PFT does not like our situation.

2 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

It was worse at the end of 2007 season. The Falcons are in much better shape in 2020. A hood coach should be able to turn it around quickly.

I kinda wanna know what you be typing that keeps making ur phone auto correct good to hood lol. 

1 hour ago, Dr Long Shot said:

The positive is that there are plenty of HC candidates available and even if we don't get "first pick" we will have plenty of good coaches to chose from. Rarely does the hot HC candidate ever amount to much anyway. 

Yep, Quinn was the hot candidate that year. 

Articles like this are so lazy. Teams with so much cap space are mostly devoid of talent and FA is the worst way to build your team. This is not like the NBA where you can buy the best team. You have to build your team through the draft and supplement with key FA picks.

Would you rather have a ton of cap space and be stuck overpaying players in FA? Every off season I hear about some dream team built through FA that rarely pans out.

The best teams draft and lock up their best players long term. We are in a tough cap situation, but we have a lot of great building blocks such as Ryan, Julio, Ridley, Lindstrom, Matthews, Jarrett, Debo, Foye, and Terrell.

3 minutes ago, Jpg428gggg said:

Articles like this are so lazy. Teams with so much cap space are mostly devoid of talent and FA is the worst way to build your team. This is not like the NBA where you can buy the best team. You have to build your team through the draft and supplement with key FA picks.

Would you rather have a ton of cap space and be stuck overpaying players in FA? Every off season I hear about some dream team built through FA that rarely pans out.

The best teams draft and lock up their best players long term. We are in a tough cap situation, but we have a lot of great building blocks such as Ryan, Julio, Ridley, Lindstrom, Matthews, Jarrett, Debo, Foye, and Terrell.

I'd rather be on a team with lots of cap space and draft picks.  More flexibility.  First year or two draft the right players.  Only sign bare minimum fas for spots in need.  Then when things are set and your qb looks good, try to get some pricy fas to put ur team over the top

4 hours ago, Tmodel66 said:

I harp about our cap situation all of the time on this board, but this can be overcome with a long-term contract offer. 

You don't have to win next year, but can you make us a contender in three years?  How are we going to look 4-5 years down the road with you as our coach or GM?  What is your plan?

These are the questions that matter.

in all honesty, if you look at the games we played this year as frustrating as they were to watch we should have been a contender this year. give us an OC with just ounce of a close on how to adjust after halftime and a competent O-line coach and Rah could have won every game he coached this very season, but he didn't

That is what I said last year.  Get rid of admin from McKay down.  McKay always has his finger on the scales when we make a move.  I have also been saying we need a real finance guy to fix the Cap before we can make any trades, fixes or hiring of players.  The team will struggle without the Cap situation addressed  and resolved first.  

Business as usual is not going to fix the Falcons no matter how good and pure Arthur Blanks intentions are.

McKay's expiration date has expired. Toss him out with the wilted lettuce.

Will AB have the guts and fortitude to pull the trigger and pink slip McKay.  I don't think so because McKay has too many contacts in the NFL.  As I have stated before Arthur needs a diplomatic reason that makes McKay and Arthur look good without losing face.  Until then we are stuck anchored with McKay's influence, second guessing all  our future moves.

Continuity needs to stop now if this team is going to get on the right path.

Fixing this mess will not be simply a GM and HC...

The weakest players in the league got drafted or offered and rostered. There’s really no player problem anywhere. Minuscule deltas in some positions. Coaches make a difference.  Expectations make a difference. Or you could say there’s 32 in the world and one of them was Quinn. 
I feel like our club is in a good position, really a great position within 2-3 seasons.  Lombardi in 2023?  Let’s Go!

5 hours ago, JDaveG said:

I'm just going to go ahead and say it.  If a prospective HC is reading PFT or any other media outlet to determine whether they want to accept this job, I don't want them here anyway.

This ^.

There are only 32 NFL GM and HC jobs in the world. They are ALL desirable.

reply In reply to Dan087
That is not at all correct. If you trade Ryan, the dead cap is 49 mil, but part of that 49 is what we are already playing him this year, not an additional 49. 

We could trade Ryan and Julio, cut Allen, Bailey, Carpenter, and Davidson, and be under the cap while also having around 150 million available for 2022. 
thumb_upRec1replyReply
shareShare

Pulled this from Falconholic, Is this a real thing? If so feel would be the narrative.

28 minutes ago, OrthoPTSD said:
reply In reply to Dan087
That is not at all correct. If you trade Ryan, the dead cap is 49 mil, but part of that 49 is what we are already playing him this year, not an additional 49. 

We could trade Ryan and Julio, cut Allen, Bailey, Carpenter, and Davidson, and be under the cap while also having around 150 million available for 2022. 
thumb_upRec1replyReply
shareShare

Pulled this from Falconholic, Is this a real thing? If so feel would be the narrative.

I feel the same when I see things like these, if we can figure out these things so easily, why can't the people being paid to do it? 

That said, I feel what AB said awhile back merits credit. If the new GM/HC wants to trade ANYONE, AB just asks them to "show me the plan to winning". I'm starting to think it may not be out of the question for a HUGE shake up. Just a feeling FWIW

For me it is Chargers-Falcons-Houston at the top, As a new manager, i want a team with some talent and stability to establish myself first and then slowly put my footprint on the club. I'm not sure Lafeur would have been more successful at Cincinnati than Zach Taylor and vice versa.

This ended up being one of the best seasons for HC openings with so many open spots with true potential. Leave it to the Falcons to be a day late and a dollar short firing their coach 😂 now stuck competing against more great openings than perhaps any offseason before 

You hear ex-coaches-turned-analysts say this all the time - Rookie QBs are a great way to lose your job. 

It’s because a team (i.e. Coach) is tied to a newly drafted QB and the fail rate with those types of QBs are incredibly high. Any new, first time HC will likely want to go to the team with the best QB. 

Cap space?!? That can be fixed. But you can’t fix a bad QB.