Imagine This! Bring him home ?!?! (Whoever we hire)

1 minute ago, 408Falcon said:

Duh. Any team needs a defense. But what about last year? Not a good defense in HOU, but great QB/WR/RB game... They held their own. 

How many points did the defense give up last year or year before. Winning a 10-16 or a 21-20 game is easier than say winning a game by scoring 35 pts every week. Watson never had to win high scoring games on consistent basis. Not saying he can’t, but can he with worst defense in ATL?

5 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

That's a great question.  I guess many feel we have more weapons, and he is mobile, so can extend plays and run around evading the bull rush to make a play.  That's the gist I get.

He had better defense and run game in Houston for most of last 4 years. He ain’t gonna see low scoring games like HOU with crappy ATL D. 

2 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

He had better defense and run game in Houston for most of last 4 years. He ain’t gonna see low scoring games like HOU with crappy ATL D. 

There is truth there.  My guess is that was the post I quoted.  He would not have done any better here given all things considered.

2 hours ago, marvinthemartian said:

Watson seems like a really good guy off the field too. I think you would want that in your leader. Matt has been that way also. 

Good guy? More like “Poster Child” for the league. Arthur would seriously try to adopt him as a son if this happened. 😂

Him, Matt, Julio, Watt, they’re all squeaky clean role model types that represent all that is right about this game. 

8 hours ago, TheHeartless said:

The draft picks you'd have to trade for him would put you in the same situation that the Texans are currently. With that said it would be completely worth it though in the long run.

I dont think so if u include Matt. Maybe Matt this yrs 4 pick and the 1 from next yr that would be very enticing. So you're basically giving up a legit starting qb in the league and 2 1s to replace our current qb with a superstar. I do think that if the rumors are true then ATL would be his #1 destination to come home. And if we hire Bieniemy to pair with Watson man I would feel good abt our team. 

• NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Deshaun Watson is upset over the Texans' hiring process for general manager and has not spoken to team brass "in the last few days." 

Yikes. ESPN's Adam Schefter adds more context, reporting Watson met with owner Cal McNair and "shared thoughts on certain candidates that came highly recommended." The front office reportedly promised Watson he would have input. Per Schefter, Watson "did not expect Houston to hire those that he endorsed, but he was hoping the Texans would be respectful of the feelings of the group of his teammates that he was trying to represent." Instead, Watson was apparently kept completely out of the loop and found out about Nick Caserio's hiring on social media. The episode especially stung Watson because he was also kept in the dark on DeAndre Hopkins' trade. None of this is surprising coming from one of the most dysfunctional organizations in North American sports. The Texans still possess nearly all of the leverage after extending Watson's contract in September, but we wouldn't consider it a guarantee that the superstar remains in Houston. 

Jan 7, 2021, 7:33 PM ET

•  

15 hours ago, Mr.11 said:

Lol he's not leaving Houston. Even if he was, Atlanta can't afford him...literally.

and we don't need a qb that cries because he doesn't get his way.

12 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

NFL.com is reporting he is have a hissy because he wasn’t consulted in the hiring of their new GM.

I’ve always liked Watson but when I read that I was pretty shocked.  Why in the world does a 25 year old QB think he should have any input on who’s hired as GM?!  I mean I could see the HC but the GM!?  Lol

13 hours ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

I’ll take Watt

Yes. He was heart and soul of that team. I like how he calls out himself and every one else. One of the few non Falcons players I follow on social media. Not sure he will go to a non contender. 

14 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

NFL.com is reporting he is have a hissy because he wasn’t consulted in the hiring of their new GM.

His first time going through change. Wouldn’t call him Diva. I met Watson few times from his HS days and last year in Houston. Still Very down to earth guy. One of the most humble QB you will find. If Falcons had defense, I Would love to have Watson here.

I love Watson but why would Houston want Ryan? They are not close to winning so they will waste Ryan’s remaining years.

Additionally, how much would he improve us anyways? QB is the least of our problems right now. Invest in defense and a running game.

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

His first time going through change. Wouldn’t call him Diva. I met Watson few times from his HS days and last year in Houston. Still Very down to earth guy. One of the most humble QB you will find. If Falcons had defense, I Would love to have Watson here.

Never said he was a diva as a whole, said he was having a hissy over the GM hire without his input. All I have ever heard prior to that was positive.