. Sheff was awful but he was awful the entire year. Oliver looked like he was actually trying. Mariner looked like he was trying but was a victim of Kroy Biermann syndrome. 

Those are basically what I saw and interpreted throughout the year from some of our players. 

16 minutes ago, CTann said:

The Texans players didn't like Bill O'Brien.

I was surprised the Falcons seemed to check out on Dan Quinn after that 6-2 run last year. 

GB and the first CAR game.  You could point out almost anyone.  Those were phone-in efforts by the whole team.  You might argue those 2 were lost in the locker room but not by a single person.  

Todd Gurley gave 100% of something, not sure what. 

Just for pride it would have been nice to see Julio in the last month. Tell me if we were in a wildcard would he still be hurt?  

There were some 3rd and 1 with nobody open and a giant hole I wish someone would have stepped into a few times to extend drives.  There were absolutely a few 4th quarter losses on that.  Not saying names. 

I think everyone has good and bad days and plays.  Week 4 and 5 may as well have been forfeited. 

19 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

The Texans players didn't like Bill O'Brien.

I was surprised the Falcons seemed to check out on Dan Quinn after that 6-2 run last year. 

They sensed a "Dead Man Walking" and were too professional to really speak out.  My guess is that Raheem and a couple coaches might have kept it together in the locker room.

1 minute ago, Snozberies17 said:

I couldn't tell if it was laziness or just frustration but Sheffield seemed like he was off ALL season. Just my observation. Could have been injuries or off field things but just seemed like his head wasn't in it this season. His attitude and confidence took a huge dip from last year.

I got this feeling from McGary as well.  

Just now, PokerSteve said:

Fact. But honestly, I don't know of anybody who dogged it going down the stretch.

I cannot imagine anyone was really mailing it in.  Empty stadiums and weird protocols really killed the energy I would think.  The players had to know that Quinn was also done.  Once he left the building, their energy picked up.

I also think that DQ lost the locker room the year before by paying Beasley all that money when it was clear to everyone he wasnt putting in the time/energy/effort to improve himself or those around him. Anyone that see's that would lose hope. I know I've had bosses like that. Why try hard when the guys who are being rewarded didnt do anything to earn it.

8 minutes ago, Snozberies17 said:

I also think that DQ lost the locker room the year before by paying Beasley all that money when it was clear to everyone he wasnt putting in the time/energy/effort to improve himself or those around him. Anyone that see's that would lose hope. I know I've had bosses like that. Why try hard when the guys who are being rewarded didnt do anything to earn it.

Plus firing Sark and Manuel and hiring Koetter may have hurt the team morale.